The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Gear levels post DB.

Jaiden
Jaiden
✭✭✭
With the removal of vet levels in DB, is there any info on how gear will be reorganized? Like will v1-v16 gear all be made into level 50 gear with equivalent stats? Or will they be locked according to current CPs? I'm curious cuz I have a few older lower level sets like morag tong and dreugh king/ravasher that I just couldn't get myself to decon and would love to see these viable again.
Jaiden V16 nightblade

That's all I got, 1 toon.
  • Sunburnt_Penguin
    Sunburnt_Penguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Although not confirmed, what they've said they will still be level locked but by CPs rather than Vet Rank
  • Jaiden
    Jaiden
    ✭✭✭
    So with the CP lock, does this mean a V1 hunding rage set will now be equivalent to a v16 set statwise when reverted back to level 50?
    Jaiden V16 nightblade

That's all I got, 1 toon.
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So with the CP lock, does this mean a V1 hunding rage set will now be equivalent to a v16 set statwise when reverted back to level 50?

Probably not, from what they've said so far a vr1 piece would become a cp10 piece, requiring 10 cp to equip, and having mostly the same stats as before.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • DanteVFenris
    DanteVFenris
    ✭✭✭
    wayfarerx wrote: »

Probably not, from what they've said so far a vr1 piece would become a cp10 piece, requiring 10 cp to equip, and having mostly the same stats as before.

the bigger question is will this mean new characters will instantly be the same level as your main? Thats something that is both nice as the grind in eso is far too much but also kinda sad as id like a bit of content for alts.

Also would this mean that lets say i have 500 cp Ill already be at the requirments for dlcs for the next 5 years?
  • mr_wazzabi
    mr_wazzabi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wayfarerx wrote: »

the bigger question is will this mean new characters will instantly be the same level as your main? Thats something that is both nice as the grind in eso is far too much but also kinda sad as id like a bit of content for alts.

Also would this mean that lets say i have 500 cp Ill already be at the requirments for dlcs for the next 5 years?
    Yes.
    That's the whole point of removing vet ranks. They want to make it easier for you to level other classes to play end game content with.
    You can always do cadwell silver and gold for the skill points and skyshards.
    Bosmer Stamina NB
    Altmer Magicka TEMP
    Dunmer DK both stam/mag (depends what I feel like)
    Altmer Magicka NB
    Breton Magicka Sorc
    Redguard Stam Sorc
    Max CP
  • clayandaudrey_ESO
    clayandaudrey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Q2: What the removal of Veteran Ranks will do to currently owned VR level gear.

RL: The current gear that you have will be converted to Champion Points. So a VR14 piece of gear will changed to CP140 gear. If you are a player that stopped playing before CP were introduced and you are VR14 without the CP required to equip that gear then we will give you the CP required. You will always be able to wear the gear that you have currently which I think is a really important thing.

From the DB round table thread on general.