Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

how does one suggest a personality style? these are gunna be great for the store :)

dsalter
dsalter
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
since the unvailing of the one from DB, i'v been working hard on a mage based one and have many of the ideas down just need to be able to explain+show some of the animations i plan to suggest, but don't wanna be chasing up the wrong tree so wanted to be sure how i post a suggestion :p
PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

• Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What do you mean,..a "personality style"? Not sure how it would come across. :)
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Volkodav wrote: »
    What do you mean,..a "personality style"? Not sure how it would come across. :)

dark brother hood comes with a new personality style, which changes many animations more fitting for the "assassin" type :) look it up it's quite interesting :D
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

• Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am all for a "mage personality"! Also bard, thief, priest, blacksmith, hunter, guard... Maybe an "absent-minded" one, making the character look easily distracted. But we can do without our characters holding an object all the time, in my opinion. I don't like that my assassin keep fiddling with the Blade of Woe when she has her own swords hanging from her belt.

Maybe some could be related to humors, like grumpy, morose or cheerful.
    Edited by Abeille on April 27, 2016 2:17PM
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Abeille wrote: »
    I am all for a "mage personality"! Also bard, thief, priest, blacksmith, hunter, guard... Maybe an "absent-minded" one, making the character look easily distracted. But we can do without our characters holding an object all the time, in my opinion. I don't like that my assassin keep fiddling with the Blade of Woe when she has her own swords hanging from her belt.

Maybe some could be related to humors, like grumpy, morose or cheerful.

yeah know what you mean about the blade, if it was a random idle animation where they check out the blade it wouldnt be so bad but almost always out was ugh.

my main idea for the mage style would be to seem wise, for example :pull out a tome occasionally, hold a flame on the left hand and read with the right, using it like a reading light.
    when using a staff you'll hold it by your side (similar to how the prophet or resto staff does) most of the time and walking does the prophets walk animation, light/heavy attacks cause you to stay in a similar position during the charge but tilt it forward semi aggressive like to release the projectile or holds it forward for lightning/restoration.

not got all of it down yet but holding a 2 handed blade/mace/axe will cause self cast abilities (like surge, rally etc) to clutch the holding point with both hands firm and sort of hold it mid body as if chanting the spell into it. :)

just some examples i have in mind once i'm done covering it to be as changing as the assassin one :D

edit: mainly listing stuff for myself:
    Altered enchanting crafting animation (using shock, flame and frost particles while infusing stones?)
    casting a spell that causes the raise arm animation while wielding a staff or 2handed sword causes you to raise those up (the same way mutigen/rapid regen is cast)
    facial expression can be mostly calm, with the odd curious look of raising a brow, scratching chin or head, etc
    feeding as a vampire draws less savage like (flows it in with one arm as if flowing it in casually?)
    Edited by dsalter on April 27, 2016 6:20PM

• Eirikir
    Eirikir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Warrior and Paladin style personality would be nice.
    Server: PS4-NA
    PSN: Eirikir
    Name: Eirikir "Erik" Kololf
    Alliance: Ebonheart Pact
    Race: Nord (Lycanthrope)
    Class: Dragonknight (Range DPS)
    Playstyle: Crafter, PVE, PVP, Roleplayer