Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Viking build

TheLegend688
TheLegend688
Soul Shriven
Hello, returning player and completely lost. I would like to make a strong viking like build... Strong can Take damage and also deal it... Also looking for a guild. Thanks for your help!

Note: I did Google search a few times and found nothing to really help.... Or something that was recent.

Best Answers

• Sunburnt_Penguin
    Sunburnt_Penguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

2H sword or axe
    Sword or axe and Shield
    Wrothgar bear helm piece
    You're gonna have to go to ESO fashion for styles as you may have to mix and match if Nord isn't to your liking

Nightblade or DK would be the best race.

Answer ✓
  • Eocosa
    Eocosa
    ✭✭✭
    Id suggest a Nord Dragonknight. You can craft heavy or medium Nord armor for the look and use axes or swords whether or not you want to be single handed and shield, dual wield, or 2 hander is up to you.

Go stamina and you'll mostly use weapon attacks which would probably be the playstyle you are looking for.

Another class consideration may be sorceror as well as your lightning form and attacks like liquid lighting (while not really great for stamina) gives an almost "Thor-like" appearance.

Hope that helps!
    Answer ✓
  • Tormjolnir
    Tormjolnir
    ✭✭
    Volkodav wrote: »
    For your race,use a Nord.They have some good passives.
    Use either a NB or DK class with a two handed sword,or Battle axe. With a dual wield set of single handed axes.
    Since you want to be a viking,you should get the Nord style motif for crafting armor and weapons. This motif isnt expensive,so find a guild store.There are many,and you dont need to join them.They are dotted around like Merchants.
    ** If you use the Nord Race,you dont need to buy the motif,as it comes with the race.

LOL! Good passives? Not hardly and this coming from a guy who plays a Nord as his main anyways. Nords arguably have the worst racial passives in the game if you are trying to min max or unless you are attempting to run a specific build like a health regen build or a mitigation tank. If you want dps type passives I would suggest looking elsewhere. Stamina based weapons fit a viking best so I would suggest Imperial, Orc, or Redgard as your race if you want any kind of dsp boost. An Orc dressed up as a Nord has interesting possibilities :)

Having said that the Nord style look best fits the viking style. Making Nord looking gear will get you smashing stuffs in style :)

Cheers,
    Jeremy (Torunnson)
    Answer ✓
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For your race,use a Nord.They have some good passives.
    Use either a NB or DK class with a two handed sword,or Battle axe. With a dual wield set of single handed axes.
    Since you want to be a viking,you should get the Nord style motif for crafting armor and weapons. This motif isnt expensive,so find a guild store.There are many,and you dont need to join them.They are dotted around like Merchants.
    ** If you use the Nord Race,you dont need to buy the motif,as it comes with the race.
    Edited by Volkodav on May 5, 2016 8:42PM
  • NocturnalGuideMe
    NocturnalGuideMe
    ✭✭✭
    Goodled ESO viking build and saw this. Id like to do this as well

i have a level 28 Nord DK. Obivouly a tank but maybe a hybrid DPS Tank. think Leroy Jenkins.

I was thinking about maybe one hand and shield and then maybe dual wield axes (for RP) or 2H for dishing out some carnage.

i know this is a tough build, more for RP then anything else.
    but i need a break from my main and something with survivabiltiy would be nice.
    Dar'Dek Do'Tenurr
    Khajiiti Stamina Nightblade
    Master Thief, Dark Brotherhood Executioner, Former Dro m'Athra Shade