The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

dungeon finder

Leviona
Leviona
Soul Shriven
I resently started to do silver pledges ( or "try to get them done" would prolly be more correct) with my second toon, a nightblade dd. Havent used dungeon finder much before she got to vet levels because they are sort of "ben there done that". My main is a templar healer and im used to inste grp with her and I was abit supprised about the queue times for dd. Afte 1 1/2 hour in queue I usually just give up on them. I mean ONE HOUR AND 30 MIN IN QUEUE......SERIOUSLY? Is this a typical low-vet problem (V2 atm), ot is it just as bad for V16? Standing still i Whyrest screaming out in chat all evening doesnt sound lik much fun either. I have considered to respec into resto heal but not sure if its viable (Breton). Gonna miss my templar burst heal for sure. Any opinions out there? (Im on EU pc btw).

Cheers
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The most common role for dungeons is DPS, so those probably take the longest to fill. I have never tried to use the Group Finder for Pledges, I would think most people who do Pledges might have a group they already work with, or do them through their guilds. So, DPS for Pledges may very well take the longest in Que for those above two reasons.

However I have used the Group finder with preformed groups and for random dungeons and it seems to get my DPS in with out too much wait time.

I think some people still have long wait times in various situations and they are working on the issues surrounding that.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Leviona
    Leviona
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks for feedback. I guess I have to get myself into a decent pve guild :smile:
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have one DPS character, and she is still a baby. I always group with with a tank or healer before using the group finder though. DPS has a huge waiting list compared to tanks or healers - so if you're looking to get into groups fast it's best to a have a roster full of them (tanks/healers).

It won't be a low level problem because the grouping tool scales you up - the tool doesn't care what level you are.

So... my thoughts are - find a tank or healer to group with (from guild maybe) before joining the queue. Or, turn that NB into a healer! I bet it would make you an even better healer on your Templar actually, since you won't have that burst heal to rely on for your NB - you'll find better ways to help on your templar rather than relying on that burst heal.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Leviona
    Leviona
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks, I will give healing a shot at least just so I can get the undaunted passives...sad thing about the too though...
  • lolzbuckets
    lolzbuckets
    ✭✭✭
    I don't buy it. This game just has a really bad or really underused group finder.

I, a newly-minted level 10, just spent over an hour in the group finder.

It deposited me in a VR16 dungeon, with a VR16 party.

Again, I was not VETERAN RANK 10. Just level frickin' 10.

This post accurately describes 99% of my experiences with the group finder, both on the PS4 and the PC.

Edit: holy crap, am I drunk? I keep on typing the wrong words! GROUND AND GROUP ARE NOT THE SAME, FINGERS.
    Edited by lolzbuckets on April 24, 2016 1:23AM
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't buy it. This game just has a really bad or really underused group finder.

This post accurately describes 99% of my experiences with the group finder, both on the PS4 and the PC.

Edit: holy crap, am I drunk? I keep on typing the wrong words! GROUND AND GROUP ARE NOT THE SAME, FINGERS.

Aaaaaand there goes post #4683465242 about why level 10/20/40 gets placed in vet 16 dungeon with v16 people.
    Sorry, I'm not saying it's your bad, just upset with ZOS' inability to explain how its own game functions work.

The thing about groupfinder is it scales everyone to v16 and then puts everyone in v16 version of the dungeon. Look at your character sheet while you're there, your stats will be MUCH higher than they're normally. However you don't have most skills/passives at level 10 yet, nor do you even have weapon swap, so you might still have some issues even when scaled. In this case you might want to either level up some first or avoid groupfinder as it will scale you every time(it's not actually such a dumb thing to do, before it started doing that it was literally impossible to ever find a group with it since you needed everyone to be on the same level with you). You could find a group using zchat or try to make some lowbie friends.

To OP - nothing to do with vet level, you get scaled to v16 when using groupfinder anyway. There are way too many dds and way too few healers and especially tanks using it though. Try running with friends/guildies perhaps, or if you are interested in that you could try out healing, NB healers are actually really good and they can put out some decent off dps as well :)
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@lolzbuckets Figured I would ping you so you can read the post after yours in this thread. You are battle levelled up to VR16 when using the group finder. You can see it by opening up your character sheet when inside a dungeon that you used to group finder to get into.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • lolzbuckets
    lolzbuckets
    ✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »

@lolzbuckets Figured I would ping you so you can read the post after yours in this thread. You are battle levelled up to VR16 when using the group finder. You can see it by opening up your character sheet when inside a dungeon that you used to group finder to get into.

Thank you both for replying, though I had actually figured this out by the time you did, let alone by the time I saw your reply.

The fact that I had no appropriate gear - even scaled up to vr16, it was just white loot - and no skill points were my primary issues. That and the fact that, evidently, my party was composed of people in the same situation, based on our DPS and combined ability to clear random minion waves.

This seems like a poor design for a dungeon grouping tool, especially considering its inability to offer ETAs with anything remotely resembling accuracy. If I wait nearly two hours for a group of lowbies who have been artificially boosted up to VR16 and have no idea how to behave in a dungeon to all leave ten minutes in, and 90% of what I see about the duty finder is similar complaints to the ones I'm making, I begin to feel like the issue is with the tool, not with me.

It was flaky back when I had level capped characters to queue up for it, but my experience since switching to the PC has been significantly worse.
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

The fact that I had no appropriate gear - even scaled up to vr16, it was just white loot - and no skill points were my primary issues. That and the fact that, evidently, my party was composed of people in the same situation, based on our DPS and combined ability to clear random minion waves.

This seems like a poor design for a dungeon grouping tool, especially considering its inability to offer ETAs with anything remotely resembling accuracy. If I wait nearly two hours for a group of lowbies who have been artificially boosted up to VR16 and have no idea how to behave in a dungeon to all leave ten minutes in, and 90% of what I see about the duty finder is similar complaints to the ones I'm making, I begin to feel like the issue is with the tool, not with me.

Well look at it this way - it revealed the flaws in your build for you to start working on improving them sooner rather than later ;)
    For starters try to find someone to craft you green/blue set gear, a lot of people would do that for free(especially if provided mats) even(if you're PC NA, I can craft for you easily enough, I have heaps of upgrade mats). Grab a Mundus stone and don't forget to slot some potions(dropped ones would do, those will scale as well so might come in handy). Try to find some food as well - if you have no interest in learning provisioning yourself you should be able to find some at guildtraders I think. That alone should significantly lessen your issues. You'll still be missing skills of course but battle leveling does its best to compensate for that by giving lowbies ridiculously high base stats based on their gear so I believe you'd be fine, if a bit slow.

What it really could use is some kind of explanation on how it works though, I definitely agree there.
  • Fukutsu
    Fukutsu
    ✭✭
    So I really like the idea of the dungeon finder, and once i realized it was there I began experiencing group content for the first time.

However, most of my experiences have been poor. It takes anywhere from an hour up to just under four hours! When I finally do get a group, it doesnt always work out for the best. Sometimes I get a dungeon like the white tower, which has been too difficult for every group i've been with so far.

Also, after waiting hours, I have twice had the group leader immediatly break up the group in the first 10 seconds.. I don't even get to travel to the dungeon, and the hour long wait is restarted. This seems unfair to me.

It also becomes problematic because I cannot switch characters or log out for hours without losing my spot in the queue.

I have had a few great experiences, and have even conquered one of the dungeons with a 3 manned dps group. It was so fun.

Overall, I would like to see improvements to this part of the game because it seems like it should be one of the best parts; I wouldn't even mind the waiting an hour, if the group actually worked out after all the wait. After endless wait times, several dungeon failures, and a couple of immediatly disbanned groups, I have to concluded the dungeon finder to be broken. Instead of finding it rewarding to play in a group, i feel like I clear game content and progress more quickly playing solo than using the dungeon finder, despite the bonuses for completion.

Lets get this fixed.
  • ForsakenSin
    ForsakenSin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just wondering if anybody is having this problems , when im with 2 people and go to dungeon finder and click on search, it dose not allow me to Queue ( im on xbox) no matter how many times i try still nothing ( ps yes i am a leader )

before the dlc it was so easy 2-3 people i click on the Queue and we find other people to join however now it dose not work ?

when im solo and try to to find people to join i click on search and i do get Queue time.

anybody has same problems or maybe something has changed ?
    "By many i am seen as hero...as a savior of the Tamriel i will not stop until every Daedra every evil there is in Tamriel is vanquish by my hands..
    However i do this for my own purpose to gain trust of mortals to worship me and to eliminate my competition i will not bend my knee to lead your army to serve you Molag Bal , i will simply just take it from you.."--- Forsaken Sin( Magica Sorc)

Arise From Darkness Forsaken SIn
    "You have been a loyal High Elf Magica Sorc
    Conjure of Darkness, Master of Magic
    Killer of Molag Bal and Savior of Ebonheart Pact
    Until Dark Brotherhood killed you...
    but now..NOW its time to Arise From Darkness once again..."

• disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I do not have a problem jumping into the queue, even with two of us already grouped.

The delays in getting into a group are not level specific - I have waited an hour or more with my Vet 9 DPS before calling it quits while my two tanks are usually in inside 5 minutes. If you can pre-group your DPS with a tank or healer you will get in quicker.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On PS4 NA I find that tank and healer is always a fast group using group finder. With DPS I find that the quiet times of day on the server the que tends to be shorter. So early morning US East Coast or right when the daily changes over are usually faster for Vet pledge group finder groups.
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs