The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Unofficial Localizations support is partially broken in 2.4.0

Scraelos
Scraelos
✭✭✭
Dear ZOS, especially @ZOS_GinaBruno and @ZOS_ChipHilseberg

We are players, who develop and use unofficial localizations for The Elder Scrolls Online.

We appreciate all of your efforts to make our localizations work.

But there is problem, that appeared in 2.3.x release, and remain unfixed in 2.4.x.

This is your precious Crown Store. It is supposed, that we are not allowed to modify text in the Crown Store. In fact, some translated parts of the interface (and some other text like item descriptions etc.) appears here, but they are completely broken, because we cannot replace Crown Store fonts with our own fonts (see screenshots below).
Ko8AqUi.jpg
LqC1kWa.jpg
o0wrrm3.jpg
If you want to forbid us to translate Crown Store - do it, but do it in a proper way. Use all text from the English files or allow us to use our fonts, so we can solve these problems. We still can edit names and descriptions of crown items, so with your restrictions you didn't solve your main problem, but did a lot of harm to players, who use unofficial localizations.

The second problem concerns a new feature - Nameplates. We can't replace default font for Nameplates, so localized NPC names look wrong in the Nameplates (see screenshots below). You had similar functions for SCT, so what about Nameplates?
SQb75am.jpg
6Bil0gL.jpg
  • KiriX
    KiriX
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS, we are waitihg for your answer!
    PC EU
  • Ra'Shtar
    Ra'Shtar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are not gonna get an answer until at least 3 hours from here, you know when people start getting to work not while they are on their way there.
    Some of my favorite screenshots
    My opinions and posts are mostly on a PvE setting.
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, try feedbacking this while in the PTS and/or post in the PTS section since they are actually looking for feedback there for these kind of issues before the new DLC comes out
    "If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
    "Taller races now sit in chairs correctly"
  • Acht88
    Acht88
    ✭✭
    It's important for me
  • GoodOrc
    GoodOrc
    ✭✭
    + need to be done.
    You need to fulfill promises and obligations before non oficial localizers.
  • KiriX
    KiriX
    ✭✭✭
    We know, that you are not plan translate game, but you can give to us tools, and we will translate game!
    So, you not need translate, but you will have more players, because we (translators) can give them what they need - game with native language.
    PC EU
  • Kirameku
    Kirameku
    ✭✭✭
    Please notice this
  • Regis_Filius
    Regis_Filius
    ✭✭
    Totally agree! ZOS we need it very much!
    "Come to me, Stendarr, for without you, I might be deaf to the manswarm murmurings of thy people, and forgetting their need for comfort and wisdom, I might indulge myself in vain scribblings"
  • Sergun
    Sergun
    ✭✭✭
    It's important for me + need to be done.
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont need a localization, but I agree that its an important thing. Dear ZOS, please dont screw up fan translations again! :o
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe open a ticket and use the link to the thread...
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Scraelos
    Scraelos
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe open a ticket and use the link to the thread...

It's a good idea, but I don't know which category to choose. And the second part of our request is related to game version on PTS. I don't sure, if support can help us with PTS issues.
    Edited by Scraelos on May 5, 2016 7:44PM
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone quote the devs. My interface is bugging.
    Edited by susmitds on May 5, 2016 8:47PM
  • TERAB1T
    TERAB1T
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As I said on esoui forums, ignoring is the worst. ZOS, give us some answers please.
  • KiriX
    KiriX
    ✭✭✭
    some text
    @ZOS_GinaBruno may be you can help us???
    PC EU
  • tamrielus
    tamrielus
    Soul Shriven
    Dear developers. I want to appeal to you from across the Russian-speaking audience of the game. It is very important that could be rueso correctly and work correctly, so that we can fully enjoy the beauty of Tamriel. Please do not otvorachivatsya and help.
  • Spaammer
    Spaammer
    Soul Shriven
    RuEso inportant for me/)
  • Eno_Morvayn
    Eno_Morvayn
    Soul Shriven
    Dear ZOS, please fix it! I need it!
    - Ætherius Eight - Ebonheart Pact EU (russian speaking PvE/PvP guild)
    - World First Sanctum Ophidia Difficult Mode (1.5.8)
  • RoburRoy
    RoburRoy
    Soul Shriven
    ZOS, you ignore our requests? Give already at least some response, plz.
  • DarioZ
    DarioZ
    ✭✭
    We of the Italian translation group have not this issue, but the Russians are one of the most supportive communities that helped us a lot to create the Italian translation, so now I feel right to support them in this request.

Dario,
    ESO Italia Admin
  • Regis_Filius
    Regis_Filius
    ✭✭
    Also I have heard about un-official turkish group and few others? Do they have same problem?
    "Come to me, Stendarr, for without you, I might be deaf to the manswarm murmurings of thy people, and forgetting their need for comfort and wisdom, I might indulge myself in vain scribblings"
  • Vikki
    Vikki
    Soul Shriven
    I understand English but I prefer to play games in my native language. ZOS, fix fonts please!
    Edited by Vikki on May 10, 2016 1:14PM
  • Scraelos
    Scraelos
    ✭✭✭
    Also I have heard about un-official turkish group and few others? Do they have same problem?

Also we cannot bring here many russian-speaking supporters, because they lack forum registration, and forum registration here is some kind of quest in the Support zone. People are waiting for registration for three days.
    Is it so dificut for ZOS to just place the button named "resend forum invitatation code" into account page or support page?
    Edited by Scraelos on May 10, 2016 2:36PM
  • DarthFear
    DarthFear
    Soul Shriven
    Dear ZOS, please fix it! I need it!
    :)
  • Sened
    Sened
    Soul Shriven
    These guys with russian localization make a big deal for all players in Russia, so dear ZOS, please help to them!
  • Fecius
    Fecius
    ✭✭✭
    Though I’m ok with English I’m still sure that ZOS’s support of unofficial localizations is important for many of us.
    - Looking for Progress PvE Guild!
    - Ex Ætherius Eight / Ætherius Raid PC EU
    - World First Sanctum Ophidia Difficult Mode (1.5.8 at January 21, 2015)

- PvE Dunmer Magicka Sorcerer
    - YouTube

- Under sun and sky Outlander, we greet you warmly!
    - Под этим Солнцем и небом мы тепло приветствуем тебя!
  • NevarCorax
    NevarCorax
    Soul Shriven
    I need these localizations. Please, ZOS, fix it!
  • Dreismur
    Dreismur
    Soul Shriven
    Dear ZOS, please fix it! I need it!!!!!!!!
  • KiruhaSUPER
    KiruhaSUPER
    Soul Shriven
    Dear ZOS, we are looking forward to your reply. All we need is support of non-Latin characters. Nobody asks for translation or something like this.
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't you have any other way to communicate this problem than writing on general forum?
    Here it sounds like you complain for ZOS for not paying enough attention for your work. When you started localisation, didn't you receive a name of person responsible for contact in this matter? I'm sure there are better ways to deal with such issues than yelling on general ;).
    Edited by Gargath on May 12, 2016 6:14PM
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."