Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Intricate and ornate traits in crafting on Xbox one HELP PLEASE

squeakylump
I went to a guild trader to look for nirhoned items and noticed you could also search for items with intricate and ornate trait. I can't see any crafting crafting I.e blacksmith ing, woodworking, clothier that uses these traits. Can anyone help please where or how can I unlock these traits and what do they add
  • Fruitmass
    Fruitmass
    ✭✭✭✭
    Equipment that bares the Intricate trait will give higher Inspiration when deconstructed (Inspiration is essentially XP for your crafting skills). The Ornate trait boosts an items cash value from what it would normally be. Neither trait can be researched or crafted. Usually they're found as random loot or quest items.

Don't know if there's much of a market for Ornate items, but it's not unusual for players to buy Intricate items for the sake of power leveling their crafting skills.
    Beware all ye who log on for here there be typos...
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am always surprised when I see Ornate items listed in Guild Kiosks, for more than tool tip prices.

Intricates are a nice way to boost the last couple of levels of a craft if you need to level it.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• squeakylump
    Ah thanks that explains it, I know you pick up items that give more xp when deconstructed, never thought of selling though, blacksmith ing is maxed out, would be nice to be able to craft and sell them to make a bit of extra gold, maybe only unlocks once you've maxed out the area of crafting
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you cannot craft ornate or intricate traits on weapons or armour.

Only get them from looting mobs.

Hope this clarifies it.
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)