The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Good Race for a MagBlade?

Elephant42
Elephant42
✭✭✭✭
As the title says - any and all opinions sought. A bit of detail as to why the race is good would be appreciated.

TIA
  • Dracan_Fontom
    Dracan_Fontom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want to min max, Breton, Dunmer, or Altmer. If not play whatever you want.
  • Nyx2
    Nyx2
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you want to min max, Breton, Dunmer, or Altmer. If not play whatever you want.

Looking at the racial skills Breton and Altmer are obvious but why Dunmer...?

Unless I'm missing something they only get close to Breton / Altmer max magicka and nothing else benefits them as NB.
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MAGBLADE eh?

Argonian... definitely Argonian ;)

• Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nyx2 wrote: »

Unless I'm missing something they only get close to Breton / Altmer max magicka and nothing else benefits them as NB.

As Dunmer you get 9% max magicka, 3% max stamina, 7% increased fire dmg and some fire resist.

For pve dps Dunmer is actually the best race for magicka NBs.

For pvp I would go with Altmer (for the magicka regen) or Breton (for the spell resist).
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • Elephant42
    Elephant42
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks all - food for thought.

I'm not into min-maxing but do like to optimise where possible/reasonable.
  • Nyx2
    Nyx2
    ✭✭✭✭

As Dunmer you get 9% max magicka, 3% max stamina, 7% increased fire dmg and some fire resist.

For pvp I would go with Altmer (for the magicka regen) or Breton (for the spell resist).

Huh... I thought it's 6+3 / 6 % max magicka / stamina.

What fire skills besides meteor are actually worth using as NB?
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Aren't you gonna use an inferno staff? Also elemental wall whenever you get an inferno staff from vMA?
  • Elephant42
    Elephant42
    ✭✭✭✭
    Artis wrote: »

Aren't you gonna use an inferno staff? Also elemental wall whenever you get an inferno staff from vMA?

I would expect to use dual swords on the primary bar and a destro/resto staff on the off bar depending on the situation and/or role.

Is this not a good idea?
  • Nyx2
    Nyx2
    ✭✭✭✭

I do but for the most part siphoning seems to do a better job which is why I'm asking.
    Elephant42 wrote: »

I would expect to use dual swords on the primary bar and a destro/resto staff on the off bar depending on the situation and/or role.

Is this not a good idea?

Yes, that's usually how people run them.