The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Loading screens in PVP are taking me 5-10 minutes

Iink
Iink
✭✭✭✭
This is a serious problem, the group leader (me) gets a loading screen, can't coordinate with the group. And then members start to leave. Or players can be doing something important, get a loading screen and the other factions can take our keep or scroll in the 10 minutes we spend in a loading screen. It is extreemly infuriating, and PVP becomes borderline unplayable when the loading screens take this long.

This needs to be fixed. please find out what is causing these long loading screens and fix it. This is a serious problem. Thank you.
Edited by Iink on May 10, 2016 4:00AM
  • ZOS_DaryaK
    ZOS_DaryaK
    admin
    Hello Iink,
    If you haven't already please submit a ticket to our support team and be sure to include your game consultant so they can investigate this issue with you.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS_DaryaK wrote: »
    Hello Iink,
    If you haven't already please submit a ticket to our support team and be sure to include your game consultant so they can investigate this issue with you.

What?
    According to my knowledge many of us (if not a vast majority) have this problem and it happens from time to time. For me - mainly when I engaged in a huge battle and after it's over (or I got killed) I want to teleport to another keep. This usually stops (back to normal loading screens) after about 30 min or if I relog.
    Options
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Def have run into the insanely long loading screens after a big battle and gotten killed i usually end up giving up on waiting and close out the game then re open it.... many others in my pvp guild run into the issue as well
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
    Options
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

The load screens are caused by NAT(Network Address Translation which is part of multiple RFC)

On PC the solution is to Port Trigger(or Forward but i recommend Triggering) the following ports:

TCP / UDP Ports 24100 through 24131
    TCP / UDP Ports 24500 through 24507
    TCP / UDP Ports 24300 through 24331
    TCP Port 80
    TCP Port 433

Also exempting the ESO.exe and ESO64.exe from the Windows Firewall or whatever 3rd party firewall software you use is recommenced.

ESO does not support UPnP,. UPnP is not some magic that just works, programs have to be coded specifically to support it, and since UPnP is broken in many consumer routers and UPnP is also a security risk(We don't need applications automatically opening ports into our internal network from the internet without knowing about it) ZOS was smart not to support it. Most consumer routers nowadays have that turned off by default for this reason. Its not really considered the best way to do it anymore, Forwarding for servers and Triggering for applications is the way forward.

The load screens are caused by NAT, sometimes your computer will send a connection to ESO and sometimes ESO will source the connection back to you(the client) on a different port which happens to be behind a NAT device that drops the packet by design..it eventually loads As TCP is pretty resilient and will use various methods to eventually get the packets though, but it can be a long wait.

Open those ports with triggering and 99% of your load screen problems will go away, the lag however is something entirely different.
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

Options
  • Sa0n
    Sa0n
    ✭✭✭
    Whoa, this is still a problem? :|

edit: Haven't played in months, only logged in once after TG launch.
    Edited by Sa0n on May 14, 2016 9:03AM
    Literally eat my assflaps.

Uninstalled.
    Time wasted: 6 years.
    Options
  • PlagueMonk
    PlagueMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm having the same issue.

I had little to no problems until about a week ago when I started getting load screens moving between WPs....again. Then tonight alone I got 3 IN A ROW. 2 of which lasted about 2 mins and the 3rd over 5 mins (which is when I force quit and restarted)

I also crash once a night in our world boss group. My framerate progressively gets worse until I see pink models then *bam* crash. It feels very much like a memory leak problem because when I return my framerate is back in the 60s.
    Options