The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Sanctum Ophidia

jzholloway
jzholloway
✭✭✭
I messaged @Woeler

For Sanctum on Manticore, I ran with a group last night (my first run ever, their third attempt) as off tank, and everyone, including the main tank, said I needed to focus more on dodge rolling over blocking, yet I kept getting one shotted by either the boss in the hole or manticore (the punch). With buffs I can get both my spell and physical resistance about 1k from cap, w/o buffs the are 27.5k and 26k respectively - Running Blood Spawn, Tava's and Footman. I have considered switching to Histbark and Footman for this trial if anyone thinks it would be better. My main question is - should I be able to basically stand there and block through anything (with good enough healers)?

I watch vet 14 videos from PC and the tanks - off and main - just stand there and block. Obviously applying buffs and taunts as needed.

ANY input would be wonderful.
PC/NA
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @jzhalloway with ~28k HP and just below the mitigation caps, yes....I can stand there and just block with a competent healer backing me up.
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • jzholloway
    jzholloway
    ✭✭✭
    Cuyler wrote: »
    @jzhalloway with ~28k HP and just below the mitigation caps, yes....I can stand there and just block with a competent healer backing me up.

Thanks!
    PC/NA
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You should be able to stand in his frontal attack and block it. Also since you're a DK(according to your signature?) you could be using Magma armor ulti if you're struggling there. I know a DK tank who can tank downstairs boss without a healer so it's definitely doable ;)
  • jzholloway
    jzholloway
    ✭✭✭
    Magdalina wrote: »
    You should be able to stand in his frontal attack and block it. Also since you're a DK(according to your signature?) you could be using Magma armor ulti if you're struggling there. I know a DK tank who can tank downstairs boss without a healer so it's definitely doable ;)

Thanks, that's what I figured. Yep, use magma armor, etc.
    PC/NA
  • Woeler
    Woeler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I messaged you back.