The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Best spec for PVP in Dark Brotherhood patch?

arkansas_ESO
arkansas_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
We've all seen the patch notes, so now it's time to figure out next patch's meta.

Personally, my money is on stam NB. It's got everything you could want as a stam player in their class skills: a stam execute that scales off of disease, a stam gap closer, a dirt cheap ult that scales off of disease, a stam, instant cast DPS ability, and Shadow Image/Cloak for mobility. Combine this with Shuffle and some nerfs of magicka's most powerful abilities (proxy det and Hardened Ward, mainly) and you've got the new master class.
Edited by arkansas_ESO on April 26, 2016 6:01AM

Grand Overlord 25/8/17

Best spec for PVP in Dark Brotherhood patch? 190 votes

Stamina DK (poisonknight OP?)
30%
theimmortalone2552_ESOcschwingeb14_ESODelraelNavarreThatNeonZebraAgainlexdavienWtrengaIruil_ESOgeisslermaxb16_ESOAenlirimasnowchainub17_ESOtdcdannyub17_ESOFuzzehhBarnabasSRIBESAoshyHelluinBloodStormAtalanta88chongguangMinalan 57 votes
Magicka DK
5%
RajajshkaGreyskullSpliffoILLESTGLIDERku5hHumanNinjaJohnRingokarakondzulaConjurerAerem 10 votes
Stamina Templar
8%
j_s_lemasterb14_ESOKaspestilinzthegamerub17_ESOScamandrosIITHEOPIISanktLord_HevNemeliomNaviSDEATHquidoxClockworkArcGreenSoup2HoTChelistervinciblejimSupremeTravieKahsaManDraKE 17 votes
Magicka Templar
12%
MysfitTorvenToolBam_BammoditemardeDustbustnub18_ESOShaloknirStryhnArvszole1974aw70135KoreanAwtamaticDreddlock-LutalloSharmonyVShanetxtorpedoJeshForsakenSinIFaytaIL888and888 23 votes
Stamina Sorc
3%
BelethornMinscAndrattexylenaSleepyTrollxxShowerpowerxxDrikk 7 votes
Magicka Sorc
7%
a.ahanchiub17_ESObuho.29eb17_ESOLord_ShoneSheeyMakkirDanielHagelkruys1707JunkogenAlexanderTheGloriousDjKahunVisionsSerenityxLordValtieribubbyginkAraviel2 14 votes
Stamina NB
25%
ErkantSolarikenarkansas_ESOmilesrodneymcneely2_ESOc0mmissargaunt18b14_ESOHakokeJaidenSeliqueKhenzyElhanandrogon1leem1988SoristimidobserverMojomonkeymanAzalin76Ka_AnorEas007DefiltedVaoh 49 votes
Magicka NB
6%
MJWesslingb14_ESOXsorusSPE825PerwulfCelurianCyantific87XvorgRebornV3xDakrana_ThrazvothRevolt_775Gulkrim-murMRNICEGUY57rmk17 13 votes
  • Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's hard to say but the blazing shield health Templars are monsters if done right. No stamblade can take one of them down.

I voted dk not sure why but yes I think 1v1 stamblades will be strong, they already are now.
    Edited by Wrecking_Blow_Spam on April 26, 2016 6:14AM
    Xbox one EU
    8 Flawless conquerors on all class specs (4 stam, 4 magicka)
    Doesn't stand in red
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina NB
    Tied between Stam DK and Stam NB. Considering the Soul Harvest having a Disease morph..... Stam NB is just a bit better.

Stamina in general is probably stronger than Magicka in this patch. Too difficult to find that middleground, it seems.
  • Astanphaeus
    Astanphaeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina NB
    EquinoxS wrote: »
    It's hard to say but the blazing shield health Templars are monsters if done right. No stamblade can take one of them down.

I voted dk not sure why but yes I think 1v1 stamblades will be strong, they already are now.

The thing about blazing shield templars is they have an extremely easy counter: just ignore them. They probably can't chase you down, and if they do, the only way they can really damage you is if you damage them. Now I'm sure we have all seen that there are many randoms who won't just ignore them, but what can kill your normal random is hardly a measure of what is strong.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamplar also received some buff's this patch.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Kas
    Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina Templar
    i expect stamplar and stam dk to be INSANE in duels. IN particular I think both are strong with the DK being slightly stronger but stamplars winning against DKs thanks to ritual (purge/caltrops/major-mending wombo-combo-in-a-single-button)
    I guess stamblad gankers will be back one-shotting with the help of poisions.
    I expect sorcs and their negate to be back to the king of the zerg (just like 1.5 I think negates can be the primary factor in group battles again)
    I think mag sorcs will still be viable to solo play and 1vX but will require MUCH more player skill to do so and thus be far less popular. I don't think keeping shields up is viable anymore. Being hit without shields will still get you killed. The answer is casting shields right before you're hit by an enemy going on the offensive. Sounds easy but can be really hard.
    I think magicka templars will still be mostly used as zerg healers (though some players ofc will make them work well otherwise, in particular under bridges :D).
    In don't really know about magicka DKs. Right now some are tanky and some are good in duels but they don't strike me as really strong; neither now nor after the patch.

I find it very hard to predict what will be the strongest. I my quite confident that sorcs and templars will be found in groups and that stam dk's, stam tp's and stamblades will be the main video-recording classes (that produce nicely looking highlights by winning 1v4's between getting overrun by zergs off-record 10 times)
    Edited by Kas on April 26, 2016 10:54AM
    @bbu - AD/EU
    Kasiia - Templar (AR46)
    Kasiir Aberion - Sorc (AR38)
    Dr Kastafari - Warden (~AR31)
    + many others
  • The_Legendary_Arya
    EquinoxS wrote: »

The thing about blazing shield templars is they have an extremely easy counter: just ignore them. They probably can't chase you down, and if they do, the only way they can really damage you is if you damage them. Now I'm sure we have all seen that there are many randoms who won't just ignore them, but what can kill your normal random is hardly a measure of what is strong.

Thats exactly the counter of my Blazing Shield templar. But normally it works, because randoms attack everytime, even if u have 60k health and BS up
    And jabs just dont do enough dmg to kill anything thats ignoring you
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina Templar
    good luck trying to 1vs1 an stamplar
  • Destyran
    Destyran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina NB
    Stamblade op potential one shots and they can use bone sheild
  • Khenzy
    Khenzy
    ✭✭✭
    Stamina NB
    As has been said already , It's going to be between stamina Templar, stamina DK or stamina NB.

The new Incapacitating Strike is stupidly broken OP in the PTS right now with 15k+ hits being common (in addition to its cheap cost and current effects). If it doesn't get nerfed, stamina NB will definetly be undisputable top tier just by vitue of sheer damage alone.

Stamina DK with Major Mending, Burning Heat, the new poison/potion effecs of increased healing and the new bone shield can achieve immense survivability without sacrificing much defence.

It's a similar case with stamina templars. These can achieve even higher healing per second than DKs and have the added (albeit nerfed) benefit of being able to purge those nasty... NASTY new poison effects.

EDIT: Typos.
    Edited by Khenzy on April 28, 2016 4:24PM
  • AfkNinja
    AfkNinja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khenzy wrote: »
    As has been said already , It's going to be between stamina Templar, stamina DK or stamina NB.

The new Incapacitating Strike is stupidly broken OP in the PTS right now with 15k+ hits being common (in addition to its cheap cost and current effects). If it doesn't get nerfed, stamina NB will definetly be undisputable top tier just by vitue of sheer damage alone.

Stamina DK with Major Mending, Burning Heat, the new poison/potion effecs of increased healing and the new bone shield can achive immense survivability without sacrificing much defence.

It's a similar case with stamina templars. These can achieve even higher healing per second than DKs and have the added (albeit nerfed) befenit of being able to purge those nasty... NASTY new poison effects.

This is the closest we've ever been to parity. They just need to help Stam Sorc now and the stam classes are almost even.

Edit: Only took almost 3 years. LOL :P
    Edited by AfkNinja on April 26, 2016 10:49PM
  • KundaliniHero
    KundaliniHero
    ✭✭✭
    Magicka is gonna suck hard, stam is the new meta after DB hits in June, I expect Stamblades and Stamknights specifically to be the ones that standout from the pack.

With 6 second shields and ZOS refusing to fix gap closing bugs, magicka builds that arent sorcs are going to become the new pariahs, specifically magblades, magplars, and magknights who have no access to a decent shield outside of healing ward and annulment and inherently lack burst especially with the changes to proxy det and dawnbreaker. This isnt to say they will be obsolete but they are certainly going to get wrecked more often. Now they are going to have to wear vicious death with the proxy nerf in order to atleast serve some function as zerg torpedoes - outside of fully speccing as a dedicated healer. Especially now that ALL stam classes have spammable shields (just like the sorcs) and let's face it they have always done more damage overall than magicka. The wrecking blow nerf really isnt all that impactful if only to the herd of zerg clowns who practiced meticulously pressing that one button for months and im sure they wont be missed.

I guess this is one of those be careful what you whine for, if anyone hasn't been paying attention ZOS is really good at taking a problem and mutating it into many. Im just glad they aren't responsible for paying my bills and registering my car.
  • Khenzy
    Khenzy
    ✭✭✭
    Stamina NB
    AfkNinja wrote: »
    This is the closest we've ever been to parity. They just need to help Stam Sorc now and the stam classes are almost even.

A "Stam Sorc" ? What's that?
  • AfkNinja
    AfkNinja
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Stamina Sorcerer. Although ZOS wants to ignore it I can't cause it's cool.
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone is going to say Stamina NB, because of the changes. In reality, Stamjna has just been brought up to par with what Magicka has had the whole time. Ultimates that get buffed by their CP.
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina NB
    Stam nb. The combination of ambush-fear-incapacitating strike is going to be an almost instant nuke, even harder to recover from because of defile and 20% extra damage.
  • FlipFl0p
    FlipFl0p
    Just to keep the poll non-bias you might be better removing the comment after stam DK, as you can see that one is winning and that may be contributing.
  • Serenityx
    Serenityx
    ✭✭✭
    Magicka Sorc
    Everyone is going to say Stamina NB, because of the changes. In reality, Stamjna has just been brought up to par with what Magicka has had the whole time. Ultimates that get buffed by their CP.

But it doesn't matter... Magicka builds will be in TEARS this entire patch until they get back what stamina will finally have...

EDIT: I shouldn't say "get back" as they already have what stamina will have even while stamina has it too. They will cry until it is taken away so stamina can not compete so easily...
    Edited by Serenityx on April 28, 2016 6:14AM
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka NB
    I meant to put Stam NB all I know is it definitely not stam or magicka Sorcs they are probably the worst with DB.
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • Farorin
    Farorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Stamina Sorc... Two words that don't make sense together. I mean, if they use weapons and physical stamina, they aren't really a sorc anymore... are they? More like a warrior.
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Stamina NB
    I'm sorry, but Brotherhood will be a throwback to the pre-TG days, and we all know how the population numbers were.
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stamina NB
    I love how so many people are choosing stam DK. Realistically, you won't be running both DoTs, so you're getting extra damage on the former Unstable flame, if you used 2H, WB got nerfed, stamblade still has SA, Dawnbreaker is redundant (Take flight says hello). That'd be PvE, I'd pick stam DK without hesitating, but it's not.

And pretty much like everything, that's a rock / paper / scissors game, and choosing a "best spec" makes very little sense.

Thus my "most popular" choice will be stamblade
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
  • Ehanho24
    Ehanho24
    Soul Shriven
    Stamina NB
    I'm on Xbox so we haven't got this patch but is a magician nb with dual wield and resto DPS build still viable for PvP in dark brotherhood patch? I'm considering re speccing as a stam nb due to the supposed magblade nerfs, any tips?
    Thanks
  • arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina NB
    Ehanho24 wrote: »
    I'm on Xbox so we haven't got this patch but is a magician nb with dual wield and resto DPS build still viable for PvP in dark brotherhood patch? I'm considering re speccing as a stam nb due to the supposed magblade nerfs, any tips?
    Thanks

I ran a DW/resto NB build, 5pc Julianos 5pc Magnus (would replace with Lich when I got it) 3pc Willpower, in the Thieves Guild patch. After trying it out in the DB patch, I'd say it's dead. Proxy was your main source of damage and it's had it's damage cut in nearly half, so it's no longer worthwhile. You could replace it with Grim Focus and use it's spectral bow proc in place of proxy for burst, but it's difficult to reliably land light attacks as DW/resto for me. I've shelved my mag NB for everything but zerg bombing this patch, but you might have better luck than me. Check out this thread for more people talking about DW/resto NB.

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
  • mechsauc3
    mechsauc3
    ✭✭
    curious as to why stam nb have been always buff every patch lol... last time i played ( IC patch ) nbs were still being ask to be nerf down..
  • Snape2255
    Snape2255
    ✭✭✭
    Stamina NB
    I agree with Stam NB being the dominant class (both this patch and the last one). But I fail to see how the "Hardened Ward" change is any sort of a "nerf".

Clearly you haven't played a Magicka Sorc in PVP if you feel that the "nerf" is any sort of a "nerf". If someone isn't forcing you to reapply your shields every 5-6 seconds in the first place, they're simply not killing you. End of. A good Magicka Sorc will be able to swap bars, apply shields and swap back and cast a DPS skill in a second flat, two at most.

Magicka Sorcs have, in actual fact, been buffed. It doesn't change the fact that Stam NBs are easily the dominant DPS class this patch. The class I struggle most against, personally, on any class I run as well...including my Magicka Sorc.
    The name is Snape. Full time Banana fighting for his Queen and Country. Favourite hobby; killing the cowardly Covenant and Pact infidels threat.

Predominantly PVP based player running various characters. Mostly Magicka Templar, Magicka Sorcerer and Stamina Templar.

Proud Right-Hand Man of The Saints Knights and Sergeant-At-Arms of The Yellow Army.
  • mechsauc3
    mechsauc3
    ✭✭
    so i just watched sypherpk get 1shotted by a stam nb who used incap skill.. WTFF
  • KostasDragonborn
    And
    mechsauc3 wrote: »
    so i just watched sypherpk get 1shotted by a stam nb who used incap skill.. WTFF

this is why after 6 months of not playing (due to work) I probably won't return to play ESO. I was looking forward to PVP again, but it seems like nothing really changed and it's still an NB Gank fest which is boring AF. Guess I'll find another game
    - Walk with virtue, friend.
  • mechsauc3
    mechsauc3
    ✭✭
    And
    mechsauc3 wrote: »

this is why after 6 months of not playing (due to work) I probably won't return to play ESO. I was looking forward to PVP again, but it seems like nothing really changed and it's still an NB Gank fest which is boring AF. Guess I'll find another game

jk the dude was using other skills, then finished off with incap lol ;)
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You missed out Jesus Beam.
    PC EU