The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Razum-dar - A theory.

Hellsbunnies
Hellsbunnies
✭✭✭
Soooooo. Razum-dar. We all love him but I have a theory. The last quest with Raz leaves two options: You destroy the crown and he dies or you don't and he lives (leaving one irate pussum).
Up to this point, with a terminal destination fixed, he is both alive and dead. Therefore I declare that Razum-dar is in fact, Schrödinger's cat.
Developers? Is this a hidden joke/reference?
Most known on PC EU server as The Samurai Pizza Cat.
Twitter @HellsbunniesTV
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Way to think outside the box...
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    During my first play through I let him die, but then he was alive later in another quest.

So I guess he just used one of his 9 lives and is fine.
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm. Considering Carahil talks about him being dead and then he just turns up at Dune without explanation....
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one think Razum-dar may be one of Rajhin's Shadows, yes?
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • Bonzodog01
    Bonzodog01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have seen it mentioned somewhere that if you approach and talk to him in Dune, he explains that whilst it was difficult, he did actually escape death, and talks about about lots of jumping.
    Xbox One - EU - EP/DC
    Trying and failing to hold the walls of his Templar house up since 2015
  • kampori
    kampori
    ✭✭✭
    It's Razum-dar, he's the most badass cat there is. No way in hell would he let himself be tricked and killed by a simple ritual. He'd definitely have found a way out if you decide to let him die. Or even if he did die, he'd probably trick a Daedra in the underworld and win his life back. This cat always has a trick up his sleeves. No prison can hold him, least of all the prison of the afterlife.
    This Is Not Here
  • Hellsbunnies
    Hellsbunnies
    ✭✭✭
    You're right @kampori but can't say why without spoilers. :*
    Twitter @HellsbunniesTV
  • Wolfkeks
    Wolfkeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tryxus wrote: »
    This one think Razum-dar may be one of Rajhin's Shadows, yes?

Mmh this one likes this theory :#
    "Sheggorath, you are the Skooma Cat, for what is crazier than a cat on skooma?" - Fadomai
    EU PC 2000+ CP professional mudballer and pie thrower
    Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, vAA hm, vHelRa hm, vSO hm, vMoL hm, vHoF hm, vAS+2, vCR+3, vSS hm, vKA, vRG, Flawless Conquerer, Spirit Slayer
  • khele23eb17_ESO
    khele23eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    a1d0d7b3a924adc024a1d5ae4e5e746c8c33d7140e03f4795a6537564f1ea0de.jpg
    P2P offered you 'hell yeah!' moments. F2P offers you 'thank god its over' moments.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Soooooo. Razum-dar. We all love him but I have a theory. The last quest with Raz leaves two options: You destroy the crown and he dies or you don't and he lives (leaving one irate pussum).
    Up to this point, with a terminal destination fixed, he is both alive and dead. Therefore I declare that Razum-dar is in fact, Schrödinger's cat.
    Developers? Is this a hidden joke/reference?

yes he is!!
  • AshTal
    AshTal
    ✭✭✭✭
    Quest did seem pointless as I always kill him but he just shows up later anyway.
  • clayandaudrey_ESO
    clayandaudrey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kampori wrote: »
    It's Razum-dar, he's the most badass cat there is. No way in hell would he let himself be tricked and killed by a simple ritual. He'd definitely have found a way out if you decide to let him die. Or even if he did die, he'd probably trick a Daedra in the underworld and win his life back. This cat always has a trick up his sleeves. No prison can hold him, least of all the prison of the afterlife.

Sorry. He is the at least the second most bad ass cat there is.

He is definitely not as bad ass as my Khajiit and possibly a few others.
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But you dont actually see him die.
    And if you cant see him..... :tongue:

Wait does that mean he is alive and dead
    /scratches-head

In fact....is there 9 of him roaming around.. or not as tha case may be.
    Edited by Rune_Relic on May 8, 2016 11:42AM
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • Kayira
    Kayira
    ✭✭✭✭
    It broke my heart when I saved his life and he was just simply angry with me. I just didn't want to give up on your Razum-Dar. :'(

Please stop being angry with me. :s
    EU PC
    In Game Tag: @Silthoras

Raid Mains: Warden and Templar Heals
    DDs: Mag Sorc and Mag Necro
  • CherryCake
    CherryCake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saved him at the end, and he was mad at me, tried to talk with him a few times and he was still mad at me... YOU ARE WELCOME YOU STUPID CAT :'(
    Edited by CherryCake on May 8, 2016 2:15PM
    I like sweetrolls and I cannot lie
  • Runaan
    Runaan
    ✭✭✭✭
    This might be a spoiler for many and because I want to avoid more butthurt people hating on me I'll just put it in the spoiler tab.
    Razum-dar will be present during a delve quest in Gold Coast (DB). You could see it on the last ESO Live, where the dev was going through a solo dungeon and Raz was there, with a quest marker a top of his head.
    Also, to the OP. You are not correct about Raz.
    Raz will be alive no matter what you choose to do. Now, I can't recall what quest it was from, but I know you get to talk to him again and ask him how did he survive and he tells you he just managed to get out before it collapsed.
    Runaan Fortis
    Altmer Sorcerer

Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines.

- A Dominion of peace. The fair and just rule of Tamriel
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    He escapes even if you destroy the crown.

Later, in the temple of Two Moons I believe, you can talk to him and he will explain that he escaped but couldn't save any of the other Eyes that were with him.

There isn't a quest mark pointing to him though, so you have to look around the place, and if you miss him this time he won't explain it again the next time you see him. IMO, they should add a quest objective ("Optional: Talk to Razum-Dar"), because the number of people who think this is a continuity mistake is pretty high.

The possibility to get Raz killed never existed in this game.
    Edited by Abeille on May 8, 2016 2:36PM
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • CherryCake
    CherryCake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Abeille wrote: »

Later, in the temple of Two Moons I believe, you can talk to him and he will explain that he escaped but couldn't save any of the other Eyes that were with him.

There isn't a quest mark pointing to him though, so you have to look around the place, and if you miss him this time he won't explain it again the next time you see him.

Thank you for this!
    I like sweetrolls and I cannot lie
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There isn't a quest mark pointing to him though, so you have to look around the place, and if you miss him this time he won't explain it again the next time you see him.

Thank you for this!

No problem. By the way, I always save him, but it is because I know there wasn't in the future any instance where such an object was used, so the crown either doesn't have that power or someone finds a way to destroy it later. And, knowing that, I wouldn't let a bunch of Queen's Eyes die for nothing.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

There isn't a quest mark pointing to him though, so you have to look around the place, and if you miss him this time he won't explain it again the next time you see him. IMO, they should add a quest objective ("Optional: Talk to Razum-Dar"), because the number of people who think this is a continuity mistake is pretty high.

Yeah, I completely missed that part and he never mentioned anything about escaping at the end of the questline. I was hoping to find him and get that dialogue, too. :(
  • ParaNostram
    ParaNostram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Another example of "choice" in ESO quests. You choose to kill the character, oh he isn't really dead he'll show up later!

Ugh... Where's the consequences of my choices? The only choice that seems to matter is at the end of the main quest, and that only matters as far as which piece of loot you get from the quest.
    "Your mistake is you begged for your life, not for mercy. I will show you there are many fates worse than death."

Para Nostram
    Bosmer Sorceress
    Witch of Evermore

"Death is a privilege that can be denied by it's learned scholars."
    Order of the Black Worm
  • Elebeth
    Elebeth
    ✭✭✭
    Gods I hate that cat...

I only let him live in hopes that someone really will use that crown against the Dominion one day; and I can't believe that anyone ever thought that he will actually die there.
    Edited by Elebeth on May 8, 2016 7:22PM
    "I don't recall using teleportation, and yet there I was. Alone. Naked." Morrowind
  • Kharnis
    Kharnis
    ✭✭✭
    Way to think outside the box...

Badum-tish!
    "Technology today is a race between engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof devices, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

- Rich Cook
  • Hellsbunnies
    Hellsbunnies
    ✭✭✭
    Runaan wrote: »
    This might be a spoiler for many and because I want to avoid more butthurt people hating on me I'll just put it in the spoiler tab.
    Razum-dar will be present during a delve quest in Gold Coast (DB). You could see it on the last ESO Live, where the dev was going through a solo dungeon and Raz was there, with a quest marker a top of his head.
    Also, to the OP. You are not correct about Raz.
    Raz will be alive no matter what you choose to do. Now, I can't recall what quest it was from, but I know you get to talk to him again and ask him how did he survive and he tells you he just managed to get out before it collapsed.

Yeah GC seems to be a who's who of previous quests.
    Twitter @HellsbunniesTV
  • Shadowfx1970
    Shadowfx1970
    ✭✭✭
    No matter what you do Razum will return I have it on good authority from the gods themselves and Hellsbunnies who got there before me. Boo to Hellsbunnies :)
    Edited by Shadowfx1970 on May 9, 2016 12:45AM
    I went outside once, the graphics were awesome but the gameplay sucked
  • Shadowfx1970
    Shadowfx1970
    ✭✭✭
    Elebeth wrote: »
    Gods I hate that cat...

I only let him live in hopes that someone really will use that crown against the Dominion one day; and I can't believe that anyone ever thought that he will actually die there.

Dog Lover, boo!
    I went outside once, the graphics were awesome but the gameplay sucked
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Incase you didn't talk to him... he explains he didn't die lol
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ach. Khajitt will explain the mystery of Razum Dar - which is no mystery at all.

Razum Dar he is flattened when the roof falls in - squish squash - goodbye kitty.

Then the Razum Dar he just wakes up with a sore head at the nearest wayshrine. Just like the rest of us yes?

Razum Dar can no more be killed than this one can. Do not read that as an invitation to try and bump off Santie - oh no!

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @SantieClaws Are you saying Raz is an escaped Soul Shriven too? (Would certainly explain a few things...)
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit thinks she is not the only one missing her soul. Indeed there seem to be many more of us running about Tamriel whose soul has been misplaced than those who still possess one.

If the soul of khajiit can be stolen then the soul of Razum Dar could also be.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/