The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Sorc shield nerf

Hospitler
Hospitler
✭✭
Why do we continue to nerf Sorc ? You have nerfed harden ward so that it does not cover the life bar like it use and the sorcs life is already low compared to a DK who can shield stack like no tomorrow and now you are talking about making it only last for 7 seconds. Heck you messed up Mage light with this cast and it goes away as fast as you cast it. Do you just want people to not play the Sorc ?
  • Rakkul
    Rakkul
    ✭✭✭
    Can you also make a new "Maintenance on Friday Night" post, as there's not enough of those either.... :D
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hospitler wrote: »
    Why do we continue to nerf Sorc ? You have nerfed harden ward so that it does not cover the life bar like it use and the sorcs life is already low compared to a DK who can shield stack like no tomorrow and now you are talking about making it only last for 7 seconds. Heck you messed up Mage light with this cast and it goes away as fast as you cast it. Do you just want people to not play the Sorc ?

Just to confirm... Your a sorc complaining about dk shield stacking...?

Btw go and read the patch notes for magelight and then go and read the magelight tooltip, you don't need to cast it to cast the spell crit, magicka and regen, the only things casting it does is reveal stealthed enemies around you.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Hospitler
    Hospitler
    ✭✭
    No I am a Sorc complaining about nerfing sorcs shields and abilities. A Sorc has low life already and if you nerf the shield because people cry who probably don't even put enough to time in the game to build their character right that's asinine . You have made hardened ward 1/3 what it was and then Mage light nerfed and now taking the time the shields last down. How can you nerf this and allow DK to shield stack? Or Templars to heal in combat. The Sorc has less life and wears light armor, all we have is shields and now your taking this away. My question is why!!? If you continue to nerf sorcs you may as well take them out of the game.
  • Hospitler
    Hospitler
    ✭✭
    Oh and by the way on he Mage light it last like 7 seconds and I have read it and it is stupid. You have to constantly cast it while a nightblade can stay stealth almost constantly so as you're casting it and running low on magic you have to watch out for the night blade cause your shield only last for 7 seconds too. This is stupid.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No I am a Sorc complaining about nerfing sorcs shields and abilities. A Sorc has low life already and if you nerf the shield because people cry who probably don't even put enough to time in the game to build their character right that's asinine . You have made hardened ward 1/3 what it was and then Mage light nerfed and now taking the time the shields last down. How can you nerf this and allow DK to shield stack? Or Templars to heal in combat. The Sorc has less life and wears light armor, all we have is shields and now your taking this away. My question is why!!? If you continue to nerf sorcs you may as well take them out of the game.

Right, this is going to be long as it's kind of obvious you only play sorc and are rather... 'new'.

1. A sorc does not have lower life than any other class, sure there are some classes which have passives which increase their hp but it's not exactly game breaking, your sorc has lower life because you built it that way.

2. I've put a lot of time into the game, i've got 4 v16 characters who are all pvp rank 20 at least including a sorc and even i know sorc shields are too strong. The 6s duration won't affect you in pvp because it won't last 6s with the dmg anyway.

3. Mage light was buffed, you only need it on 1 bar, don't spam the skill when your not in combat. Bring nb's out of cloak either using aoe or when you know there in magelight range, on a sorc your curse will stop their cloak, your streak etc...

4. Again with the dk shield stacking, they don't shield stack, SORC is the class that shields stacks your either confused or don't know what shield stacking means, if your so confident they do then explain to me how.

5. Any magicka user wears light armour, my dk uses light armour but i've built him to where he is around 32k spell resist and 26k physical resist, it's all about build and knowing mechanics.

6. Shields weren't nerfed in pve, they were by 50% in pvp a while ago. 50% doesn't make then 1/3 of what they used to be, if your going to attempt to bring up a point make sure the facts are right and not just obviously lie.
    PS4 EU DC

• brandishsteel
    brandishsteel
    ✭✭✭

Right, this is going to be long as it's kind of obvious you only play sorc and are rather... 'new'.

1. A sorc does not have lower life than any other class, sure there are some classes which have passives which increase their hp but it's not exactly game breaking, your sorc has lower life because you built it that way.

2. I've put a lot of time into the game, i've got 4 v16 characters who are all pvp rank 20 at least including a sorc and even i know sorc shields are too strong. The 6s duration won't affect you in pvp because it won't last 6s with the dmg anyway.

3. Mage light was buffed, you only need it on 1 bar, don't spam the skill when your not in combat. Bring nb's out of cloak either using aoe or when you know there in magelight range, on a sorc your curse will stop their cloak, your streak etc...

4. Again with the dk shield stacking, they don't shield stack, SORC is the class that shields stacks your either confused or don't know what shield stacking means, if your so confident they do then explain to me how.

5. Any magicka user wears light armour, my dk uses light armour but i've built him to where he is around 32k spell resist and 26k physical resist, it's all about build and knowing mechanics.

6. Shields weren't nerfed in pve, they were by 50% in pvp a while ago. 50% doesn't make then 1/3 of what they used to be, if your going to attempt to bring up a point make sure the facts are right and not just obviously lie.

If u just say L2P, it will save your time for typing
    Marco Hacker - the best mageblade in the game
  • Hospitler
    Hospitler
    ✭✭
    One DK do shield stack and if you play PVP you would know this. You may want to recheck yourself before you answer something you are not capable of.
  • NativeJoe
    NativeJoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doesn't change this simple fact: Sorcs had shields as their damage mitigation technique.

Now EVERYONE has shields + their classes mitigation technique. Harness magicka + cloaking is a thing now, because they can cloak and shield then re do their attack.

I got killed by a stam blade on pts with 15k shields. wonderful.

Bone shield +harness magicka + resto staff is a thing for every stamina build now.

Shield stacking is for everyclass now.
    650cp+ Sorcerer 100+ days /played
    Broken'Stick North American Server
    https://www.twitch.tv/trixytricks
  • Hospitler
    Hospitler
    ✭✭
    Well if hardened ward only last as he said 6 to 7 seconds anyway then why nerf it? Shields are a sorcs life line and sorcs are a light armor class which means they can't hold up without them. Anyone who really played PVP as a Sorc would know this.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well if hardened ward only last as he said 6 to 7 seconds anyway then why nerf it? Shields are a sorcs life line and sorcs are a light armor class which means they can't hold up without them. Anyone who really played PVP as a Sorc would know this.

I have a lot longer sorc play time then you.

Light armour doesn't mean anything, nb's/dk's/templars all go around with light armour.
    NativeJoe wrote: »
    Doesn't change this simple fact: Sorcs had shields as their damage mitigation technique.

Now EVERYONE has shields + their classes mitigation technique. Harness magicka + cloaking is a thing now, because they can cloak and shield then re do their attack.

Bone shield +harness magicka + resto staff is a thing for every stamina build now.

Yet every class isn't going to stack into bastion for the 20-25% boost in shields are they?

Also if your talking about pvp i doubt the stam blade had 15k shields, boneshields gives 15% of your max stamina, Even with 40k it's still only 6k shield, waste of a slot. Harness isn't bad but there are better magicka dumps for stam build, espcially a nb, why would he use a 6s shield which he's not spec'd into cp for over cloak with 100% crit?
    PS4 EU DC

• NativeJoe
    NativeJoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Light armour doesn't mean anything, nb's/dk's/templars all go around with light armour.

Yet every class isn't going to stack into bastion for the 20-25% boost in shields are they?

Also if your talking about pvp i doubt the stam blade had 15k shields, boneshields gives 15% of your max stamina, Even with 40k it's still only 6k shield, waste of a slot. Harness isn't bad but there are better magicka dumps for stam build, espcially a nb, why would he use a 6s shield which he's not spec'd into cp for over cloak with 100% crit?

I didn't say he was being efficient. Every class has a reason to "not" shield stack except sorc lol... because their own class has better mitigation techniques. But the fact is it did happen, and it is going to happen alot more...there are no downsides for NB shield stacking. U shield urself up, attack from stealth, go back into stealth-reshield. Little to no risk... because all the risk is eaten by your sorc style shields. and i have over 90 days played on my sorc. /played
    Edited by NativeJoe on April 30, 2016 12:40AM
    650cp+ Sorcerer 100+ days /played
    Broken'Stick North American Server
    https://www.twitch.tv/trixytricks
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I didn't say he was being efficient. Every class has a reason to "not" shield stack except sorc lol... because their own class has better mitigation techniques. But the fact is it did happen, and it is going to happen alot more...there are no downsides for NB shield stacking. U shield urself up, attack from stealth, go back into stealth-reshield. Little to no risk... because all the risk is eaten by your sorc style shields. and i have over 90 days played on my sorc. /played

Where does he even have room to slot 2x shields, he must be giving up something.

PS4 EU DC

• Hospitler
    Hospitler
    ✭✭
    Oh and the harde

I think it is funny that you a PS4 gammer think you know my game time. I have been here since the begging of ESO on console. You probably never even go into PVP because if you did you would know about which shields DK use to stack and how the Sorc shields went from almost 12k hardened ward to around 4 k which would put it at 1/3 if you know how to add.

Oh I love how you a PS4 player assume you have more game time then me lol. Well seeing as I was here from the beginning and seeing as how you obviously know nothing about PVP or your classes/ abilities saying DK don't shield stack let me help you out. Hardened wars went from about 12 to about 4K which is 1/3 not 50% . A DK who wears light armor would be toast so I don't know where your getting this one from because a DK wearing light armor would have very little physical damage resistance. So that a stupid statement. So now let me help you out a DK can place up hardened armor , obsidian shield and oh if they want ferocious leap will also grant a shield. So a DK wearing heavy armor with a couple of nirn pieces at this moment throwing up shields is pretty tanky . Now you take a Sorc whose magic based and wears light armor to have any type of spell crit worth anything and his physical defense isn't there so he depends on shields . Hardened ward, healing ward " which isn't very good anymore", could use bone shield but that costs stamina which then prevents blocking cause anyone who knows anything about PVP knows a Sorc who can't block is dead. So then if they have already weakened hardened ward the bread and butter for sorcs why cut down how long it lasts? You say it only last a couple of seconds anyways so then why are you crying to get it reduced? Leave it alone. Sorcs having shields balances out the game. DK tank it up, NB stealth attacks, Templars can heal even while being beaten to death by max vets and sorcs have shields .
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You obviously don't know anything about this game or let alone PVP.First if your a stamina build and your using a restro staff and harness magica you deserve to die.Second a stamblade with 15k shield that's impressive but he probably have sucky sustain and if you knew how to play could out sustained him.

L2P man and you will do great.

• Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh and the harde

I think it is funny that you a PS4 gammer think you know my game time. I have been here since the begging of ESO on console.
    You probably never even go into PVP because if you did you would know about which shields DK use to stack and how the Sorc shields went from almost 12k hardened ward to around 4 k which would put it at 1/3 if you know how to add.

Oh I love how you a PS4 player assume you have more game time then me lol. Well seeing as I was here from the beginning
    and seeing as how you obviously know nothing about PVP or your classes/ abilities saying DK don't shield stack let me help you out. Hardened wars went from about 12 to about 4K which is 1/3 not 50% . A DK who wears light armor would be toast so I don't know where your getting this one from because a DK wearing light armor would have very little physical damage resistance. So that a stupid statement. So now let me help you out a DK can place up hardened armor , obsidian shield and oh if they want ferocious leap will also grant a shield. So a DK wearing heavy armor with a couple of nirn pieces at this moment throwing up shields is pretty tanky . Now you take a Sorc whose magic based and wears light armor to have any type of spell crit worth anything and his physical defense isn't there so he depends on shields . Hardened ward, healing ward " which isn't very good anymore", could use bone shield but that costs stamina which then prevents blocking cause anyone who knows anything about PVP knows a Sorc who can't block is dead. So then if they have already weakened hardened ward the bread and butter for sorcs why cut down how long it lasts? You say it only last a couple of seconds anyways so then why are you crying to get it reduced? Leave it alone. Sorcs having shields balances out the game. DK tank it up, NB stealth attacks, Templars can heal even while being beaten to death by max vets and sorcs have shields .

Lmao this guy.Also you need to make up your mind were you here from the start of ESO or the start of ESO on consoles because that's pretty important because I believe @leepalmer95 been playing that long aswell .I still remember him debating NBS in the consoles text chat threads near launch.

Now let's look at your math which clearly show your lying about having a 12k shield in 1.6.If you had a 12k hardenward when they increase the shield reduction from 20%-50% a 30% increase to the current shield reduction.Which again would lower your shields to 6k.So to have a 4k shield you would have to have a 8k in 1.6 so actually it wasn't a 2/3 reduction or more people would have pointed it out by now.

Now on to your DK thing I know and fought a lot of DK who use Light armor still some prefer heavy other light still so you can't say they will be toast if you know how to build a character you can be very tanky in light armor.You also have to realize which am pretty sure you don't if you combine all of those shields they barely equals one hardening Ward.So yes they can shield stack but they need a ultimate to do it and even then one surprise attack can take a DK shield down except for a healing ward and that already 6 seconds.Why are you not mentioning Hardening ward is the only shield at this time that mitigates Physical damage.So you don't really need physical resist as a sorc.Finally if you think Sorcs shields are balanced then your lying or just do not know how to play

Lastly just because you play PC doesn't mean your better then anyone who play consoles.I know consoles players who will destroy PC players and some who are just as good.Like at Vet Mal Xbox NA beat it before PC Na beat it.Xbox also beat it before anyone on PS4 beat it but that's beside the point.Again it doesn't matter what you play their always a better player out their.
  • Ariades_swe
    Ariades_swe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One DK do shield stack and if you play PVP you would know this. You may want to recheck yourself before you answer something you are not capable of.

This guy better troll than me!!
  • DynastyIXII
    DynastyIXII
    ✭✭✭
    My DK wears light armor >~> we can shield stack but it's nothing to worry about. Igneous shield is about 2k damage shield, the only one out of the 3 I'll mention that a sorc can't doesn't use. Healing ward and harness magicka. If this is a problem I feel sorry for you. But let's talk about the other 2 classes, templar have one shield that scales of health so it's pretty much useless for most Templars in PvP. NBs don't even have a shield. And NBs can't go stealth once hit by magelight, but we doing ight.
    PS4 NA
  • Bramir
    Bramir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still trying to figure out the reason for these changes, which actually make shield stacking a more effective tactic for everyone, but hurts sorcerer defense when between fights (i.e. easier to gank). The upcoming onslaught of anti-sorcerer tantrums should be amusing, but I can't figure out why this change was needed.

I shield stack when focused, but far from making me invincible, it just buys enough time to get out of range of the group focusing me. The duration nerf will have zero effect on that, and the change to harness magicka will actually make it work better. I think what bugs me the most is that harness magicka is now arguably a better skill than hardened ward...why?
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imo these changes to wards did 2 things.

1. Shield stacking can occur, only really effectively with 2 wards.
    2. Every build can now shield stack to some extent.

This means either the Fotm sorc has hardened and healing, or hardened and harness (both are effective) and now CC is even more important (as the CCs eat up at least half the ward time)

The best thing a sorc can do offensively is time your burst for the moment a ward expires, and (for utmost efficiency) cc at the last moment of their ward.

Best thing a sorc can do defensively now is main bar one shield and/or 1/2 on the backbar.

I'll probably run hardened on each bar and then dampen on back bar too, the % boost to the ward is more valuable to me than the 1kish magicka return if they hit you with a magick ability.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • acw37162
    acw37162
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you say nerf sorcery shields, are you referring to the fact the duration is being reduced but the didn't change the actual amount of mitigation they absolve or the complete negation of crit they offer.

And when you say low life you mean because you enchant everything with magica and invest attribute points all in magica to get the best damage, best resource pool, and highest possible sorc shield value.

So now you might actually have to make choice about how you allocate your resources or is you want to play more offensive or defensive.

You mean now it's not absurdly easy to stack three shields and run around with an effective health pool larger then a tank, with better crit resistance then 7 impen, mobility, utility, and stuns for days while you had 13 - 20 seconds to run try and proc frags behind a set of mines.

You mean you will actually take health damage if you get stunned at the wrong time or miss a shield rotation.

Your talking about that nerf?
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    acw37162 wrote: »
    When you say nerf sorcery shields, are you referring to the fact the duration is being reduced but the didn't change the actual amount of mitigation they absolve or the complete negation of crit they offer.

None of us asked for the physical buff to the light armor shield. Wrobel apparently wanted one for his Magicka Nightblade.

And when you say low life you mean because you enchant everything with magica and invest attribute points all in magica to get the best damage, best resource pool, and highest possible sorc shield value.

Stacking all Magicka and spell damage still doesn't give us competitive DPS.

So now you might actually have to make choice about how you allocate your resources or is you want to play more offensive or defensive.

You mean deciding to make our damage even worse and less competitive than it is.

You mean now it's not absurdly easy to stack three shields and run around with an effective health pool larger then a tank, with better crit resistance then 7 impen, mobility, utility, and stuns for days while you had 13 - 20 seconds to run try and proc frags behind a set of mines.

So instead of removing shield stacking, we're going to make it so that one fear three seconds into any shield duration means death every time. Mobility? Why is it that Gap closers seem to work much better? Proc frags? Is your primary DPS reflectable, dodge able, block able, and subject to 30% RNG? I'm guessing no?

You mean you will actually take health damage if you get stunned at the wrong time or miss a shield rotation.

Of course by 'health damage' you mean 'lol practically one shotted'

Your talking about that nerf?

Show us on the doll where the naughty sorc touched you. This class hate is getting out of hand.
  • americansteel
    americansteel
    ✭✭✭✭

a sorc doesnt have low life youre on par with a templar, you can kill a templar with ease! youre tankier than a HA DK tank with OP DPS this should not be, shieldbreaker was a band aid fix to a problem and CP makes the problem worse.

stam and mag sorces have outstanding mobility, both do not need buffing.

know your class! learn it.

no one has acess to hardend ward but a sorcerer, the real problem.

if stam and mag sorcerers have no issue killing players with what they have you need no buffing.
    those who whine about this class needing buffs need to l2p, there are people who prove you wrong which plays the class well.

Edited by americansteel on May 4, 2016 11:20PM
    NO LONGER PLAYING ESO

POOR SERVER PERFORMANCE
    LAG
    LOAD SCREENS
    DONE
  • Azurethe
    Azurethe
    ✭✭✭

Yea you called it man, every stam build is now going to be running around with a resto staff and harness magicka, both things that scale off Magicka. -____________-
  • Hospitler
    Hospitler
    ✭✭
    Seems like all you guys just don't know how to build a character to me and that's why you cry about the big bad Sorc killing you. Mommy and daddy can't buy you a better character and you have to actually figure out how to beat a good class build so you cry to the developers. Nerf the big bad sorcs shields, damage, etc. lol wow
  • jello
    jello
    ✭✭✭✭
    <3 How everyone thinks hes sooooo pro.
    Dunmer - Nightblade
  • Hospitler
    Hospitler
    ✭✭
    jello wrote: »

Don't worry I hold a class on how to build a character so you do t have to cry to your mommy ;)
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jello wrote: »

Don't worry I hold a class on how to build a character so you do t have to cry to your mommy ;)

So complain because most of all have at least one of every character, have likely more experience than you and can see how imbalanced stacking shields bigger than your hp is with you being immune to crit which negates a lot of class skills and class race passives.
    PS4 EU DC

• Vangy
    Vangy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah.. uhm.... B- b-but.....

....... Where do I even start with this..... I'll try my best OP to explain my POV. You seem very passionate about sorc... but in all honesty sorcs are fine... The only thing they are truly bad at is sustained PvE damage. In terms of burst and PvP, sorcs are spectacular as ever.

1. Other classes can shield stack --> no. Lets look at the list shall we.

DK: Harness magicka (legit) + igneous shields (hahahahaa..... 2k shield.. We use it for the major mending. not the shield) + Healing ward (legit) --> compared to sorc harness + healing/annulment, sorc has overall better mobility with streak + better shielding capabilities. Hardened + annulment + healing with 100 pts in bastion >> Harness + igneous + healing ward

Magblade: Healing + annulment... (most magblades just run healing ward in fact) with cloak mobility --> Sorc still as good. See above for reasoning.

Templars: Blazing shield....... (worthless unless on some gimmick hp build). Don't even need to argue about templars

Sorcs have better shields + decent mobility when combined is comparable to every other class defence out there...

2. Stam builds getting shield.

Honestly my imperial DK has 41k stamina and I don't see myself slotting bone shield... Its going to be a meagre 6.15k shield... Waste of a slot and resources when I can just hit shuffle and vigor.... Most stam builds run a LOT less max stam so thyre never going to slot bone shield.... If bone shield were as good as hardened ward then sure, id slot it.. But its a gimpy, weak sauce version of what hardened ward is. To say stam builds have shields is insane. Its the same as comparing crit surge to BOL. Thyre not even in the same league.

3. Magelight nerf

??.... If anything my sorc loves the new magelight cos I save a slot on my bars which is precious. Forcing to slot it on both bars was so bad...... Now I can just leave it on one bar just for the reveal/empower buff.
    (2)V16 Dk- stam dps/stam tank/mag dps
    (2)V16 Sorc- mag dps/stam dps
    (2)V16 nb- stam dps/mag dps
    (1)v16 temp- mag tank/mag dps
    CP: 610 and counting

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates! Viva la revolutionz