Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Craglorn Quests - Please fix them!

jrgray93
jrgray93
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Why is this still group content? Hasn't it been out for two years or something? Since the day it was released, everyone has complained that they can't find groups to do the quests. It is now at the point that I can solo all of the content. I can kill bosses and clear dungeons alone. It's more challenging than other content, which makes it fun. The problem is that quests require multiple people for their mechanics. I actually can't progress because I have to hold down three pressure plates.

Nobody is doing these quests because it's not even worth bothering to try to find people on the same stages of questing. Nobody has patience for group questing. I can't even tell you what happened in most dungeon quests because it's impossible to find a group patient enough to let you listen to the dialogue. I want to enjoy these quests and not rush through them with a group.

Please, FFS, let us enjoy the content you worked so hard to make. Make Craglorn quests not require multiple people. Keep it hard. Just make it accessible.
EP: Slania Isara : Harambe Was an Inside Job
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    22 zones can be fully soloed (15 faction areas, 5 starter areas, Coldharbour and Cyrodiil)

2 zones can be mostly or fully soloed if you're good enough to take on the world bosses alone (Wrothgar and Hew's Bane).

1 (that's ONE) zone has some quests that require a group. And you want to make it like the other 24, and change it for everyone regardless of how they feel about the issue? Why? If you want to do the quests, it's easy enough to join a guild and ask around. It's a social game, try making some in-game buddies who'll help you out in these situations.

Please consider this game isn't your personal playground. Different people have different tastes. Changing it to cater to you exclusively is extremely selfish.
  • jrgray93
    jrgray93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've spent hours looking for people to do the quests with. No luck.

But what does it matter if the quest mechanic can be done alone? Like I said, keep the difficulty. That keeps you having to group with people if you can't solo it. Altering the quest mechanic so I don't need a group to progress does nothing to change your experience of doing it as a group.

Now I remember why I stopped using the forums. Shortsighted replies such as that are all too common. "Don't improve the game for more people because I was able to do it." It's a good thing ZOS didn't listen to these folks and instead decided to include optional things like damage numbers, name plates, and chat bubbles. Also take note that none of those features changed the experience of those who chose not too use them, despite being staunchly opposed whenever it was discussed.

I see absolutely no reason a quest should be actually impossible without three players just to stand on plates. It adds nothing to the experience. It's just preventing people from enjoying the quests. Most of us aren't fortunate enough to find people who are on the exact same quest.
    Edited by jrgray93 on April 30, 2016 9:49PM
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    daemonios wrote: »
    22 zones can be fully soloed (15 faction areas, 5 starter areas, Coldharbour and Cyrodiil)

2 zones can be mostly or fully soloed if you're good enough to take on the world bosses alone (Wrothgar and Hew's Bane).

1 (that's ONE) zone has some quests that require a group. And you want to make it like the other 24, and change it for everyone regardless of how they feel about the issue? Why? If you want to do the quests, it's easy enough to join a guild and ask around. It's a social game, try making some in-game buddies who'll help you out in these situations.

Please consider this game isn't your personal playground. Different people have different tastes. Changing it to cater to you exclusively is extremely selfish.

It's a social game... When there's NO ONE OUT THERE!! I run into maybe 3 people every day, it's usually the same ones all farming.
  • johu31
    johu31
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nerf the door mechanics!!
  • Svalinn
    Svalinn
    ✭✭✭
    i think the problem is that everyone in the group must have the need of doing the same quest.. people are kind of selfish by nature.. if you need one quest that someone else have already done well... it'll be difficult tocreate a party.

The best option is to find other 3 guildmates that didn't do one single craglorn quest and just decide to create a "craglorn party" with the rule that you're going to do the whole map togheter and noone will go do it on their own.

Kind of sad tho i got to admit
  • imnotanother
    imnotanother
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which platform do you play? I am on ps4 and am currently questing craglorn but having a similar problem.
    PS4: NA - AD PSN: imnotanother (Artell Lyeselle)
    Stamina NightBlade 810+ CP - PvP/Trials/Dungeon Ready
  • jrgray93
    jrgray93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm on PC, sorry.
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The Craglorn struggle is real but honestly you only need a groups for 5 or so quests in Craglorn with the rest being a decent challenge to solo.

5 group quests will not break the game.
    Argonian forever
  • ChildOfLight
    ChildOfLight
    ✭✭✭
    Are you on eu or na? I'd like to start questing in Craglorn but have the exact same problem. Add me if you are Eu
    Edited by ChildOfLight on May 1, 2016 12:34AM
    PC EU

Ross Campano - Imperial Dragonknight - Tanks and steals stuff from barrels
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pressure plates are a lame mechanic that never should have been implemented in the first place. Every game I've known that had lockouts like this has gone back to "fix" them later. The only "lockout" that content should ever have is the actual difficulty. If it can be soloed and the intention is that it should not be soloed, then the problem lies with the content itself. Applying pressure plates to force grouping in content that doesn't require it is a bandaid fix to a made up problem that the developers have with the content and only serves to frustrate players.
  • WldKarde
    WldKarde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't be surprised if ZOS makes changes to Craglorn before the end of the year.

Contrary to popular opinion on these forums, they actually do listen. Things just take time to be put into place...I give you veteran rank removal as an example. ;)

What will those changes be...

I have no idea, but my money is on there being changes to Craglorn before the year is done.
    PC NA
    Characters formally known as Veteran 16:
    Wldkarde, Sir WldKarde , Lil-Miss WldKarde,
    Dame WldKarde Stamplar "Master Angler" "Main" ,
    Shady WldKarde, WldKarde"s Bacon, Jaded WldKarde,
    River Wldkarde
    18 Master Anglers so far
    "Dames and Sirs, take my advice, pull down your pants...and slide on the ice!" Slightly adjusted quote of Dr. Sidney Friedman from M*A*S*H
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    After the pressure plate quest there is a flip-switches-simultaneously quest. I'm stuck there.

I have tons of people willing to drop everything and steamroll the entire zone, but it's not current content and I really hate to drag them into several hours of questing, in which all they get is my brilliant insight into the workings of the univ..... hmm, that's enough reward, maybe I will drag some out.
  • agwm_2014
    agwm_2014
    ✭✭
    Hi, on PS4 EU I have a v11 DC healer and a v11 EP needing to complete Craglorn too.
    You can msg me on psn at agwm_2014 to group up.
  • khele23eb17_ESO
    khele23eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    daemonios wrote: »

Hes not asking for a zone with challenging group content and top tier rewards to be made soloable. Hes asking to have forced grouping removed from outdated, otherwise soloable content with crap rewards.

The zone should either be made difficult enough to be considered group content and be re-itemized accordingly (including XP rewards) or rebalanced as solo content. In either case forced grouping has no reason to be there.

Edited by khele23eb17_ESO on May 1, 2016 10:34AM
    P2P offered you 'hell yeah!' moments. F2P offers you 'thank god its over' moments.