The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Shields and Resistances/CP/Armor

Lord_Wrath
Lord_Wrath
✭✭✭✭✭
Not pertaining to any particular class. Do shields (or specific shields, I used hardened ward) gain any benefit with champion points into hardy and other such champion stars? Does armor and spell resistance have any effect as well?
1300+ CP | Lørd Wrath | - Sorcerer - Palatine - Grand Master Crafter - 30000 Achievement Points
Launch Player - PC - NA - EP
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No they only get "buffed" with bastion only and needs to stay that way.
  • Xeven
    Xeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I hate to *** in your cheerios, but elemental defender and hardy work with wards. Armor resistances however, do not.

Edited by Xeven on April 22, 2016 7:43PM
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xeven wrote: »

I hate to *** in your cheerios, but elemental defender and hardy work with wards. Armor resistances however, do not.

This is correct.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Then it needs to un-work and only work with bastion. Damage shield are already grossly OP and broken and don't need any more CP to make them even more OP.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Then it needs to un-work and only work with bastion. Damage shield are already grossly OP and broken and don't need any more CP to make them even more OP.

Shattering blows will counter hardy and elemental defender on shields.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »

Shattering blows will counter hardy and elemental defender on shields.

Oh yea yea that's what they said about shield breaker. Shield breaker will take care of damage shields no problem.

No sorry but no besides shatter blows only helps when you have have DPS to back up the bonus damage it adds. Shatter blows was another attempt from ZOS to band aid the damage shield problems just like shield breaker
  • Lord_Wrath
    Lord_Wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the answer @Xeven.
    1300+ CP | Lørd Wrath | - Sorcerer - Palatine - Grand Master Crafter - 30000 Achievement Points
    Launch Player - PC - NA - EP
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only damage shield worth using is sorc exclusive. Might not be such an issue if dk's and templars had shields that scaled off of resources instead of health, and the same for bone shield.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Healing Ward and it's varients, also annulment is one of the best shields out there, for any magicka build. (Especially NBs that stack it with healing)
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds