Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What level were you when you finnished Coldharbour / guild questlines?

lardvader
lardvader
✭✭✭✭✭
Hi all,

Just wondering what level people have been able to finnish the main story and / or Fighters / Mages guild questlines?

My magDrag finnished the guilds at level 33. I'm not sure what the requisite is for trigging Coldharbour but with my stamSorc I got there at level 38. For the pact the questline in the Rift (down in the right corner) seems to trigger this.

I'm gonna level my stamplar this weekend and while doing this will see how fast or low level I can finnish the quests in the Rift.
CP 1200+ PC EU EP
  • DjSolJAH
    DjSolJAH
    ✭✭✭
    If you aren't grinding or skipping quests you should hit lvl 50 when fighting molag bal
    Zee blues are coming!!!! Always.... Always coming...
  • lardvader
    lardvader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DjSolJAH wrote: »
    If you aren't grinding or skipping quests you should hit lvl 50 when fighting molag bal

Thanks for the input. I might have expressed myself a little wrong, but I meant what's the lowest level you've been able to finnish these questlines. I thought initially you had to be at least lvl. 40 and done with the main story mission you get at that level but my last alt went to Coldharbour with the natural progression before level 40. I had to go back and do this even though I had already cleared out the Black Forge.

I'll be playing my alts for the next weeks and will try to finnish Coldharbour as early as possible for all of them. :smiley:
    CP 1200+ PC EU EP
  • theroyalestpythonnub18_ESO
    45 is the lowest. The quest to fight Bal won't trigger if you're lower.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Level 45 is indeed the lowest you can get the final Main Quest at, but I don't think there is a minimum level for accessing Coldharbour through natural story progression. Story progression gives you the Coldharbour access quest as soon as you finish the final alliance story quest in the last alliance zone, but the prerequisites for that quest are only the preceding quests in that zone; no quest from any previous zone is required. Technically therefore, you should be able to access Coldharbour through natural progression immediately upon leaving the Wailing Prison, if you go straight to Zone 5 and complete the required storyline quests there.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • lardvader
    lardvader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the input :smile: You are absolutely correct - with my last alt through Coldharbour I had to grind a little before it would trigger at lvl. 45.
    CP 1200+ PC EU EP
  • TheUrbanWizard
    TheUrbanWizard
    ✭✭✭✭
    I waited until VR16 to finish the fighters guild quest because I fancied the prismatic weapon at the highest level.

It was fine for a while, but I think it an be made in another part of the game, not sure how tho.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    about VR8, I was very slow on that, I was questing side quests and doing pledges and got to the Molag Bal quest later
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    45 | VR2 | VR16 | VR16
    smile.gif
  • Pathfindr
    Pathfindr
    ✭✭✭
    First char, lvl 49. The next 10 or so chars lvl 28ish to 33ish... then grinding to 45 to trigger GoS. I really hate that it won't trigger until lvl 45.
    "Friends help you move. Real friends help you move bodies."

PC EU and PC NA
    Nothing to see here, please move on...
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have done both the Mages and Fighters and L26/28, this was back before they scaled. I have also done them at CP160 just recently. MQ for the most part was finished at L46 to Vet1 for most of my characters. I do have one that has not done the MQ yet, and he is CP160.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• EleonoraCrendraven
    EleonoraCrendraven
    ✭✭✭
    Mages guild about 45, fighters guild I am still waiting because of the weapon. Molag Bal: VR 2 and later with another character CP < 100.
  • lardvader
    lardvader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I waited until VR16 to finish the fighters guild quest because I fancied the prismatic weapon at the highest level.

It was fine for a while, but I think it an be made in another part of the game, not sure how tho.

I'm cleaning up my quest log on some characters and finished FG for getting the maxed out weapon. The one you get is a part of Orgnum's Scales and can be made in the pressure room of the Earth Forge. It's a 8 trait set.

http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Orgnum's+Scales+Set
    CP 1200+ PC EU EP
  • KimberlyannKitsuragi
    I finished the main story at 46. I'm not sure what level I was for the FG or DB. I think MG I was in my late 20's
    Feel free to add me. I'm part of the Gummy Guars PC/Mac NA server. Master crafter and working on getting 9 traits on everything
  • Master_Fluff
    Master_Fluff
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lowest level for Mages Guild was 17. Lowest for main quest was 47. I think it is possible to get the main quest done before lvl 45, if last home alliance story quest is completed. Reason for me saying that is that I saw a level 43 (yes, fortythree) in the second Cadwells silver zone for DC last week.
    Halcyon Black
  • Farmerr
    Farmerr
    ✭✭
    I finished FG and MG back to back from lvls 33-34

It's not possible to do the Main quest before level 45, which is when I did it because I wanted to know how it ends.

If you complete your alliance story line before lvl 45, you can start Cadwell's Silver or Gold, but you cannot complete the main quest. Whatever you do while in the other alliances before receiving the quest from Cadwell will be carried over and logged.

• Chiba_Emi
    Chiba_Emi
    ✭✭
    44 or 46 lvl, I'm not absolutely sure, but it was under 50 anyway.
    May the Three Bless you

Reyvyn Dulni - EP
    Chiba Emi - AD
    Lilith Gilvion - EP
  • carljokl
    carljokl
    ✭✭✭
    I think I was about level 35-40 when completing the Mages Guild and Fighter's Guild quests. I may have been in the upper 30's when I arrived in Coldharbour. I base this on a recollection that I was fighting enemies close to 10 levels higher than I was at the time and thinking my leveling was behind where it should be.

I hit level 50 before finishing Coldharbour. I actually got quite distracted by wanting to look at the new zones once I hit level 50 and they opened up. I went back later to finish Coldharbour and the final Main Quest battle with Molag Bal. I must have been somewhere under CP 100 at that point I would guess.
    My Characters

Xargothius: Breton - JOAT / Magsorc | Orchid the Fair: Orismer - Crafter / Heavy Tank | Voneri Vox: Dunmer - Magplar Healer | Rexorgiana: Imperial - Temptress / Magblade
    Phirkius: Altmer - MagSorc | Rexorigus: Imperial - Med Tank / StamKnight | Sven Svedishchef: Nord - Provisioner / Stamplar | Finds-All-Fungi: Argonian - Alchemist/ Stamblade
    Emerald-Wild-Guard: Bosmer - Wyrd / StamSorc | Nates Datum Festi: Imperial - Light Tank / StamKnight | Magnolia Desert-Blossom: Redguard - 2 Handed Stamplar | Shadow-Softpaw: Khajiit - StamBlade
    Sorcerer | Dragon Knight | Templar | Night Blade
  • KimberlyannKitsuragi
    I know on my newest toon (post one Tamriel) I finished at 16. Pre Tamriel I think it was 47
    Feel free to add me. I'm part of the Gummy Guars PC/Mac NA server. Master crafter and working on getting 9 traits on everything