Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Highest Level Writs

Thestephenmcraeub17_ESO
Now that the game allows your character to harvest materials that are scaled with your character's crafting passive skill level, crafting writs shouldn't ask you to make lower level gear. For example, when you go to take a writ, at the highest level, it asks you to make one VR15 item and (usually) two VR9 items. If VR15-16 materials are going to become more readily available, then we shouldn't be asked to make lower level gear as well, because I don't love having to keep a stock of VR9 materials. In addition, I just think it would be cool if deconstructing VR15 and VR16 gear yeilded the same proportional materials as deconstructing things at any other level. It's kind of ridiculous to be out adventuring, and picking up dozens of VR15 and VR16 items, then getting to a crafting station and being able to deconstruct everything in your inventory for about 4 of each material.

*In my opinion, of course*
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In some ways I agree. However, if you had spent the first year of writs using up an entire 100 stack of mats to make one Gear Writ (99 Void Wood for most of those writs, same amount of Metal or Cloth) you would love what they have now. I do agree that the changes recently made have made the penultimate materials harder find in the Adventure Zones.

But, you can spend 20 minutes in one of the last two Gold Zones and farm enough mats for 3 to 6 top level writs now. Even Craglorn can give up that much, but it might take some extra time.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• FerrumnCutem
    FerrumnCutem
    ✭✭✭✭
    Im drowning in rubedo and ancestor mats. Like literally drowning, I have 9 stacks or so of all them. DROWNING
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im drowning in rubedo and ancestor mats. Like literally drowning, I have 9 stacks or so of all them. DROWNING

Sell those mats for approx 50g per unit and use that gold to buy void cloth and shadowhide for 4.5g per unit and roll around in the profits and newly found writ mats.