The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

@Stamplars, what offweapon do you use?

Lynx7386
Lynx7386
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Assuming 2h for main bar (isnt the whole point behind stamplar to use rally with purifying ritual?), what secondary weapon do you use? I was thinking 1h/shield for shielded assault + radiant ward stacking, and maybe heroic slash for extra ultimate gen. Mostly that second bar is going to be a buff bar, I'd assume, so I'm trying to figure out what would be best to put there.
PS4 / NA
M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • Tostiee
    Tostiee
    ✭✭✭
    I use bow and that is just for poision injection in pvp really. For pve I use scorched earth aswell.
    Xbox One EU
    CP 1000+
    vAA HM - vHRC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS +2 Immortal Redeemer - vCR +3 - vDSA - vBRP - vMA
    High Elf Sorcerer AD (DD)
    Breton Templar AD (Healer main)
    Redguard Templar AD (PvP)
    Breton Nightblade AD (DD)
    Redguard Dragonknight AD (Tank)
    Redguard Templar EP (PvP)
    Breton Warden EP (Healer)
    Dark Elf Dragonknight DC (PvP)
    Options
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bow for mobility in pvp.

Only use poison injection from the bow skill line.
    Options
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the screen door off my Templar house.

Bow
    Options
  • Van_0S
    Van_0S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bow!!!
    For one shot range kills and when the target comes close WB them.
    Edited by Van_0S on April 25, 2016 9:49AM
    Options
  • DjKahun
    DjKahun
    ✭✭✭
    Bow definitely, I had a build previously running 2h/2h but templars lack a lot of mobility so I switched to bow so I can just dodge roll and leg it.
    ~ Snowborn ~ Ebonheart Loyals ~
    V16 - Stamina Templar - Nord [PS4-EU][Ebonheart Pact]
    V16 - Magicka Sorcerer - Dark Elf [PS4-EU][Ebonheart Pact]
    Options
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bow is my go-to off weapon, mainly for poison injection and acid spray
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
    Options
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hm... honestly didnt expect it to be bow. Guess I can give that a try.

Initially I was thinking the 1h/shield offbar with heroic slash, shielded assault, radiant ward, repentance, and purifying ritual, with the 2h main bar having wrecking blow, biting jabs, executioner, resounding vigor, and rally.

How are your bars set up with the bow?
    PS4 / NA
    Options
  • Stratforge
    Stratforge
    ✭✭✭✭
    I use bow for that dodge-roll speed boost but I'm leveling sword and board to try it out. I think the only SnB skill I will use is defensive stance but there are a few other interesting skills in there too.
    PC NA
    Xbox One NA (retired)
    Options
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I haven't leveled my stamplar enough to say so but I'm planning on leveling up bow and s/b for the range and tanking abilities respectively. I figure those are the two areas that would be the most complementary to the giant-sword-swinging. I'll probably have the bow equipped most of the time and just have s/b available if I need the extra tankiness. But I'll have to be careful not to let her playstyle get too close to my nightblade's current archer-with-big-sword setup.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
    Options
  • Tostiee
    Tostiee
    ✭✭✭
    Lynx7386 wrote: »
    Hm... honestly didnt expect it to be bow. Guess I can give that a try.

Initially I was thinking the 1h/shield offbar with heroic slash, shielded assault, radiant ward, repentance, and purifying ritual, with the 2h main bar having wrecking blow, biting jabs, executioner, resounding vigor, and rally.

How are your bars set up with the bow?

I have poison injection, shuffle/caltrops, javalin, repentance and vigor on my bow bar.
    Xbox One EU
    CP 1000+
    vAA HM - vHRC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS +2 Immortal Redeemer - vCR +3 - vDSA - vBRP - vMA
    High Elf Sorcerer AD (DD)
    Breton Templar AD (Healer main)
    Redguard Templar AD (PvP)
    Breton Nightblade AD (DD)
    Redguard Dragonknight AD (Tank)
    Redguard Templar EP (PvP)
    Breton Warden EP (Healer)
    Dark Elf Dragonknight DC (PvP)
    Options
  • AfkNinja
    AfkNinja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use bow because it's more fun. 2hand/bow is so fun I find it hard to use anything else lately.
    Options
  • Ghettokid
    Ghettokid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why are everybody using 2h on main bar? Yes rally is good but casting it means always less dps. I am stamplar and I use dual wield because damage is much bigger than with 2h. On second bar i have 1h and shield.

Ok there is one thing at 2h that makes it awesome and that is wrecking blow.

Btw stamplar sucks atm, hope that after dark brotherhood templar will finally be at same line with other classes.
    Options
  • AfkNinja
    AfkNinja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ghettokid wrote: »
    Why are everybody using 2h on main bar? Yes rally is good but casting it means always less dps. I am stamplar and I use dual wield because damage is much bigger than with 2h. On second bar i have 1h and shield.

Btw stamplar sucks atm, hope that after dark brotherhood templar will finally be at same line with other classes.

Thinks Stamplar sucks, refuses to use 2 hand for Rally. Coincidence???

If you were not aware, Templar's Rally is 25% stronger than others, 33% stronger if you use Restoring Focus due to major mending stacking with Focus. Maybe check your build before you declare something "sucks"
    Options
  • Ghettokid
    Ghettokid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AfkNinja wrote: »

Thinks Stamplar sucks, refuses to use 2 hand for Rally. Coincidence???

If you were not aware, Templar's Rally is 25% stronger than others, 33% stronger if you use Restoring Focus due to major mending stacking with Focus. Maybe check your build before you declare something "sucks"

I think my build is pretty good. I am sergeant and both my pvp skill lines are maxed. I have all the achievemsnt of killing classes and ques what! I have still something that you might miss! A life and real friends!!

Do you think I haven't tried 2h and rally? It is not so big game changer!

If I say stamplar sucks it does not mean that it is not playable or you cannot be good at game. It just means that compired to other classes it is not far as good.

Also I am not one of those guys who just wants to copy the best possible build from internet so I can dominate at battlefield. What is the point of game if instead of using build you like most, you are using build that wins! At that point you should realize that you are one of those guys who gets emperor=you have NO SOCIAL LIFE!

Thing I want to be changed is that they could make stamplar little bit better so it would be more fun. I see so much difference builds of nightblades and dk:s and they all work. With stamplar you cannot be so creative unless you are true nerd who just plays.
    Thank you!

Options
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the fact this went from what weapon to use offhand to some random rant about PvP and something about nerds.

I love this forum so much right now :D
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
    Options
  • Valrien
    Valrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    DW/Bow always for PvE.
    Valrien Dravic -- Level 50 Dunmeri Sorcerer (EP)
    Garahel Dravic -- Level 50 Bosmeri Nightblade (EP)
    Tamriel Unlimited was a mistake. One Tamriel was a bigger mistake
    Options
  • Ghettokid
    Ghettokid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol guys sorry about that i know many of you (like @AfkNinja ) are better than me. My fun is having good and unique build someone elses may be that they have best build.
    Edited by Ghettokid on April 25, 2016 6:43PM
    Options
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lynx7386 wrote: »
    Assuming 2h for main bar (isnt the whole point behind stamplar to use rally with purifying ritual?), what secondary weapon do you use?
    2H/2H
    biggrin.gif

Different skills but same weapon for my 2nd bar ...
    ninja.gif
    Options
  • Ghettokid
    Ghettokid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gonna change back to dual wield/2h just realized it was stupid move to take 2h of.
    Edited by Ghettokid on April 25, 2016 7:00PM
    Options
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's only two stamina heals in the game and one requires a 2h equipped, that's why it's so common. Survivability is more important than dps in pvp
    PS4 / NA
    Options
  • Ghettokid
    Ghettokid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks guys for reminding me why i used 2h!! :smiley:
    Options
  • AfkNinja
    AfkNinja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol guys sorry about that i know many of you (like @AfkNinja ) are better than me. My fun is having good and unique build someone elses may be that they have best build.

Never said anything about me being "better" than you, perhaps try to not be so defensive?

You said stamplar sucks, I merely disagreed. General consensus on the forums is Stamplar is pretty awesome in this patch and many of us are having great success. Perhaps if you gave detailed reasons for your opinion of "Stamplar sux"? Rally is incredible on Stamplar until you get Vigor and still situationally awesome even with it. Playing to the Templar's strengths (healing) isn't a bad idea. Besides, you need to have Major Brutality somewhere in your build, and I prefer to have a Major Brut I can preload before combat (DW requires you to hit an enemy for Brutality).

Edit: Also insults are really low class, c'mon man. "I have still something that you might miss! A life and real friends!!"
    Edited by AfkNinja on April 25, 2016 8:45PM
    Options
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How does the biting jabs + wrecking blow Combo work anyhow? Just unlocked uppercut and trying to get the hang of the combo while leveling
    PS4 / NA
    Options
  • Ghettokid
    Ghettokid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry @AfkNinja that life thing maybe was bit low...

But I will go back to my dualwield/2h build today :smile:

Build I am using right now worked after first DLC. There have been lot of changes and maybe I have to change with it.
    Options