Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Malachite Shard Drops

llSRRll
llSRRll
✭✭✭
Did they stop giving Malachite shards in chests? Ive gotten quit a bit of chests lately and have not gotten one Malachite shard from them. Anyone know if they stopped giving them in chests or did they just change the drop rate and I'm just getting unlucky?
  • cjhhickman39
    cjhhickman39
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same here had a set run that would get me a shard or two every other day but it's been a dry hole for awhile now
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have picked up Shards recently from chests, but not as often as I used to get them. Now, a couple of weeks ago, I was getting one in almost every chest in the higher level zones (Zone 3 and better). So, perhaps some of us are just on the thin part of the RNG Curve.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me they drop regularly in Wrothgar. Today two, yesterday one.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • FerrumnCutem
    FerrumnCutem
    ✭✭✭✭
    Keep getting them ALL THE TIME. Maybe because I'm finding more and more harder chests like advanced and master. Before a month ago I had found 1 master chest in my whole 2 year playthrough. But now I find one or maybe two everyday. Did zos up the chances for finding these?
  • xilfxlegion
    xilfxlegion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i wish i knew someone needed them. i sell them to the nearest merchant
  • Kensei_ESO
    Kensei_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I still get them all the time. Most of the chests I open are in IC.
  • xilfxlegion
    xilfxlegion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    op --- are you on the na servers ?

if so, send a message to me xbox live --- when i get shards i will send them to you. i also have a few maps if you want them -- i dont bother with them so you can have them .

• Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I still get them, but they don't seem to drop as often. A reasonable explanation would chalk this up to RNG. A nefarious explanation is that drop rates were stealth nerfed to promote sales of Mimic stones. Pick your poison. >:)

464988a-i1.0.jpg

th?&id=OIP.M80a91a3611045b3470badda2e8ed854do0&w=292&h=300&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0&r=0
    Edited by Ourorboros on May 13, 2016 8:20PM
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • llSRRll
    llSRRll
    ✭✭✭
    I did get a few this past week so maybe I was just getting a dry spell. I'm on PS4 NA so if anyone wants to rid themselves of these my psn is llSRRll ( four lower case L's) just shoot me a message and we can work something out. Thx for the reply's everyone I appreciate the info.
  • Jazbay_Grape
    Jazbay_Grape
    ✭✭✭✭
    I used to get a lot of these too, but it's been a lot less frequent lately.
  • C0wrex
    C0wrex
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got four malachite shards from opening random chests a few days back. Got enough to make two malachite now :)

Who knows... I must have used up all my luck now :open_mouth:
    "We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will, to strive, to seek and not to yield."

-Tennyson, Ulysses