The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

New aussie player here! With a few questions :)

zeoncloud
zeoncloud
Soul Shriven
Hey there fellas, I'm a new player in ESO and I'll be playing with a friend in PS4 but we haven't started yet. I heard there is this 'Alliance vs Horde' thing like in WoW, and I was wondering which one have the most aussies out there or during AEST timezone. I'm all-rounders which means I like to PvE as well as PvP. I care nothing for the strength population in pvp of a faction but only to play with people in my timezone. So... For which alliances have the most player during AEST timezone? Also, is there any classes I should be avoiding due to *** internet with probably 200-300ms ping since I'm from Melbourne (fun fact: Australia ranks 44th in internet speed). I know some people will think... "Oh just play whatever class you want to play you think is fun", but ohhh boy, just try living in Australia and play an MMOPRG with servers all the way in the US.
Thank you!
  • Spliffo
    Spliffo
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm on xbox but Aussie ping really isn't to much of an issue in pvp, sometimes it's noticeable but some of the best papers on xbox are Aussies.
  • AlphaCrucis
    AlphaCrucis
    ✭✭✭
    zeoncloud wrote: »
    Hey there fellas, I'm a new player in ESO and I'll be playing with a friend in PS4 but we haven't started yet. I heard there is this 'Alliance vs Horde' thing like in WoW, and I was wondering which one have the most aussies out there or during AEST timezone. I'm all-rounders which means I like to PvE as well as PvP. I care nothing for the strength population in pvp of a faction but only to play with people in my timezone. So... For which alliances have the most player during AEST timezone? Also, is there any classes I should be avoiding due to *** internet with probably 200-300ms ping since I'm from Melbourne (fun fact: Australia ranks 44th in internet speed). I know some people will think... "Oh just play whatever class you want to play you think is fun", but ohhh boy, just try living in Australia and play an MMOPRG with servers all the way in the US.
    Thank you!

I am just getting back into ESO, after a few months off. I was in an all Aussie guild that had over 50 members, unfortunately i don't think any of them play any more. In saying that though i do hear quite a lot of Aussie people chatting in the public chat areas so it might be worth playing with the AD alliance. Good luck
    Australian, Aldmeri Dominion
    Altmer, Dragonknight (mag), Damage Dealer
    Brenton, Templar, Healer
    Bosmer, Nightblade (stam), Damage Dealer, PvP
    PS4, NA Server
    Guild Member Of: Brotherhood of Bogans