A thought on why Vampires look the way they do in this game.

TX12001rwb17_ESO
TX12001rwb17_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
A thought occurred to me earlier while I was watching a documentary based upon mythological vampires and how they were depicted as bloated corpses, I began to think about the depiction of Vampires in ESO and I saw some similarities between the 2 and I came to a conclusion.

Vampires in this game look the way they do because they must be based on them, they were the original depiction or one of the earliest that people remeber and the vampires in this game are of the original Vampire Clan, the vampires in ESO also look like bloated corpses at stage 4, they take no damage from sunlight and have no fangs just like these mythological vampires.

The concept of being effected by sunlight came along with Bram Stokers Dracula where he was merely weakened by Sunlight just as the Volkihar Vampires are merely weakened by sunlight, they came after Lamae's Clan and are clearly a "Dracula Style" type of Vampire, so don't complain that the vampires in this game are not true vampires because they lack fangs as the true depiction of a vampire didn't have any either and they as well literally looked dead.
  • Molag_Crow
    Molag_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah I understand what you mean but then when you look at the Lycan, they're depicted as humanoid werewolves so isn't that fitting the mythological looks too? I suppose they wanted to give characters a proper vampire look with the fangs showing, etc but it was probably too much texture work for something that acts as a buff, or I don't know...
    --ϟ-- Crows_Descend - Templar - Ebonheart Pact [PS4]&[PC] [EU] --ϟ--
    YoutTube ESO Playlist
    The greatest prison that people live in, is the fear of what other people think. - David Icke
    Be your true, authentic self.

• Mordiez
    Mordiez
    ✭✭✭
    if you use defensive stance you can be a twilight vampire
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mordiez wrote: »

Lmao. What? xD

Anyway, I was gonna say it was because of skooma addiction. But hey, I suppose what you said would explain it, OP.
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My black panther just became a snow leopard at stage 4 vampire.
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The vampires in this game are supposed to have fangs. They are described by in game books and by npcs as having fangs.

If the books and npcs are talking exclusively about vampires that are not from Lamae's bloodline, I'm unable to tell.

By the way, for them to "literally look dead" they shouldn't have a completely white skin over them, disregarding their skin tone and body marks completely. That's not how a corpse looks like (unless they were already incredibly pale when alive).
    Edited by Abeille on May 3, 2016 5:48PM
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • waterfairy
    waterfairy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's a degenerative disease
    03IPvPL.jpg
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I guess they all need to catch some sun.
  • Mordiez
    Mordiez
    ✭✭✭
    Ch4mpTW wrote: »
    Mordiez wrote: »

Lmao. What? xD

Anyway, I was gonna say it was because of skooma addiction. But hey, I suppose what you said would explain it, OP.

because it lets you sparkle
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Abeille wrote: »
    The vampires in this game are supposed to have fangs. They are described by in game books and by npcs as having fangs.

If the books and npcs are talking exclusively about vampires that are not from Lamae's bloodline, I'm unable to tell.

By the way, for them to "literally look dead" they shouldn't have a completely white skin over them, disregarding their skin tone and body marks completely. That's not how a corpse looks like (unless they were already incredibly pale when alive).
    At stage 4 you look dead.

• Ethromelb14_ESO
    Ethromelb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess they all need to catch some sun.

I see what you did there, buuuut ... you shouldn't have. :/
    Edited by Ethromelb14_ESO on May 3, 2016 7:20PM
    Motto: Make deceivers believers.

Strength of character is not a physical thing. -E
    Walking a mile in someone else's shoes, has nothing to do with the path taken. -E

An accusation of elitism, is an indirect recognition of one's own inferiority. -E

The best way to prove someone wrong, is to do better yourself. -E

I keep forgetting to remember to get a photographic memory.