Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Which Style

Brunoad
Brunoad
✭✭✭
Is there a way to tell which style a piece of equipment is? Does it say somewhere?
  • Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ask the player wearing it screenshot post it on the forums and ask.

Alternatively, OP you can use websites such as ESO fashion and armour by style & weight and compare to figuire it out.

There is no such function for now but in the DB news article it seems you will be able to buy a feature like that from the crown store.
    @Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."
  • Ritzey01
    Ritzey01
    ✭✭✭
    If you mean a dropped piece in your inventory i recently for the addon called Craftstore and it will tell you on the item info window what style it is. Its a nice perk to that addon.
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Assuming OP is in PC: There is also an addon, Harven's Trait and Style. CraftStore is excellent addon, but very big one for just to show the style.

If not on PC, send a bug report to ZOS. This should be in base game tooltips really.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Duiwel wrote: »
    There is no such function for now but in the DB news article it seems you will be able to buy a feature like that from the crown store.

They're just going to allow people to preview crown store motifs before they buy them. It won't affect in-game crafting or loot drops at all.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • Brunoad
    Brunoad
    ✭✭✭
    helediron wrote: »
    This should be in base game tooltips really.

I completely agree. This appears like a major oversight by Bethesda. I often have people ask me what style I am wearing and I feel very dumb when I can't tell them, without some lengthy out-of-game research.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Style of an item should be part of the tool tip.

For example, I was making some set items one time for two different players. Of course each had their style preferences, so I made what they wanted and then went to send them on. Only I could not tell what was what until I left the game, found an addon, loaded it up, then restarted the game to see what I had just made. I have since learned to do one order at at time, even with the addon.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• C0wrex
    C0wrex
    ✭✭✭✭
    It would be nice if ZOS were to include tooltips to let you know which style the armor is using. Makes it easier for players to check around if this is the style they want.

On a side note: I think ZOS should implement a gear preview system :D
    "We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will, to strive, to seek and not to yield."

-Tennyson, Ulysses