The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Confused about magicka/stamina balance, NB

Colen
Colen
Soul Shriven
Helloes
I thought of writing here as I have been having many dilemmas in the past month. For a starter I am still leveling VR10. Playing it slow for my comfort.

Anyhow. I'we been mostly playing/leveling magicka specced NB with heal/desto or heal/1h+s. And its been great. However i feel drawn towards dps and stealthy way of playing so i have been occasionally trying stamina builds with bow and melee weapon.

But always when I play stamina builds I get really frustrated at some point how bloody easy it is to die if you make even one mistake. Where as previously with magicka and full cloth i feel almost immortal. But i see that stamina can dish out major damage. Can I get that kinda dps with magicka?

Any tips what I should do? Is it possible to get nice dps magicka stealthy build? Or what should I do with my stamina? Is it just the way that stamina seems to be more of damage than survival?

One think i gotta rant about too is that why there is stealth bonus in medium armor? :S its illogical to not have it with light armor too... I wanna be clothed thief..
  • MrTarkanian48
    MrTarkanian48
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are you primarily focused on PVE or PVP?

What is your race?
    Wood Elf Stam NB (PVP)
    Redguard Stam Sorc (PVP)
    Altmer NB (DPS)
    Imperial DK (Tank)
    Redguard DK (DPS)
    Altmer Templar (Healer)

EP - PS4
  • Colen
    Colen
    Soul Shriven
    PVE, Breton
    Doesn't support dps that much but I'd still like to try my best on that behalf too. ^^

Tryed stamina again and got frustrated pretty quick so decided to stay and focus on magicka builds. All that i really miss is those big chunks of damage that i could dish out with stealth. Uppercut from stealth does 22k damage and one-shots pretty much all my lvl mobs. Suprise attack did about 15k which was crazy too. Closest i get with magicka is 6k with Concealed weapon..
    Allso miss melee weapons. I know dual wield does give nice spell power but it feels really *** to just carry those daggers and be casting spells and abilities, whilst the weapons itself could kill a skeever.
  • cjhhickman39
    cjhhickman39
    ✭✭✭✭
    Try looking on the players guide forum there is an excellent guide there on all skills after db drop.
    Edited by cjhhickman39 on May 17, 2016 1:15AM
  • cjhhickman39
    cjhhickman39
    ✭✭✭✭
    Patch 2.4 skill line guide yes I thought I was on players helping players senior moment lol