The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
We are currently investigating connection issues some players are having on the North American megaservers. We will update as new information becomes available.

Quick question about enchanting and improving armor

Swernik
Swernik
✭✭✭
Hey thanks for the help !

I have a question regarding the different enchantment qualities and armor quality.
For example:
Right now I have a purple armor with a purple magika enchantment on it. (it is around 804 magika or something)
If I improve this armor piece to gold it says the enchantment will increase to 864.
But the gold enchantment is also 864 so if im correct, its useless to buy gold enchantments for gold gear?

Does this mean its best to put a whit enchantment on a white armor piece, and then just only improve the armor and the enchantment will "turn gold" if the armor will be gold?

Thanks !
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not sure how to explain this but you're incorrect. Gold + Gold is better than Gold + Purple. I'll leave it to one of the stat wizards around here to say why, but it is.
    Options
  • Swernik
    Swernik
    ✭✭✭
    Ah alright awesome ! thanks :)
    Options
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As I recall, crafted items do not upgrade their enchantments under any circumstances. Dropped items can, though I forget if that's only in certain cases or universal.
    Options
  • Swernik
    Swernik
    ✭✭✭
    Alright, thanks for the information !
    It seems that it is still a bit vague bit I guess gold + gold is indeed better.
    Options
  • Etchos
    Etchos
    ✭✭✭
    Is the armour infused? In which case upgrading the armour from purple to gold will increase the trait value which will increase the boost you get to the enchantment. Nothing to do with the rune.
    Options
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you use a dropped item with the enchantment it dropped with, upgrading the item will also upgrade the enchantment. This behaviour still applies as of last patch.

If you apply a different enchantment to a dropped item or if you apply an enchantment to a crafted item, upgrading the item used to NOT upgrade the enchantment. I have not tested it in ages, so I cannot confirm that this is still the case, but I assume it is.
    Edited by Leandor on May 11, 2016 10:50AM
    Options
  • Swernik
    Swernik
    ✭✭✭
    Leandor wrote: »
    If you use a dropped item with the enchantment it dropped with, upgrading the item will also upgrade the enchantment. This behaviour still applies as of last patch.

If you apply a different enchantment to a dropped item or if you apply an enchantment to a crafted item, upgrading the item used to NOT upgrade the enchantment. I have not tested it in ages, so I cannot confirm that this is still the case, but I assume it is.

So lets say I have the Arch-Mage set, it is best to only upgrade it with the enchantment already on it? and don't bother buying new enchantments for it?
    Options
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Swernik wrote: »
    Leandor wrote: »

So lets say I have the Arch-Mage set, it is best to only upgrade it with the enchantment already on it? and don't bother buying new enchantments for it?
    well, yes. If the enchantment an item dropped with suits you, there is no reason to exchange it.
    Options
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is huge news for me. I just had enough kutas for my end game set, so it means I'm saved 5 from the dropped items I've bought?? I.e. Marksman / Vic Death Amazing!!!
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
    Options
  • Swernik
    Swernik
    ✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    This is huge news for me. I just had enough kutas for my end game set, so it means I'm saved 5 from the dropped items I've bought?? I.e. Marksman / Vic Death Amazing!!!

Yes it seems so !
    Options
  • Swernik
    Swernik
    ✭✭✭

Yes it seems so !
    Options
  • Swernik
    Swernik
    ✭✭✭

Yes it seems so !
    Options