Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Problem with Craglorn surveys

SueDeNimes
Am I alone in having a problem with the craglorn surveys? They often disappear from my map before I can find them?

I've just lost one. Spent 10 minutes going around in circles trying to find where it was without success. This was hampered by a huge cliff face I couldn't get over which resulted in me having to go to another shrine and come in from the opposite direction.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If ya on PC there are addons that tell ya exactly where they are.
  • raaphor
    raaphor
    ✭✭✭
    SueDeNimes wrote: »
    Am I alone in having a problem with the craglorn surveys? They often disappear from my map before I can find them?

I've just lost one. Spent 10 minutes going around in circles trying to find where it was without success. This was hampered by a huge cliff face I couldn't get over which resulted in me having to go to another shrine and come in from the opposite direction.

Things have changed a bit since the exploit patch. As soon as the node is found (that is being close to the survay site) it will dissapear from the map, before the patch it used to go away after harvesting the first node. I put a marker on my map now before I approach the site so I can find it when the map icon is gone.
    EU/PC - 9 max level characters (DC)
    NA/PC - 2 characters (AD)
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully the Survey will quit disappearing from your Inventory once DB releases. They are supposed to fix that issue then. I even have an addon that shows me where the Surveys are and that marker goes away as I get near, but not in sight of the survey.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    YouTube has videos to help you get to survey locations. They're usually about a minute or less.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tested today that exploit fix. I logged off and back on close to one area that had nodes spawned and the map was deleted. The nodes had vanished, and i lost that one map content. That means if the map has disappeared from inventory you have to go straight to that area and loot it. No turning back, no logging off.

A small side effect is that when you approach a survey area, addons also stop showing it on map because the survey map has already disappeared from inventory. As a workaround Lost Treasure has an option to permanently show the survey map locations.

And remember, Craglorn Clothier 3 and Blacksmith 3 are on Upper Craglorn side.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • medusasfolly
    medusasfolly
    ✭✭✭
    helediron wrote: »
    snip... As a workaround Lost Treasure has an option to permanently show the survey map locations.

OMG where have you been all my ESO life?
  • Zorgon_The_Revenged
    Zorgon_The_Revenged
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There was a woodwork survey in Craglorn that sometimes despawned before I'd got to the 3rd node.

Other than that, no problems.