The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Xbox One 5500 crown price seems incorrect in Norway, 5500 crowns is twice the price of 3000

lasseb16_ESO4
I notice that the US prices for crowns seems to be this:

3000 crowns: $24.99
5500 crowns: $39.99

If you do the math, the 5500 crowns gives you about 83% more crowns for 60% more money, in other words, the per-crown price gets cheaper for the higher package.

Here in Norway the prices are:

3000 crowns: 199 NOK
5500 crowns: 399 NOK

This means the price here in Norway is 100% higher. The prices translate roughly to $25 and $50.

In fact, you're better off in both real world money and ingame crowns by purchasing 2x 3000 crowns as this will be 1 NOK cheaper than the 5500 package and give you 500 extra credits.

Can this be looked into? I bet this is an oversight somewhere.
  • lasseb16_ESO4
    I was also told that the PS4 prices for the same, here in Norway was this:

3000 crowns: 199 NOK
    5500 crowns: 299 NOK

I find it odd that the Xbox One price is 33% higher for one package and identical for the other so again, I bet this is an oversight somewhere.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That definitely sounds like a mistake.

The UK prices follow the same prices as the US ones: £14.99 for 3,000 and £24.99 for 5,500.

I believe the intention in all currencies is that the higher priced packs work out slightly cheaper per crown so players have an incentive to spend more. Even if that wasn't the case it should at least be the same price per crown.

The prices you're seeing looks like someone accidentally hit 3 instead of 2.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • DragonSamurai360
    DragonSamurai360
    ✭✭✭
    You probably should contact Xbox Support or Elder Scrolls Online Support and have them look into it and maybe they will correct it. Also it would be a good idea to provide screenshots among any other other evidence to support your case, as they will probably be more willing to investigate it if there's some sort of proof to back up your case.
    Edited by DragonSamurai360 on April 25, 2016 9:01PM
  • lasseb16_ESO4
    Elder Scrolls Online support did not want to touch this.

I got two replies from the two support cases I logged with them:

"Elder Scrolls Online is priced comparatively with other AA titles on Xbox One" - meaning, he did not read my support case and thought I complained about the pricing of the game itself.

"You must post on the forum to bring this to the attention of the developers".

I will try Microsoft but I doubt they are interested either, Zenimax or Bethesda sets the prices, not Microsoft.
  • lasseb16_ESO4
    Also, can't do screenshots on the console itself, that only works in games, but I can take a screenshot of the same store data from the Xbox One companion apps on my iPad:

5500 crowns:

OAIW0ob.png

3000 crowns:

izhOR9T.png

PS4:

KVOI1QI.png

NOTE! I am not complaining about the minor price difference from PS4 to Xbox One for the 3000 crowns, these posts are about the prince incongruity between 3000 crowns and 5500 crowns on the Xbox One, the PS4 screenshot is only for comparing the *relative* pricing, not pricing between Xbox One and PS4.

Clearly you can see that PS4 price for 5500 crowns is roughly 60% higher which seems about right, yet Xbox One price is 100% higher.
  • svartorn
    svartorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isn't everything twice as expensive in Norway anyway?