The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Anyone run clone weapons on both bars? I.e. 2h / 2h?

Lynx7386
Lynx7386
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm getting tired of respeccing, but it seems like I just dont work well with any other weapon types. I use 2h on my front bar (stamina nightblade), and for a long time i've used bow on the back bar, but I rarely switch to the bow bar except for some extra buffs and to plink at long range targets sitting on keep walls. I tried dual wield, didnt like it. I've tried 1h/shield, dont really like that either. Neither really seems to provide anything useful to me, maining a 2h weapon.

Is it viable going with the same weapon on both bars, or 2h/2h in this case? It'd save me some skill points (much needed being a master crafter), and allow me to set up like a single-target and aoe bar seperately while maintaining a few extra slots for buffs.

Any opinions?
PS4 / NA
M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And on a somewhat related note, can someone explain how you 'hide' your wrecking blows with other abilities in pvp? I see this done in videos all the time but cant seem to get the hang of it, and I think I need that kind of sudden burst to get more reliable kills.
    PS4 / NA
  • caeliusstarbreaker
    caeliusstarbreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lynx7386 wrote: »
    And on a somewhat related note, can someone explain how you 'hide' your wrecking blows with other abilities in pvp? I see this done in videos all the time but cant seem to get the hang of it, and I think I need that kind of sudden burst to get more reliable kills.

Cast wrecking blow, when your weapon reaches the peak of it's backswing , hold heavy attack. Do it perfectly and the wrecking blow animation is canceled and delivered with heavy attack... Do it less perfectly you get the animation and a medium attack/weave... Weave in other damage skill as you would with a normal weapon attack.
    Rhage Lionpride DC Stamina Templar
    K-Hole
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, I was holding heavy attack immediately after starting the wrecking blow, guess I need to wait a bit longer. It'll take some practice to get the timing down.

Any input on whether it's worth it or viable to run 2h on both bars?
    PS4 / NA
  • caeliusstarbreaker
    caeliusstarbreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, I was holding heavy attack immediately after starting the wrecking blow, guess I need to wait a bit longer. It'll take some practice to get the timing down.

Any input on whether it's worth it or viable to run 2h on both bars?

Unless you really want to run brawler/cleave or want to fit something else on your bar and keep rally on your buff bar... It isn't really worth it. There is enough wiggle room to fit in some other weapon passives like dodgeroll speed from bow, a little extra tankiness and reflect/reverb with sword an shield, or flying blade/tornado/quick cloak on dual wield.

It's not that it is or isn't viable.. It's more of what you are trying to achieve, and if you want to have another skill on your 2h bar so you move rally back to your buff bar.
    Rhage Lionpride DC Stamina Templar
    K-Hole
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My magic templer runs resto staff on both bars, first bar for attack/damge, back bar for healing.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • Mcwoods55
    Mcwoods55
    ✭✭✭
    My magic templer runs resto staff on both bars, first bar for attack/damge, back bar for healing.

I do the same but mingle the bars. I have all attacks on the same button (triangle) Buffs on L1 and R1, then heals on O and X. That way no matter what bar I'm on I can pop a heal or do damage.
  • Stratforge
    Stratforge
    ✭✭✭✭
    The 2h skills you need (imo) are Rally, Crit Rush/Stampede, Wrecking Blow and Executioner. Between those 4 skills you have a gap-closer, high damage CC, heal and an execute. Heck you barely need a back bar lol. I'd throw bow on the back bar just for the dodge-roll speed boost. Couple that with shuffle to get rid of snares and you can get out of bad situations in a hurry. If you want to go in the other direction, sword and board for the reflect could be cool. I don't think going double 2h is going to be optimal because you just don't need that many 2h skills.
    PC NA
    Xbox One NA (retired)
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I run 2x s+b on my mag dk
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Lynx7386 - Alot of tanks double bar sword and shield successfully,
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

• Redn3ck
    Redn3ck
    Double barring 2h only gives you the ability to split wrecking blow and rally on two different bars...unless you're a stam sorc, you can find better spammable dps options then wrecking blow (or any 2h ability for that matter), so it's kinda dumb to run double 2h as a stam build. I can see why a double snb would be useful, but honestly I doubt you'll be able to kill decent players with that setup
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I use double bow in pvp, with marksman set
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I use double sNb for my stamknight, you get that extra set piece with a sword and shield that you dont get with any 2 handed weapon, staff, or a bow.
  • DjKahun
    DjKahun
    ✭✭✭
    I'm getting tired of respeccing, but it seems like I just dont work well with any other weapon types. I use 2h on my front bar (stamina nightblade), and for a long time i've used bow on the back bar, but I rarely switch to the bow bar except for some extra buffs and to plink at long range targets sitting on keep walls. I tried dual wield, didnt like it. I've tried 1h/shield, dont really like that either. Neither really seems to provide anything useful to me, maining a 2h weapon.

Is it viable going with the same weapon on both bars, or 2h/2h in this case? It'd save me some skill points (much needed being a master crafter), and allow me to set up like a single-target and aoe bar seperately while maintaining a few extra slots for buffs.

Any opinions?

I used to run my templar with 2h/2h for a really long time I loved it but it was lacking the mobility so i went 2h/bow so I can sprint really fast when i dodge roll
    ~ Snowborn ~ Ebonheart Loyals ~
    V16 - Stamina Templar - Nord [PS4-EU][Ebonheart Pact]
    V16 - Magicka Sorcerer - Dark Elf [PS4-EU][Ebonheart Pact]
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Major Expedition from the Hasty passive in the bow tree is reason enough by itself to keep bow on your back bar.