Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Cyrodiil Skyshards

LadyLethalla
LadyLethalla
✭✭✭✭✭
So I spent about 6 hours in Cyrodiil on the weekend, getting about 15 skyshards, but as I was playing solo I was stymied by the EP Gates, behind which there are two. I assume there are two also in AD behind their gates.

I assume also that to get past said gates you have to kill all the NPC defenders, which isn't all that possible, solo.
However, last night, while I was doing dailies in Chorral, a message popped up that the Gate of Chim was open. Since it was literally miles away, I didn't bother riding hell for leather over there - since I figured the Gate would be manned again by the time I arrived (and EP held all the nearest Keeps/Forts anyway).

How long would it have been until the NPC defenders respawned, does anyone know?

I'd really like to get ALL the Cyrodiil skyshards. Any tips? (Other than "Join a guild, OP!" - the guilds I'm in, I have no idea if they even do any PvP.)

Thanks.
x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017.
Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Go to buff server
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you referring to Blackwater Blade and/or Azura's?
    x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You can make it. I don't think NPCs should stop you.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can't get in the gates by killing npcs. They open when the closest keep and the key keep are in enemy control. The gate of Chim opened because AD and/or DC had taken Arrius and Kingscrest. As soon as EP takes one of them back the gate will close.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »
    You can't get in the gates by killing npcs. They open when the closest keep and the key keep are in enemy control. The gate of Chim opened because AD and/or DC had taken Arrius and Kingscrest. As soon as EP takes one of them back the gate will close.

Oh okay. Wasn't aware that was how it worked. It said it opened just before an AD player stole the Chim scroll.
    Edited by LadyLethalla on May 10, 2016 3:22AM
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And once the gate is open you can ride right through it, even if there are still NPCs on the rafters. Just sprint through.

Of course, you need to be on the lookout for enemy players once inside their outer ring.
    :smile:
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    And once the gate is open you can ride right through it, even if there are still NPCs on the rafters. Just sprint through.

Of course, you need to be on the lookout for enemy players once inside their outer ring.
    :smile:

Glad to hear it's not as difficult as I'd thought. Thanks :)
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The easiest way to get the gated skyshards is log on to a campaign controlled by your alliance. Then it's just a matter of riding through the gates to the shards. I can only tell you it's not on Trueflame. You can mostly avoid any NPCs by sprinting and using Rapid Maneuvers. If the enemy alliance is at all active, best to sneak once inside the gate.

The next best method is joining a group. However, this still requires the gates to be open. If you are in a group collecting the shards, chances are they will not be the one's taking keeps. But being in a group when the gate is open offers much more protection.

Generally, when you see the message about the Gate of Whatever being open, it means a group is trying to get the scroll. How long the gate is open really depends on enemy response time to take back the aforementioned keeps. Could be hours, could be 10-15 minutes. Just be aware that enemy players often ignore the scroll defense to gank shard seekers....approach with caution.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @Ourorboros :)