Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Problem with Enchanting Writ

ausmack2014
ausmack2014
✭✭✭
a couple of times now I've taken an Enchanting writ which features (from memory) a Minor Health Glyph. When I created it, it did not show up on the quest log as being completed. This happened today and, as I say, has happened before. I checked and double checked to make sure I'd made the correct glyph. Am I doing something wrong or is this some sort of glitch?
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One possibility is that you closed the crafting table too soon. The glyph is not made immediately when you press R, but when animation finishes.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, the above about leaving the crafting table to early happens to me all the time. Make sure you see the HUD message that says you completed the writ item.

Are you making them in White? Green, Blue, Purple and Gold Glyphs do not count

Are you making them in the same level the writ is asking for? (basically the same level as your Potency Passive, which means it's either one of two, but the lower of the two is usually what is asked for)
    Edited by Nestor on April 28, 2016 2:21PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• ausmack2014
    ausmack2014
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info, I will take note of both points next time and see if these help.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info, I will take note of both points next time and see if these help.

Just so you know, last night I was doing an Enchanting Writ, qued up the mats and hit R, thought I had made the item. Ran over the turn in spot, and no arrow over the chest to drop it off. I did not wait long enough and I know better. So, just to reinforce, check your Journal to make sure it says "Turn in the stuff" or whatever it says exactly before leaving the crafting station.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"