The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is Cyrodil just broken?

Katyprairie
Katyprairie
✭✭
Hello I am on the Xbox one NA server. I am not using wireless as I have my Xbox one hard wired directly into the Internet. I've tested my internet and im getting 80mbs downloading speed and 12mbs upload speed and I have a ping of 9ms. So this begs the question, why am I constantly lagging out when a fight gets more than like 20 people in Cyrodil. I went to test it out for the first time since the thieves guild release and it's still as bad as it was. What is going on here and is there anything I can do to improve it?
  • Warraxx
    Warraxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Is Cyrodil just broken?"

yup
  • Triipzzz
    Triipzzz
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe you should re-word you question to "will they ever be able to fix lag?" There's nothing wrong with your internet, Its Eso. Try and play in a less crowded campaign if you want to ease some frustration.
  • RogueShade
    RogueShade
    ✭✭✭
    It's not just Cyrodil, the pve areas are extremely laggy too.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello I am on the Xbox one NA server. I am not using wireless as I have my Xbox one hard wired directly into the Internet. I've tested my internet and im getting 80mbs downloading speed and 12mbs upload speed and I have a ping of 9ms. So this begs the question, why am I constantly lagging out when a fight gets more than like 20 people in Cyrodil. I went to test it out for the first time since the thieves guild release and it's still as bad as it was. What is going on here and is there anything I can do to improve it?

It's an age old issue with ESO. It is not you, it's the entire PvP campaign. There is currently a massive issue with lag in PvP, and it will not being going away anytime soon. I recommend switching campaigns until you find one with no lag but also a decent population.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cyrodiil is broken yes. Its too much lagg almost the entire day except from very early morning, after that it starts lagging and people clusters up and makes zergs.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Try imperial city pvp. Even in Haderus not too bad