The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

64 bit Sound problems worse with last update.

snoogadooch
snoogadooch
✭✭✭
Since the last patch, my random sounds, random bursts of static and loss of dialogue audio in quests has increased 2-3x what i was experiencing before the latest patch. Just thought you might like to know.
  • Amphithoe
    Amphithoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same much worse!
    Guildmaster: School of Julianos
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes still losing my sound and I'm 64 bit as well .
  • Amphithoe
    Amphithoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now its like an insane asylum of crazy noises, and worst thing is that i cant use the 32-bit version without getting bumped to login ever damn time i log in to the game.
    Guildmaster: School of Julianos
  • kratier
    kratier
    ✭✭✭✭
    yeah wtf are the devs even doing, how do they think this game is even playable ATM with these kinds of issues? its terrible. i cant imagine them asking money for content when this game is so broken right now

like half the time the npcs dont even talk, the other half i have to restart my client 50x because of the audio glitches. jesus its so awful. whoever is in charge needs to FIX THIS IMMEDIATELY.
  • Martinus72
    Martinus72
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have to confirm it just got worse and the most annoying is having to exit game completely and hoping that next time it will load without sound issues.
    Only relog, which fixes particle leak doesn't help here.
    Let's hope it will be finally fixed with DB release.
  • MickeyBN
    MickeyBN
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm having the exact same issues, hope this gets fixed soon. Nothing breaks immersion more than NPC's suddenly losing their voices, music cutting out and randomly getting deafened by huge static noises.
    Vaelerys Nightborn - Bosmer Nightblade PC NA
  • MickeyBN
    MickeyBN
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok so just as I finished that last reply I've attempted to reload the client and now I've completely lost ALL sound in game. I don't know what's going on but this is ridiculous.
    Vaelerys Nightborn - Bosmer Nightblade PC NA
  • Tinolyn
    Tinolyn
    ✭✭✭
    Is ZOS even trying to fix the problems with the 64 bit client?

Every time I launch this client it gets worse. Every session has more and more audio issues. I even saw pink textures on Saturday (Shada's Tear in Craglorn, if you are curious, before you go in the instance. Above the entrance and at the bottom of the ladder with the water.)

How long has this client been released and it is STILL not working. The 32 bit version works, and sadly, it is clearly superior at this point.
  • bottleofsyrup
    bottleofsyrup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tinolyn wrote: »

Every time I launch this client it gets worse. Every session has more and more audio issues. I even saw pink textures on Saturday (Shada's Tear in Craglorn, if you are curious, before you go in the instance. Above the entrance and at the bottom of the ladder with the water.)

How long has this client been released and it is STILL not working. The 32 bit version works, and sadly, it is clearly superior at this point.

Seems like development on it has stopped at this point. They said we wouldn't have to wait until the DLC for them to be fixed, but we're getting pretty close and still nothing on the PTS or live servers. Audio still disappears in Cyrodiil too on both clients.
  • Martinus72
    Martinus72
    ✭✭✭✭
    Any news on this issue, I can live with particle leak in 64bit client and relogging from time to time but having to exit and restart whole client every time when sound goes south and random/static cacophonous attacks my ears is becoming really tiresome...
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A friend had me go to Device Manager and Disable all the options under "Sound, video, game controllers" except the one that you're actually using for audio (I guess he had a bunch there for some reason). I had AMD something and Realtek HD. I disabled the AMD controller and logged out/in. For a few days I had zero audio issues at all.

Then the next day, there was a patch and some of them came back so idk wtf is going on. :D
    Edited by kadar on May 20, 2016 7:05PM
  • Wycks
    Wycks
    ✭✭✭✭
    Has ZOS even said anything about this, it ridiculous.
    The numbers thing is always going to be there, but it’s more down to player skill and there are ways through ability choice to configure a group to be stronger vs. large groups of people. - BRAIN WHEELER - 2012 - LOL
  • Rexlupis
    Rexlupis
    ✭✭✭
    Tinolyn wrote: »

Seems like development on it has stopped at this point. They said we wouldn't have to wait until the DLC for them to be fixed, but we're getting pretty close and still nothing on the PTS or live servers. Audio still disappears in Cyrodiil too on both clients.

When it comes to ZoS and bug fixes, I've just begun to assume they're lying when they give any time-frame or say that an issue will be solved. History has shown that they are likely to exacerbate the problem rather than fix anything.

After subscribing for two years, it is this sort of shoddy support and blatant disrespect for their customers that caused me to end my subscription. This, combined with the slap-in-the-face of $50 "assistants" (banker/merchant) has made me lose all respect for this game and Zenimax Online Studios. Considering how little respect they give their customers, they certainly don't deserve respect in return.
  • Aektann
    Aektann
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom any ETA? Sound problems are still here.
  • ThisOnePosts
    ThisOnePosts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wow.... LOL the sound bugs are all over the place and on-going for months now. Just fix them already, it should be top priority. This game is MUCH better on 64 bit clients, but plagued with this type of bug I don't know if it's funny or annoying.. kinda both.
  • Betheny
    Betheny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I figured out how to fix it when it bugs (works 100% and stops all sound issues), tried reporting this to ESO Support so I could explain how and hopefully get them to figure out what they're doing wrong, but they ignored me.