Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

After hitting level 50 quests

new2rydingub17_ESO
new2rydingub17_ESO
Soul Shriven
Me and a friend recently got back into eso. We dropped of around level 40 and we are fixing to hit level 50. I know the other two factions lands open up in some capacity to you. I want to know what can we expect from them. Can we quest together ? are the other lands open full of missions and dungeons for us to plunder? Are the quests as big and expansive as your home pact ?
  • Sunburnt_Penguin
    Sunburnt_Penguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes to all
  • Spiderg1rl
    Spiderg1rl
    ✭✭✭
    The areas that open up are the other factions home quest lines so it's just as big as whatever faction you've started with. It goes anticlockwise on the map so if your Ebonheart then Daggerfall is the next levelled zone for you and Aldemeri is the last one.

If you are unsure of where your best going head to each zone's starting shrine, and see what level the enemies are. Your looking for the Vet 1 enemies.
    Ebonheart - StoneFalls
    Daggeerfall - Glenumbra
    Aldemeri - Auridion
  • new2rydingub17_ESO
    new2rydingub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Wow, so we've be playing this whole time in the Ebonheart pack and it's taken us this long. And we've only finished 1/3 rd of the game ! Goodness
  • Spiderg1rl
    Spiderg1rl
    ✭✭✭
    Yep there is still a whole lot of world open for you and that doesn't include the quests in Cyrodiil, Craglorn and the DLC zones as even Imperial City has a quest line. With Dark Brotherhood coming out in a little over a month your questing will only get bigger.

Have fun with it as I personally really enjoy the questing and some of the story lines they have in this game.
  • new2rydingub17_ESO
    new2rydingub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Spiderg1rl wrote: »
    Yep there is still a whole lot of world open for you and that doesn't include the quests in Cyrodiil, Craglorn and the DLC zones as even Imperial City has a quest line. With Dark Brotherhood coming out in a little over a month your questing will only get bigger.

Have fun with it as I personally really enjoy the questing and some of the story lines they have in this game.

Ok cool, once I'm in the other territories. Will I be technically doing their missions like I was part of there alliance or will I be some kind of trader to the Ebonheart pack. Or what ?
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Spiderg1rl wrote: »
    The areas that open up are the other factions home quest lines so it's just as big as whatever faction you've started with. It goes anticlockwise on the map so if your Ebonheart then Daggerfall is the next levelled zone for you and Aldemeri is the last one.

If you are unsure of where your best going head to each zone's starting shrine, and see what level the enemies are. Your looking for the Vet 1 enemies.
    Ebonheart - StoneFalls
    Daggeerfall - Glenumbra
    Aldemeri - Auridion

What is being described is referred to as the Cadwell quests, because he is the quest giver. You pick this up at the Harborage after defeating Molag Bal in the main quest. This is a requirement, and can be started at level 45 IIRC. The zones are called Silver (first one you can access), and Gold. Prior to Thieves Guild DLC, Silver quest line had to be completed before moving to Gold, but that requirement has been removed....you can start anywhere. I'm not sure how the leveling works if you don't start in the traditional Silver/Gold now though. Prior to the change Silver zones scaled from v1-v5 and Gold scaled from v6-v12. At the very least, you'll want to do the main quest in each zone for skill points (listed in your Journel as Cadwells), as well as get the skyshards and dungeons for more skill points. As a reward for completing Silver, you get the Soul Shriven motif, and for completing Gold you get Cadwell pot hat.
    Ok cool, once I'm in the other territories. Will I be technically doing their missions like I was part of there alliance or will I be some kind of trader to the Ebonheart pack. Or what ?

It's like you describe where I bolded it. Listen to Cadwell when he gives you the quest, says something about experiencing the other Alliances. The new Alliance zones are exactly the same as if you started there from level 1, but scaled to veteran levels, soon to be champion point levels with upcoming removal of VR system.
    Edited by Ourorboros on April 28, 2016 5:18PM
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • new2rydingub17_ESO
    new2rydingub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    What about DLC , I haven't bought any yet. But is it worth it ? Are some better than others. Do you have to have the one that came before the new or can you buy them as you please.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Pretty much, Caldwell has a conversation with you about this. But your treated just like any other player who starts in that Alliance. Only the mobs are lot tougher. Which is good, and they could even be a bit tougher, but its a fun challenge.
    What about DLC , I haven't bought any yet. But is it worth it ? Are some better than others. Do you have to have the one that came before the new or can you buy them as you please.

Orisinium is probably the best content bang for the buck. Great for doing if you exhaust the original content have not maxed your character level out. Sounds like you won't get to that point before the Vet Rank removal happens, but just in case, know that I have leveled characters from VR12 to VR16 just doing the content in that zone (and some Dailies and a smattering of Public Dungeon Grinding)

TG is good if you have a Thief character, some of the passives are nice for larceny. Also, the quests send you around in the world to give you an excuse to explore those areas you have not been to in a long time.

Imperial City is good if you like PvP, although you can avoid PvP in some cases in that area. Still, it is best to do this with a group of people.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"