The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Redguard Nb Healer - New Player Question

Teko
Teko
Hey guys

I'am new player so sorry if my question is a bit off.

I started the game with a plan to play as stamina dps, however close to lvl50 i decided i may want to try healing instead.So my question - is Redguard NB healer perfectly viable for endgame content like trials/vet dungeons or i should reroll to templar with more magicka oriented race ?

Also, whats the big difference between Templar and NB healer ?

Thanks !
  • Sunburnt_Penguin
    Sunburnt_Penguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NB healers are perfectly viable however you'll want to be purely Magicka based. Whilst they do lack some key abilities that Templars use (notably shards for group members to replenish stamina) they make up for that with combined DPS-healing.

Having stamina racial passives will disadvantage you somewhat but providing you can manage your resources well then I don't see any problem with completing end-game content, whether that be group or solo. Getting to the top of the leaderboards may be difficult, however.

Try it out, see how it goes and you can always switch it back to stamina DPS if you want to roll a magicka race and/or Templar.
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Teko wrote: »
    Hey guys

I'am new player so sorry if my question is a bit off.

I started the game with a plan to play as stamina dps, however close to lvl50 i decided i may want to try healing instead.So my question - is Redguard NB healer perfectly viable for endgame content like trials/vet dungeons or i should reroll to templar with more magicka oriented race ?

Also, whats the big difference between Templar and NB healer ?

Thanks !

First and foremost I cannot stress enough, that the sooner you accept that templars are not the defacto healers (which I think you may have already) the better off you will be.

NB healing is imo the hardest of the 4 classes. As the gear needs to be on point at vet dungeons.

I will recieve a lot of flak for this I'm sure but I'm of the camp that truly believes that after all is said and done, the racials should not be the determining factor and at the upper most eschalon of end game, there are far greater factors that effect your performance than the perks provided by the racials.

If you like your redgaurd aesthetically or you don't have it in you to start over, you will ultimately be ok as long as you do your homework on what gear and skills (non nb skills that is, as the nb skill set alone will not be enough to heal).

If you are the min max type and / or have no issues re rolling, then mathematically a breton or high elf will performance better as far as tool tips are concerned.
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    And yes remember that each healing class brings something different to the table.

Templars provide a reliable (albeit not really needed often) cleanse / purge and the only group stam replenish in the game. Also for many, templars can opt for dw instead of resto staff thanks to a dedicated healing tree, netting them more SP in the process.

DKs provide group wide major sorcery / brutality (if needed, allowing others to switch out some skills). Minor brutality to group, freeing them from combat prayer to possibly opt for BoR. And the major mending buff without the need for a fully charged resto staff attack. Also magma shell is just awesome.

Nightblade healers have the benefit of dealing damage and healing at the same time via funnel health and refreshing path. Often overlooked is that nbs provide a group wide crit buff via a passive. Veil of shadows is widely considered one of the better ultimates in the game for group content, the damage mitigation, dot and synergy effect are great.

Sorc recently received some buffs to put them in line with other healers via pet. They have the only silence in the game. Admittedly I am a little in the dark with sorcs and there unique group benefits.