Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Unknown file error and error 6 after that

cezarelstyle
cezarelstyle
Soul Shriven
Hi . I wonder what is happening , because this is my third time i download this game . First time it worked , but after a few hours i received "error 6" after pressing play .
I reinstalled my windows , because " repair " didn't work . I downloaded this game again . At 0.83 mb remaining it said " unknown file error " , after i opened again the launcher , it began to download from the beginning .
After download i pressed start and my friend " error 6" showed up .
I deactivated the firewall, antivirus too , then i tried to reinstall the game .
And... again , at 1,xx mb remaining it said " unknown file error " , and it started to download again . After that my dear friend " error 6" showed up again .
All my drivers are up-to-date , my antivirus and firewall are deactivated , i don't have internet problems . I don't know what the problem is .
I wrote a ticket 1 day ago , but no one responded .
Now i'm trying to " repair " it with " repair " option , but it will stop at some point , and i wonder if i should wait or i should give up .
  • cezarelstyle
    cezarelstyle
    Soul Shriven
    I solved the problem with Tweaking.com-Windows repair v.8.6 . After i used it " repair " option finally worked .
    My HDD had a problem , that's what this program reported .