The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Merge Blackwater Blade and Azura Star After the Dark Brotherhood DLC

kyle.wilson
kyle.wilson
✭✭✭✭✭
I think it would be better overall if Azura Star and BWB were merged in the next DLC update. They are both non-cp and with the removal in vet ranks, this will make them similar. Right now many of the people I've seen playing in Azura Star have less pvp experience than in BWB. Right now I've been split between the campaigns. With AD taking all the keeps in BWB making a boring time. And DC's constant zerg down of any attempt to take a keep (possibly egged on by previous behavior by a former AD emp and EPs refusal to participate in the campaign). I've had as much success fighting in AS as I've had in BWB.

Both of the campaigns have suffered major population drains in the last few months.
  • bitaken
    bitaken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it would be better overall if Azura Star and BWB were merged in the next DLC update. They are both non-cp and with the removal in vet ranks, this will make them similar. Right now many of the people I've seen playing in Azura Star have less pvp experience than in BWB. Right now I've been split between the campaigns. With AD taking all the keeps in BWB making a boring time. And DC's constant zerg down of any attempt to take a keep (possibly egged on by previous behavior by a former AD emp and EPs refusal to participate in the campaign). I've had as much success fighting in AS as I've had in BWB.

Both of the campaigns have suffered major population drains in the last few months.

Translated: Azura Star was a really fun campaign for AD where we had all the buffs, all the keeps and 20 people to respond to anything the enemy did. Then another DC guild came along and took away all the toys and stomped the zerg. Now, there is no one to play with on the server.

Don't worry...one particular DC guild will be leaving. While the AP is fantastic...the competition is below par. You will have your nice yellow buff server again I am certain. Though....we may visit from time to time :wink:
    PvP Lead Officer for Einherjar

Member of Einherjar and associated guilds since 2001

A multi Gaming community of players.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. The build diversity due to lower level class and weapon skills is part of what makes BWB great. Merging it with Azuras will just replicate the build meta in vet campaigns.

BWB was created well before CP existed, because vet pvp was not inviting or enjoyable for most lowbies or new players. Merging it with Azuras undoes the entire reason for BWB to exist.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is a truly terrible idea.

Nonvet is a lot more than just no CP. The build diversity Reverb mentioned due to limited skills, gearset variety due to different dropsets being available, a designated training campaign where we can help newer players...

Additionally, BWB can actually be competitive. I don't think new Azuras has been yet, both on an individual and an AvA basis.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Vindemiatrix
    Vindemiatrix
    ✭✭✭
    Population was good on Azura for both AD and DC (consistently 2 bars min both factions during prime time) up to last few days of the campaign when AD realized they couldn't win and abandoned ship. Merging the two would create a population nightmare equivalent to that on TF along with its signature lag. No thanks. As a V16 with capped CP's who has grown to love PvP in Azura, I hope they maintain the current structure. I look forward to a more balanced population when the campaign starts anew.
    Guildmama: AssemblyOfSafetyNSecurity
    Vindemiatrix, V16 DC DK, Master Angler
    holee hand grenade, V16 DC Templar, Master Angler
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    would be a bad idea... that would be basically saying.... that would allow all current v16's with maxed out everything go up against brand new to cyrodiil players.... granted the v16's would no longer be "v16's" but they would still be maxed out on everything.... which would give them a complete advantage over someone lvl 10 just entering cyrodiil for the first time
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
  • Abra
    Abra
    ✭✭✭
    I hope they do not merge both.
    BWB should stay the map to learn pvp and start to know your class or experience build/help new starters etc... with no vet rank
    Azura is a good map with no cp; perhaps restrict it from v1 to vr15 like BWB as too many Vr16 just come here to farm lower levels and noobs as they pretend to be looking for good fights.
  • mcurley
    mcurley
    ✭✭✭
    It would be nice to have a non-CP campaign with a healthy population.

BwB is a great place to learn how to play... but in my experience there are just as may new players running around in AS as there are in BwB... and there are also just as many "experienced" players running around in BwB as there are in AS.

I would welcome this merger with open arms.
    Edited by mcurley on April 28, 2016 1:24PM
    For the Covenant!
    Svvord - magicka NB
    Lavv - magicka DK
    Povver - stamina NB
    Psylint - stamina NB
    Yelruc - magicka Sorc
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I look forward to a more balanced population when the campaign starts anew.
    Nope, we're still getting farmed at the gates, and the empress is still racing to whatever bloodmayne resource we've taken trying to establish a foothold.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »
    Nope, we're still getting farmed at the gates, and the empress is still racing to whatever bloodmayne resource we've taken trying to establish a foothold.

Nope, I was, indeed, afk fishing most of the night. In fact, I asked DC not to push those gates, and when whispered by an AD group I told them to take their keeps back and left.

The, what, 3 times I showed up at Bloodmayne is because I literally had been standing around for hours doing nothing and perhaps wanted to fight something. Take back some keeps, PLEASE.

Also, please don't blame me for the DC zerg. I play mostly solo and small group. I try telling them things in zone, they don't listen to me. It's really not my fault that they decide to push keep after keep. We've asked them constantly to allow AD to have a foothold. Actually, DC zone chat yesterday fought over this exact issue.

Don't worry, I'll be on another faction next cycle, and DC will continue to gate camp AD and then who are you going to blame?
    Edited by DisgracefulMind on April 30, 2016 8:59AM
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • Suru
    Suru
    ✭✭✭✭

From what I saw and heard tonight, AD thought it was a good idea to throw their bodies at bloodmayne for the ENTIRE night. Its not like they had blackboot to go to, which was another keep they did not own unfortunately. If something does not work the first few hundred times, then eventually you should change something up. What you guys were doing, obviously wasn't working.

Suru
  • Nightenhowl
    Nightenhowl
    ✭✭✭
    A Lv10 with blue gear verses lv50s with gold gear, monster sets and maelstrom weapons equals bad mix. Bwb should be from 10-49 in DB.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @DisgracefulMind @Suru

Sorry, it was just a frustrating evening last night. The local AD are really difficult to herd in any direction, and I feel like I'm always outnumbered 4 to 1 if I try to do anything. I've tried leading pug groups, giving them advice in zone, pointing them to different targets, but at some point I just give up and try to get what AP I can. So I was solo the whole time. And to be fair, I only ran into you Karstyll once at the end of the evening, at which point the frustration hit its peak and I ended up over here to vent (which is not the thing to do, I know).

Only one attempt was made at black boot that I recall.

Sorry for steering this off topic. Although I don't think we should combine them, v16s mixed with fresh level 10s is silly, even with no CP.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @DisgracefulMind @Suru

Sorry, it was just a frustrating evening last night. The local AD are really difficult to herd in any direction, and I feel like I'm always outnumbered 4 to 1 if I try to do anything. I've tried leading pug groups, giving them advice in zone, pointing them to different targets, but at some point I just give up and try to get what AP I can. So I was solo the whole time. And to be fair, I only ran into you Karstyll once at the end of the evening, at which point the frustration hit its peak and I ended up over here to vent (which is not the thing to do, I know).

Only one attempt was made at black boot that I recall.

Sorry for steering this off topic. Although I don't think we should combine them, v16s mixed with fresh level 10s is silly, even with no CP.

I understand, it was the same when DC was pushed back as well. However, the map looks great today, and I'm eagerly waiting a glorious dethrone =D
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • Vodka
    Vodka
    ✭✭✭
    You can't merge the two.

BWB will still be non-vet meaning you will only be able to wear gear up to Lvl49 or maybe 50 once DLC comes out

But Azura's Star will still have no CP but they will still be able to wear CP Gear (Vet Gear)

I dunno that's what I'm assuming

EDIT:
    In other words vets will be able to enter BWB once DLC comes out since they will be Lvl 50 but they won't be able to wear CP Gear. They will only be able to wear gear up to lvl 49 or 50.
    Edited by Vodka on May 3, 2016 2:47PM
    | Calling all Aldmeri Dominion | Agents of the Dominion | Recruiting All AD |
    | Add @Morckie in Game | Discord: https://discord.gg/MhrDxqe |
  • Enraged_Tiki_Torch
    Enraged_Tiki_Torch
    ✭✭✭
    What so BWB can be another buff campaign or just a bunch of AP zergs running around? NO TY.
    My solution to Champion Point System here
  • kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bitaken wrote: »

Translated: Azura Star was a really fun campaign for AD where we had all the buffs, all the keeps and 20 people to respond to anything the enemy did. Then another DC guild came along and took away all the toys and stomped the zerg. Now, there is no one to play with on the server.

Don't worry...one particular DC guild will be leaving. While the AP is fantastic...the competition is below par. You will have your nice yellow buff server again I am certain. Though....we may visit from time to time :wink:

I'm not sure you understand how to read. I specifically said that I left campaigns because they were being zerged down. But, since the buffs no longer work outside of Cyrodiil, there is no "buff" servers anymore.
  • kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A Lv10 with blue gear verses lv50s with gold gear, monster sets and maelstrom weapons equals bad mix. Bwb should be from 10-49 in DB.

I personally know several people that have gold gear for lvls 40 and 45. Is that fair for the lvl 10 with non-set green armor. Hardly.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I personally know several people that have gold gear for lvls 40 and 45. Is that fair for the lvl 10 with non-set green armor. Hardly.

While this is true, this disparity would be much, much larger if they were to merge Blackwater and Azuras.

There really would be two types of players in there, farmers and the farmed.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Epic idea keep BWB just for New PvPs. I was there before it waa non-CP and it put me off PvP totally.

Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My level 12 character has a hard time right now staying alive in BwB, not sure how I could possibly fight a Vet without getting 1 shot.

I would be stuck on siege for a very long time.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vamp_emily wrote: »
    My level 12 character has a hard time right now staying alive in BwB, not sure how I could possibly fight a Vet without getting 1 shot.

I would be stuck on siege for a very long time.

I'm sure there are many lvl 10s that were killed in this exact same way by you recently. BTW, there are non-vet chars that play in Azura star now.