Most optimal race for Blazing Shield Templar tank (mainly pvp)?

Wrecking_Blow_Spam
Wrecking_Blow_Spam
✭✭✭✭✭
Wanting to create one, is nord viable with its extra damage mitigation? Was looking at the High health, mag regen kind of build.

Also what do you reckon is the best armour sets for this type of build? Thanks.
Xbox one EU
8 Flawless conquerors on all class specs (4 stam, 4 magicka)
Doesn't stand in red
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the only massive difference you'll notice from race are the ones which grant X% more health as you'll most likely be stacking health as high as you can to empower the shield.

That being said I am not an expert on Templar's I am afraid. I do believe that unless you're going for pure "best" and want those extra little buffs here and there then this build should be viable with any race. Amour wise I would imagine light or heavy amour, after the next update heavy will be a little more viable.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Options
  • bigereard
    bigereard
    ✭✭
    This my current build (nord), 55k health (more with horn), depends on situation can reach 9k health regen and 15k blazing shield critical:

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/2938372/#Comment_2938372

However it doesn't have magicka regen, I use spell symmetry for magicka (surprisingly good and getting better with DB patch).

Options
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Imperial
    Edited by Wreuntzylla on May 3, 2016 5:34PM
    Options
  • Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @bigereard thanks for info. Will refer back to it.
    Xbox one EU
    Doesn't stand in red
    Options
  • artal
    artal
    ✭✭✭
    I would say imperial or argonian
    Options
  • The_Legendary_Arya
    Im running Imperial :)
    Options
  • AfkNinja
    AfkNinja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imperial or Nord. Nord's can stack mitigation pretty friggen high.
    Options
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would say imperial for group play, nord for solo. Reason is imperials when in a group setting with a healer can afford to not worry about other stats, pushing 70k health. Nords on the other hand, you build for less health, stack health regen as well and you can push 55k health with 7k health regen. That means you have a shield that will hit hard still, but you have a TON of survivability. Block a bit, and not much can get through your shield, health regen AND blocking when shield goes down...not much at all
    Options
  • Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Baconlad thanks for info... I went nord, it's lvl 15 atm. What sets would you recommend? Also 7 heavy? Mainly pvp orientated. Thanks
    Xbox one EU
    Doesn't stand in red
    Options
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hah...well blazing shield tanking is...not a "one build for all" kinda deal....i personally run permafrost, orgnums scales, and endurance. I have another blazing shield build not focused on health regen, that is seducers, two different monster +health pieces, endurance. There are SOOO many routes you can take. I like to build to strengths...i also like to brag about max stats no one ever sees, like 7k health regen...which is so OP its sinful. But when I jump into a full raid smacking blazing shield...i go down a lot faster than with some of the other builds out there. So research different builds to fit your playstyle
    Options