The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Research ?

SkoomaAddict420
SkoomaAddict420
✭✭✭
How do I now what I can research to open traits? What should I look for when I buy off guild stores?
  • AntMan100673
    AntMan100673
    ✭✭✭
    Do you mean in general? In which case you're looking for ones that have 'sturdy', 'infused' etc as part of the description.

Or do you mean how do you know which you've already researched and which you need to research? In which case if you're on PC I'm sure there's probably an add on that'll tell you, if you're on console I don't think there is anything (I don't remember ever seeing anything anyway). I went old school and used pen and paper to keep a track of what traits I've researched.

If you join an established guild you'll probably find there's at least one crafter who can make you research items as you need them, either for free or they'll just need the materials
    EU - EP - Dunmer - Dragonknight - Magicka DPS - CP160

GT: AntMan100673
  • Aleraon
    Aleraon
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are various addons you can get from esoui.com that can help with that. I think one called research assistant might be useful but it's been a while since I used them. Most important traits to get researched are divines on all gear pieces, infused on head, chest, and legs, then all the other traits. Weapons you'll want to research precise and sharpened, Nirnhoned if you can afford it, then other traits.
    (EU/AD) CP501 Razum-dah - Khajiiti Templar Healer
    (EU/AD) CP501 J'Kara Silverclaw - Khajiiti Dragonknight tank
    (EU/AD) CP501 Rajhiin - Khajiiti stamina Nightblade
    (EU/AD) CP501 Draven Corvillian - Breton magicka Nightblade
    (EU/AD) CP501 Sinderian Nightflame - High Elf magicka sorcerer
    (EU/AD) CP501 J'zargo Silverclaw - Khajiit stamina Templar
    (EU/AD) CP501 Ariella Nightshade - High Elf Magicka Nightblade
    (EU/AD) CP501 Ri'shada - Khajiit Stamina Sorcerer
    (EU/AD) LVL29 Valeon Indoril - Dark Elf Magicka Dragonknight
    *The Queen stole this one's moonsugar candies lol*
  • SkoomaAddict420
    SkoomaAddict420