Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Question about dungeon levels

Drag0nstarz
Drag0nstarz
Soul Shriven
Hey,

I used the activity finder on xbox one earlier to try and get into a group and do the dungeon at the top of Auridon map. (can't remember the name of it) I have a quest tied into it that's level 12 but the dungeon was scaling to veteran level 16. I'm level 25 so yeah, I was getting wiped out.

Is this always what happens when you search for it on the activity finder? Am I better off trying to get a random group outside the dungeon to do it?

Also I bought theives guild and orsinium dlc's. Is it best to wait until later to start those?

Thanks in advance.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi, the finder scales everyone up to Vet 16, to allow different level players to play together fairly. So you will be 'leveled' up just lacking on having all your abilities etc unlocked. Just make sure you pick normal dungeon. First option is Veteran (which is just that and hard until you have the build / know how)
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Drag0nstarz
    Drag0nstarz
    Soul Shriven
    Beardimus wrote: »
    Hi, the finder scales everyone up to Vet 16, to allow different level players to play together fairly. So you will be 'leveled' up just lacking on having all your abilities etc unlocked. Just make sure you pick normal dungeon. First option is Veteran (which is just that and hard until you have the build / know how)

Cool thanks, Yeah that makes sense. I have spent quite a few points in crafting already so I'm not at my best with the skills yet.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey,

I used the activity finder on xbox one earlier to try and get into a group and do the dungeon at the top of Auridon map. (can't remember the name of it) I have a quest tied into it that's level 12 but the dungeon was scaling to veteran level 16. I'm level 25 so yeah, I was getting wiped out.

Is this always what happens when you search for it on the activity finder? Am I better off trying to get a random group outside the dungeon to do it?

Also I bought theives guild and orsinium dlc's. Is it best to wait until later to start those?

Thanks in advance.

Banished Cells is the dungeon you are talking about. I will say it is one of the harder Group Dungeons out there (for the natural level it is). However, it's not so much your levels but your gear and skill loadouts that can, not will, but can, give you issues to deal with.

First, the battle scaling scales you and your gear, but you get more scale with better or rather improved gear. Also, set bonuses scale and at L25, unless you have a high level crafting alt, your probably not going to have a Crafted Set of Gear (Ashen Grip or Night's Silence for example).

Skills, well, you probably do have a decent skill set, maybe not all the morphs you need, but BC is designed for L14ish players, so the mechanics and mobs don't require a full skill load out.

So, long story short, The first two zones of dungeons are probably best done normally (not through the group finder).

As for Orsinium and Thieves.

I think you could do some or most of the Thieves right now, but the daily quests may send you to places your not ready for. Although, the Dailies do not require combat in most cases, the TG Quests do have combat, but it should be OK.

Orsinium, I would say wait on that for the simple reason that you can level a VR12 character to VR16 just by doing the zones content and some dailies up there. Although, depending on how you do the base game content, you could be at VR16 before you finish or even see all the content. But, it's good to keep in your back pocket so to speak to help with end game leveling.
    Edited by Nestor on April 19, 2016 5:29PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• ForlornBeliever
    If you enter into a group dungeon without using the activity finder, the dungeon will scale to your group leader's level like it used to do. It was much better that way.
    Leader of the Bloodborne Rogues. Werewolf looking for a pack or want to be a werewolf? Or just looking for teammates to take on Tamriel's baddies? Feel free to message me if you have questions or are interested in joining. Xbox One/NA Server
  • Drag0nstarz
    Drag0nstarz
    Soul Shriven
    Nestor wrote: »

Banished Cells is the dungeon you are talking about. I will say it is one of the harder Group Dungeons out there (for the natural level it is). However, it's not so much your levels but your gear and skill loadouts that can, not will, but can, give you issues to deal with.

First, the battle scaling scales you and your gear, but you get more scale with better or rather improved gear. Also, set bonuses scale and at L25, unless you have a high level crafting alt, your probably not going to have a Crafted Set of Gear (Ashen Grip or Night's Silence for example).

Skills, well, you probably do have a decent skill set, maybe not all the morphs you need, but BC is designed for L14ish players, so the mechanics and mobs don't require a full skill load out.

So, long story short, The first two zones of dungeons are probably best done normally (not through the group finder).

As for Orsinium and Thieves.

I think you could do some or most of the Thieves right now, but the daily quests may send you to places your not ready for. Although, the Dailies do not require combat in most cases, the TG Quests do have combat, but it should be OK.

Orsinium, I would say wait on that for the simple reason that you can level a VR12 character to VR16 just by doing the zones content and some dailies up there. Although, depending on how you do the base game content, you could be at VR16 before you finish or even see all the content. But, it's good to keep in your back pocket so to speak to help with end game leveling.

Thanks Nestor, That's really helpful info. I have a few pieces of the night's silence set but not enough research so far for any more pieces. I try to craft my gear to keep it near to current level. I'm an experienced gamer but I'm new to mmo's so just trying to pick it all up as quick as possible.

That's good about the dlc's because I wanted to do the thieves guild first, mostly because I like the skill line and the setting.
    If you enter into a group dungeon without using the activity finder, the dungeon will scale to your group leader's level like it used to do. It was much better that way.

Ok cheers, That's good to know. Sometimes it's a pain trying to get into a group. I might look into joining a guild soon.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok cheers, That's good to know. Sometimes it's a pain trying to get into a group. I might look into joining a guild soon.

What platform are you on? If PC/NA, send me an email in game to @Nestor and I can get you hooked up with a couple of active guilds that can help out with dungeons and such.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Drag0nstarz
    Drag0nstarz
    Soul Shriven
    Nestor wrote: »

What platform are you on? If PC/NA, send me an email in game to @Nestor and I can get you hooked up with a couple of active guilds that can help out with dungeons and such.

Thanks. I play on Xbox & PC but I'm in the UK unfortunately.
    Edited by Drag0nstarz on April 20, 2016 9:44AM