Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

General Fishing

Peter38
Peter38
Hello all I would like to ask a question about fishing. A few days ago I caught the Hagfen Hagfish on the Glenumbra Moors. But unfortunately I didn't check my inventory carry capacity and it was full and couldn't add it in my inventory so had no choice but to discard it.I have been trying for a few days now to recatch this fish to no success. So in turn it's preventing me obtaining the Glenumbra Angler

Once a Particular blue fish has been caught can the same fish be caught again. This Hagfish also appears to have a very low drop rate.Thanks for any help that is given

Best Answer

• Peter38
    Peter38
    Thanks I am so glad to hear that.Thanks for your help.

Believe me I do now most Definitely won't be making that same mistake Twice:)
  • GivvumBoane
    GivvumBoane
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have run into the same situation. In each instance after tossing the fish, I destroy some random inventory junk, recast and catch the same fish I threw back. I imagine if you leave the area to sell. Items or deconstruct then that would be impossible. Even had it happen with used bait. Mistakenly selected the wrong bait, caught trash. Discarded, selected the correct bait, and caught the used bait again. Confused the hell out. Of me. I began to question my in game fishing knowledge.
    All hail the prophet that is Mike Judge, for his Idiocracy prophecy is near fruition.
  • emily3989
    emily3989
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are ESO+, in a few weeks you will have billions of inventory space for fish, so don't stress too much atm.
    Thasi - V16 Magblade Vampire PC/NA
  • GivvumBoane
    GivvumBoane
    ✭✭✭✭
    emily3989 wrote: »
    If you are ESO+, in a few weeks you will have billions of inventory space for fish, so don't stress too much atm.

Kinda wish they would make fish fillets sellable to a vendor for at least 1 gold each. Considering we are robbed of 1 fillet for every fish it should be 2 gold. Last fish I saw had 2 sides. I think all provisioning stuff should be sellable for 1 gold.
    All hail the prophet that is Mike Judge, for his Idiocracy prophecy is near fruition.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Peter38 wrote: »
    Once a Particular blue fish has been caught can the same fish be caught again. This Hagfish also appears to have a very low drop rate.Thanks for any help that is given

If you want to catch the rare fish, fish with a group. I don't know if you necessarily need to be Grouped in the game, but the more people fishing a hole, the higher the chance to get Greens and Blues. My guild used to do a Fishing night where 5 to 12 of us would go fishing. We would all hit one hole and almost every fish caught was a Green or Blue. Sure, the hole depleted in about two casts, but there are always more fishing holes. Even fishing with 2 or 3 others is enough to up the chance significantly.

We would get the zone fishing achievements in about 20 to 30 minutes.

Edited by Nestor on May 18, 2016 10:05PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• heyewe
    heyewe
    ✭✭✭
    @GivvumBoane just an idea I've done with the filets after a fishing expedition since they aren't worth $ as a 'filet.'

Go to a cooking fire and create fishy sticks....or some other recipe that uses them and THEN sell them to a merchant. If you have points in provisioning, you'll make 4 fishy sticks ( or any other recipe that includes fish filets) per filet, and they can be sold for one gold each. ;)

It's not a huge profit but it's better than zero!!
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    heyewe wrote: »
    @GivvumBoane just an idea I've done with the filets after a fishing expedition since they aren't worth $ as a 'filet.'

Go to a cooking fire and create fishy sticks....or some other recipe that uses them and THEN sell them to a merchant. If you have points in provisioning, you'll make 4 fishy sticks ( or any other recipe that includes fish filets) per filet, and they can be sold for one gold each. ;)

^^^This, plus when making food, I try to only use recipes that include fish as an ingredient.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • GivvumBoane
    GivvumBoane
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ourorboros wrote: »
    heyewe wrote: »

^^^This, plus when making food, I try to only use recipes that include fish as an ingredient.

Lol yeah I had tons of recipes, except fishy sticks. I had to buy it from a vendor with a character with a low provisioning skill. All of my other recipes were found in containers or collected from writs. It's the first recipe I had to buy
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I read this title as 'General ***' ...

I need to sleep.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Myrnhiel
    Myrnhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    If you want to catch the rare fish, fish with a group. I don't know if you necessarily need to be Grouped in the game, but the more people fishing a hole...

No, you don't have to group up for this. I did the MasterAngler title completely on my own. I took quite a while, but you definitely can do it alone.

I had thousands of fish filets (and I don't know how much time it took me to filet them...) and was also wishing for the possibility to sell them to a chef or a merchant.
    In the end I created another character and made him chef - he made tons of fishy sticks and sold them - so I got my money this way

Edited by Myrnhiel on May 29, 2016 12:20PM
  • saxgooner
    saxgooner
    ✭✭✭
    Just on the last zone dc for master angler, keeping the line tight and fingers crossed