The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Some New Features I'd Like to See in Character Creation

WuffyCerulei
WuffyCerulei
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
As far as mmos go, ESO has decent character creation features, like body size, shape, height, etc. However there, are a few things I'd like to see added:
•More hairstyles for each race. I love the variety ESO has, but unique hairstyles for each race would be nice.
•Seperation of facial hair and jewelry
•More war paint colors!! Been wanting that since beta!
•Better man buns. Who said men can't have nice round bums

If there's something you want to see added or fixed on the character creation, let me know!
For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with all! And I will add...

- More hair colors, especially the ones available for npcs but not for us (black for Altmer and Nord, red for Khajiit and Imperial, white for Bosmer).
    - Control over the color of the make up, accessories and war paint.
    - Separation of war paint, make up and scars.
    - Separation between different types of accessories (I would like my Bosmer to be able to use an accessory but keep her antlers).
    - More sliders, like for horizontal mouth size and eyebrow angle.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • makeyurself
    makeyurself
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a simple guy, I would love for dark/black hair option for Altmers. Also hopefully we'll see new NPCs hair style.
    Xbox NA:
    • Soren Hawkheart- Breton Spellsword (DC) Sorcerer
    • Kaenan- Imperial Paladin (EP) Templar
    • Revan- Dunmer Vampire Inferno Mage (EP) Dragonknight
    • Faerandil- Altmer Sage (AD) Templar
    • Aureyna- Altmer Arcane Warrior (AD) Sorcerer
    • Aurthalion- Altme Battle Mage (AD) Sorcerer
    • Dahlek- Argonian Shadowmage/Shadowscale (AD) Nightblade
    • Callion- Breton Thief & Assassin (AD) Nightblade
    • Eldaran- Lore-breaking half-elf Elementalist, not of Nirn (DC) Dragonknight
    • Quenandir- Altmer Ranger (AD) Nighblade
    • Saelif- Breton/Altmer MG Adept (AD) Templar

• Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a simple guy, I would love for dark/black hair option for Altmers. Also hopefully we'll see new NPCs hair style.

That puts you on my list of "forum users that I love".
    Edited by Abeille on April 30, 2016 11:27PM
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Taisynn
    Taisynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like the ability to go shorter if I wanted to. I'd even buy it. I'm a female bosmer but every time I see a male bosmer shorter than me, I hate it.

Please provide midget options!

(I'd also like some NPC hairstyles! And better makeup!)
    PC - @Taisynn - NA - CP 268
    Shizuko url=https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CvZa0PPdzAfUv9h_rd8J2vwc1B4NnZGkPL_n4WfgYfs/edit?usp=sharing"]RP Profile[/url - Bosmer - LVL50 - Nightblade 50 Provisioning, 50 Woodworking, 50 Clothing, 50 Alchemy Ebonhart Pact
    Nev'e - Bosmer - LVL 18 - Templar 50 Enchanting Ebonhart Pact

Proud Member of the Guilds:
    Rusty Old Dragons (Trade) | Children of Skyrim (RP/EP) | Goldleaf Acquisitions (RP/EP)
    Spicy Economics (Trade) | The Jackals (RP/EP)
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Count me in for "structural" options! Allowing people to pay for exceeding the limits of some sliders might make for interesting options...

Sarcastic Midget Breton Nobles with a love for old wine and young women!
    Imperial Wenches with Melon-sized Mammaries causing cart accidents in every city they pass through!
    Giant (well, not giant-giants, but "titanborn" giantism for player characters...) Nord Barbarians!
    Over-muscled and purple-trousered Orsimer continously mentioning how you wouldn't like them if they got angry!

Of course, I would also really want to see cross-racial skin/hair/eye color options as purchasable unlock. Dark haired Altmer. Dark Skinned Nords. Or any other combination people can think lf, really...

New hairstyles and such, I consider pretty much a given. They would be fools not to sell such once the character recustomization options goe slive...

Seperation of some selections... like... both adornments and beards, jewlery and bosmer antlers, etc. That would be very nifty, not sure if the system can be redone to manage it, but it would be neat if they managed. But if not... I will underatand and take what I can get.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suggested this a while ago...

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/155307/monetization-of-character-creation-concept/p1
    Gidorick wrote: »
    Since ESO is going to depend on Crown Shop Sales to sustain its development there are some Character Creation additions that would enable ZOS to make a good deal of money. I suggest they sell packs as well as a-la-carte items to add to the characters creation variety in ESO
    • Advanced Khajiit Pack
    • Advanced Argonian Pack
    • Advanced Heights Pack
    • A-la-carte choices
    The following concept uses some of the concepts I outlined in both the Khajiit and Argonian update concepts.
    Khajiit Update Concept: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/141710/suggestions-for-an-eventual-khajiit-centric-update/p1
    Argonian Update Concept: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/147221/concept-for-a-future-argonian-centric-update

These packs would require the addition of new sliders to Khajiit and Argonian character creation. It would also include a widened range on many other sliders for all races. If a slider, or portion of a slider, has not been purchased by the player it should be grayed out. A player should be able to preview parts of the sliders not yet purchased but when they move to a different slider, the previous slider’s selection defaults back to an available selection on the slider.
    1QNf3dM.jpg?1

Players should be allowed to purchase these packs directly from the character creation screen with their crowns. These mechanics would create a sort of ‘check-out-line’ environment where a player making a character can be enticed to make a purchase right then and there because they really want their Khajiit to have that feature or their Nord to have that hairstyle.

Advanced Khajiit Pack
    This pack would include additional sliders for Khajiit characters only available to those who purchased this pack.
    • Digitigrade or Plantigrade feet selector: Digitigrade feet would ‘hide’ any footware.
    • Tail length slider: Allows players to have shorter tails all the way to no tail at all.
    • Snout Slider: Allows players to have a shorter snout all the way to no snout at all (like the face of Men & Mer)
    • Tail adornment: Allows players to add adornments to their tails, from tufts of fur on the end to piercings to large rings that go all the way around the tail. This pack should include a small selection for the player.
    • Ear Placement Slider: Allows Players to move a Khajiit’s ears down the skull all the way to the side of their head (like the ears of Men & Mer)
    • More fur/skin options: Allows players to choose skins with very little fur to skins with no fur at all.

Here is a chart of the types of Khajiit that could be created made by @Robo_Hobo and tweaked slightly by me. :wink:
    jsvIUvI.jpg?1

Advanced Argonian Pack
    This pack would include additional sliders for Argonian characters only available to those who purchased this pack.
    • Digitigrade or Plantigrade feet selector: Digitigrade feet would ‘hide’ any footware.
    • Tail length slider: Allows players to have shorter tails all the way to no tail at all.
    • Snout Slider: Allows players to have a shorter snout all the way to no snout at all (like the face of Men & Mer)
    • Tail adornment: Allows players to add adornments to their tails, from spikes to piercings to large rings that go all the way around the tail. This pack should include a small selection for the player.
    • Tail Type slider: Allows players to choose between different types of tails, from smooth wispy tails to flat tadpole-like tails to thick crocodile type tails.
    • More scale options: Allows players to choose a wider variety of scale patterns.
    Argonian_Faces.jpg

Advanced Heights Pack
    Additional Height options for most races. This should be a one-time purchase for players that includes all height additions.
    Current race height range: (===)
    Additional slider range: (---)
    um7CAYk.jpg?1

A-la-carte choices
    Each of the following types of additions should be able to be purchased one at a time.
    • Body Markings
    • Hair Style
    • Adornment
    • Head Marking
    • Tail Adornments (for Khajiit and Argonian)
    Having these types of additional options would set up a system that could earn ZOS quite a bit of money and could later be grown into a robust barber shop where body markings, hair styles, adornments, head markings, and tail adornments could be changed by a player paying in game gold or by buying Barbet Shop tokens in the Crown store. If the Barber Shop token is the method of choice, the purchase of any of these packs or individual items should also include one token.

Thoughts?

In addition to that I would LOVE to see additional slots that separate all the adornments... we should be able have many of the different types of adornments together on one character.

I'm hopeful that we will see this in the future with the barbershop.

Edited by Gidorick on May 1, 2016 6:34PM
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!