The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Magicka and Spell damage in Character info window question?

flguy147ub17_ESO
flguy147ub17_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
Hey, i know magicka is suppose to increase your spell damage. But last night i was testing something and i took inner light off my bar which we all know increases max magicka but my spell damage never decreased. Is this a bug or is it just not calculated in the character info window?
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weapon and spell damage are not directly increased by magicka/stamina. What people mean when they say that your resource (either magicka or stamina) boosts your damage is that the game factors them into the calculations for light/heavy attack and ability damage.

Simply put, an ability will deal damage based on a combination of your character sheet's spell/weapon damage and your max magicka/stamina.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • flguy147ub17_ESO
    flguy147ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh ok thanks, that's funny then I guess when people are promoting their spell damage only when trying to find groups. Thanks for the clarification I was thinking it boost the actual spell damage numbers.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You should see the difference on your spell toolkit up pop up window on the skill screen if your magicka total changes.

Spell damage is applied after that tool tip. Magicka changes the number itself.
  • Acsvf
    Acsvf
    ✭✭✭
    Magicka does not increase your spell damage.
    @LightArray
    Lightarray Level 50 Dunmer Magicka Templar Healer

CP: 192

Add @Acsvf when quoting me to give me a notification!
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Acsvf wrote: »
    Magicka does not increase your spell damage.

But it increases the damage of many magicka spells.
  • Acsvf
    Acsvf
    ✭✭✭
    @Minalan
    Spell damage and the damage of magicka scaling spells are two entirely different things.
    @LightArray
    Lightarray Level 50 Dunmer Magicka Templar Healer

CP: 192

Add @Acsvf when quoting me to give me a notification!