Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Researched Traits - Inventory Display

agn231
agn231
✭✭✭
Is there a way to determine if an item's trait has been researched when I'm looking at that item in my inventory?

The only way I know to verify this is to take the item to a crafting table and open up the research function. Wouldn't it be nice if there was some sort of indicator near the trait title? or perhaps a different text color of the trait title. Just a thought but please let me know if I'm missing something, thanks!

DC/Xbox NA
  • SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think console does but I'm only PC. On PC there are Addons that provide all that info in the tool tip or in Inventory list.
    Edited by SpAEkus on May 5, 2016 6:27PM
  • emily3989
    emily3989
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On PC I hit one button and get more current and past research information that I could ever possible want (add-on).

Nothing in the game itself does this except for when you are actually at a crafting station.
    Thasi - V16 Magblade Vampire PC/NA
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    agn231 wrote: »
    Is there a way to determine if an item's trait has been researched when I'm looking at that item in my inventory?

Best thing to do since you can't use an Addon is to make a spread sheet to track your trait research. There are, or were, many already made spreadsheets on the web. Use this link to find one, or make your own.

https://www.google.com/#q=eso+trait+spreadsheet

This is how I tracked trait research back when I was not using any addons with the game.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Rachele
    Rachele
    ✭✭
    There is a phone app you can purchase called Workbench. You can track all of your research on it. It also tells you how to make every glyph and potion.
  • GeertKarel
    GeertKarel
    ✭✭✭
    I would recommend using a spreadsheet and write all the traits you still need for every armor piece.
    Sadly pc has it a bit easier since they can use add-ons that can help with such things.
    Server: EU Pact
    Guild: Hodor
  • agn231
    agn231
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the tips!