Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

300% damage absorb from healing ward is way too OP

Avenias
Avenias
✭✭✭✭
Compare that with every other shield, DKs shield, templars shield, none of them can come anywhere close to the amount of damage this shield can absorb. It also heals you with this 300% extra absorb! There needs to be a massive tuning of this skill to be on par with other class shields.
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, best healing comes from staff.... and it should, all classes have access
    Options
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gotta admit, I have never heard people complain about this skill before.

Things to keep in mind:
    • Healing Ward is only effective when you have low health.
    • Has a pretty high magicka cost.
    • Creates a minor heal to the point where you will never spam it for the heal itself. This heal only becomes very large if the 8 second duration goes by without the shield it spawns being touched much.
    • The shield strength is absolutely terrible if at cast at full health. You need to be close to death to gain a strong shield.

Also, way not to mention Hardened Ward, Barrier, Bone Shield.... These provide similar or greater shields than Healing Ward, which is situational. Please, don't push to have a great skill which isn't OP nerfed.
    Edited by Vaoh on May 2, 2016 2:21AM
    Options
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The shield strength is pretty ridiculous. I cast this in combination with rapid regen and my magicka Nightblade is at full health. I would honestly increase the shield's initial strength while reducing its potential strength. If the potential was 2/3 what it is now, I think it would be more than efficient. Or a better idea, how about making damage shields crit-able that way it'll have the same effect in PvP whine not interfering with it in PvE.
    Options
  • zuto40
    zuto40
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if someone is unable to burst down a shield or does not have some form of a stunning ability on their bar i can see why someone would think its op, but it really isnt, just cc someone with it at half then burn them, trying to kill someone at 1% health with this is foolish
    Stamblade- Legate
    Tank/Heals Templar- Sergeant
    Magic DK- Corporal
    Stam DK- Sergeant
    Stamplar- Corporal

YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy8uqORxhlrMh8oz2230s9g
    Options
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Avenias wrote: »
    Compare that with every other shield, DKs shield, templars shield, none of them can come anywhere close to the amount of damage this shield can absorb. It also heals you with this 300% extra absorb! There needs to be a massive tuning of this skill to be on par with other class shields.

I don't disagree, but why are you comparing a weapon skill to class skills? Healing Ward may be better than a templar ward but templars can use Healing Ward if they want. Healing Ward might also be better than the sorc ward in the next patch too. What has always balanced out healing ward up to now is the 6 second duration; it was used more as a burst heal that you had to wait 6s for. I get the impression it was created as a counter to executes (which is legit imo). But now all wards have the 6s duration healing ward is looking good by comparison. It still has to be used at low health to be worth using though, this should be considered when evaluating its strength. I wouldn't say it was way too op, but it might looking at. A good place to start would be its cost, it's probably not expensive enough, too easy to spam.
    PC | EU
    Options
  • LazyLewis
    LazyLewis
    ✭✭✭✭
    All classes have access shield lasts a few seconds. It's 150% #battlespirit. If it's destroyed which it can be quickly they get no heal. Not OP
    DC - Chunky Nurse - Chunky Ninja - Chunky Dragon - Fabulously Chunky
    AD - Chunky Nurse - Ashenn - Yorkshire Pudding
    Options
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baconlad wrote: »
    No, best healing comes from staff.... and it should, all classes have access

quoted for emphasis
    Edited by Rune_Relic on May 2, 2016 1:14PM
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
    Options
  • myrrrorb14_ESO
    myrrrorb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol, that's pretty crazy. Never heard of anyone complaining about this. It's an emergency heal and pretty effective when used at low health. At high health it's pretty useless as a shield in PvP.
    Options
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The shield strength is pretty ridiculous. I cast this in combination with rapid regen and my magicka Nightblade is at full health. I would honestly increase the shield's initial strength while reducing its potential strength. If the potential was 2/3 what it is now, I think it would be more than efficient. Or a better idea, how about making damage shields crit-able that way it'll have the same effect in PvP whine not interfering with it in PvE.

You left out the part where you used Cloak to protect your bubble until it popped. Cloak is OP, not Healing Ward.

#CAREBEARMASTERRACE
    Options
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

You left out the part where you used Cloak to protect your bubble until it popped. Cloak is OP, not Healing Ward.

That's because I didn't use cloak. With those two in conjunction you don't need it. Also cloak is not OP, it's garbage. I don't even use it on my stamblade
    Options
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have made me want to retire from forum posting as the most ridiculous forum post... Possibly ever. Sigh.............
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
    Options
  • myrrrorb14_ESO
    myrrrorb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well it's supposed to heal you. That's kind of the point of using healing ward. Add rapid regen to that and you just received the full benefit of being a healer.

So in other words, working as intended.
    Options
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Edited by Lokey0024 on May 2, 2016 2:53PM
    Options
  • Avenias
    Avenias
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS should make all shields consistent with the damage it absorbs, but keep the variation. The 300% damage absorb is just too much mitigation and on top of that ur getting heals. So a sorc or a nightblade, especially magicka nightblade just has to pop one and vanish then pop back with full hp. Healing ward makes other shields look like a joke atm.
    Options
  • oibam
    oibam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you have to equip a resto staff
    you get the shield not for 100% (if someone with lower hp is in range)
    you can wear shield breaker
    you can stun to prevent casting healing ward

no reason for a nerf. lol
    Options
  • Avenias
    Avenias
    ✭✭✭✭
    oibam wrote: »
    you have to equip a resto staff
    you get the shield not for 100% (if someone with lower hp is in range)
    you can wear shield breaker
    you can stun to prevent casting healing ward

no reason for a nerf. lol

Stun can be broken instantly and it uses stamina. Stun cant be spammed. Shield uses magicka and can be spammed till the end of resource. Its not just insanely op, it makes other shields look bad in comparison.
    Options
  • brandishsteel
    brandishsteel
    ✭✭✭

That's because I didn't use cloak. With those two in conjunction you don't need it. Also cloak is not OP, it's garbage. I don't even use it on my stamblade

lol your logic is
    jesus beam is not op at all when cast on low health target I don't even use it on my stam templar
    Edited by brandishsteel on May 3, 2016 10:29AM
    Marco Hacker - the best mageblade in the game
    Options
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Really?

Healing Ward won't even get very big unless the person is at 1% health.

Healing Ward already has its value cut in half in PVP, buts its cost was not reduce in conjunction, your also forced to use a resto staff instead of another weapon. There are clear disadvantages especially for classes that are not Sorc's to use it....a timed hard CC and burst is all thats needed to end most people with sheilds.

Just wait till next update when everyone is stacking dodge chance + dodge roll, and stamina has just as much OP sheilds as folks have been complaining about magic users...this will be relaly good..magic users never had the ability to roll, roll, roll with those shields but stam builds will...can't wait to hear the QQ over that one...
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

Options
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really?

Healing Ward won't even get very big unless the person is at 1% health.

Healing Ward already has its value cut in half in PVP, buts its cost was not reduce in conjunction, your also forced to use a resto staff instead of another weapon. There are clear disadvantages especially for classes that are not Sorc's to use it....a timed hard CC and burst is all thats needed to end most people with sheilds.

Just wait till next update when everyone is stacking dodge chance + dodge roll, and stamina has just as much OP sheilds as folks have been complaining about magic users...this will be relaly good..magic users never had the ability to roll, roll, roll with those shields but stam builds will...can't wait to hear the QQ over that one...

Its going to be even more endless battles
    Options
  • vortexman11
    vortexman11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure you're confused as to what the 300% is referring to.... Healing ward has a base size based which is then increased by up to 300% based on your missing health, reduced to 150% in Cyrodiil. You're rarely ever going to see a healing ward bigger than 15k in PvP

The way Im reading it, its sounding like you think it gives 300% damage mitigation?
    Guild of Shadows ~Elite~
    Învictus ~Council~

EP | Vortexman | Dunmer DragonKnight | LvL 50 | Rank 50 | Former Emperor of Haderus & Chillrend |
    EP | Phobos | Altmer Nightblade | LvL 50 | Rank 26 |
    EP | Cheezus Sliced | Argonian Templar | LvL 50 | Rank 30 |
    EP | Eterno Tempesta | Altmer Sorcerer | LvL 50 | Rank 33 |
    DC | Vortexman | Dunmer DragonKnight | LvL 50 | Rank 12 |
    DC | Divine Storm | Altmer Sorcerer | LvL 50 | Rank 04 |
    EP | Pocket Vortex | Bosmer Templar | LvL 50 | Rank 24 |
    EP | Vortexman | Redguard DragonKnight | LvL 50 | Rank 28 |
    EP | Fungal Growth | Argonian Warden | LvL 50 | Rank 26 |
    EP | Eternal Guardian | Bosmer Warden | LvL 50 | Rank 13 |
    and a few other random toons

Teaching by example > https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/5479085#Comment_5479085
    Options
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Doncellius - and pair that with the vampire passive that makes you harder to kill when at low health and the build is pretty op..

I do agree that the skill is available to all,
    but not really to stamina builds.. lol..........
    Edited by Johngo0036 on May 6, 2016 8:02AM
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

Options
  • 1Grumpy_dunmer1
    Johngo0036 wrote: »
    @Doncellius - and pair that with the vampire passive that makes you harder to kill when at low health and the build is pretty op..

Stam builds have vigor+dodge roll+shuffle... Very effective and bone shield on next patch aswell im expecting similar results.
    XxbothbarrelsxX ps4 NA
    Magicka nightblade vr16 EP
    Magicka dragonknight vr16 EP
    Options
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Johngo0036 wrote: »

I really don't want to sound like a jerk but.... there's this thing called balance...

On Stamina builds, my survivability comes from Vigor+Rally(Sometimes)+Major Mending. I dodge roll a ton and 20% of all attacks will literally miss me because of Shuffle. I can dodge roll, CC break, and block whenever I want to. Focus on damage avoidance. This is insanely effective, especially come Dark Brotherhood when Stamina gets massive buffs.

On Magicka builds, my survivability is made up of spamming Healing Ward/Harness Magicka(Sometimes)/specific Class abilities. Hardened Ward/Strife+Rapid Regen/BoL/Burning Embers.... etc. I can barely CC break, dodge roll, or block though. Focus on face-tanking damage. Roots in PvP can forcibly hold most Magicka builds since dodge rolling more than twice is usually a death sentence. Without Healing Ward, Magicka wouldn't only get a big nerf, but it'd be largely unnecessary as well.

Remember that Shield Strength gets -50% in Cyrodiil as well.
    Edited by Vaoh on May 6, 2016 2:31PM
    Options