The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I found the issue with the group finder

DocFrost72
DocFrost72
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
So, a level 10, a level 18, a V15 vamp healer and a tank in medium armor walk into WGT.

The issue isn't always that individuals cheat the system, or don't know what to do. Sure, a normal dungeon sounds easy peasy...until you realize some dungeons aren't meant for some players.

Maybe inplement some system where level 10-16 players get the first three ONLY, working up to Vets (50 after VR removal) being the only ones to access WGT/ ICP. Now I won't pretend this is a perfect system, but it could help cut down on some of the stuff leading to things such as nerfing the DLC dungeons.

As it stands my level 25 toon wasn't permitted to q specifically for Vault's of Madness...despite the fact it scales everyone to 16 anyway. Maybe apply this logic to random daily dungeons.
  • Fignutz821
    Fignutz821
    ✭✭✭
    scaling does apply to the random dungeons...?
    CR 561+
    LV 50 Nord Dk tank/stam DPS (stormproof)
    LV 50 High Elf Sorc DPS (flawless)
    LV 50 Argonian Templar Helaer (yes its a lizard, SMH)
    LV 50 Breton NB magicka DPS (stormproof)
    LV 50 Imperial Stamplar (Jabicus)
    LV 50 khajit Stamblade (Panthrro from the thunder cats)
    LV 50 Redguard stamsorc (stormproof/AD spy)
    LV 50 Dark Elf Magic DK (stormproof/ DC spy)

All characters are NA EP xbox1 (I bleed red)
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fignutz821 wrote: »
    scaling does apply to the random dungeons...?

I understand that a level 10 will be scaled to V16 when entering a dungeon through this system. My gripe is expecting most level 10 toons to be able to run WGT/ICP. The main confusion on my part is that my level 25 cannot specifically q for something like vaults of madness, but get it in the random.

The question becomes, what message are they sending? "You're not ready for this content", or "You are."?
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My understanding is that below level 45, access to specific dungeons is based on where you are in your factions quest line and if you have 'opened' up the area that the dungeon is in. An example might be a level 10 currently in Auridon trying to access Elden Root, which is one of the other areas (Grahtwood) yet to be discovered in the AD quest line.

Maybe the random dungeon finder doesn't take this into account.
    I think once you reach level 45 and join the Undaunted they all become available to you.

It would be good for the game to have some sort of check process for dungeons but it would be hard for it to be accurate and fair. A new player at level 15 going into WGT is like a lamb to the slaughter, whereas a player on his 3rd or 4th character with the right gear and a heap of CP might go in there at level 15 and breeze it in.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.