Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Cant find a good DK magicka DPS build. Help!

guangui
guangui
✭✭
Hi forum people,

I searched online for a DPS build but i cant find one. They give me tanking build do maybe i should do that. I feel like the DK has low dps potential. Does anyone have a build for a level 50 DK? currently using dual wield.
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For pvp?
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cuyler wrote: »

While a good build, it is now outdated.

@Love Wizard Stuff needs updates, stay true to mag DKs >:-)
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    **Gear setup**
    -- Armor
    Julianos x5
    Willpower x3
    Nerieneth **or** Kena x2
    -- Weapons
    Maelstrom inferno staff (or a crafted inferno staff with nirnhoned) for single target
    Maelstrom inferno staff or Dual Wield (Torug if DW, everything nirnhoned) for AoE
    • Setup with destro / destro
    Single target bar
    1. Burning Embers
    2. Flames of oblivion
    3. Inner Light
    4. Molten whip
    5. Engulfing flames
    6. (R) Meteor (any morph) (mostly slotted for the extra 2% max magicka)

AoE bar (Destruction staff)
    1. Burning Talons / Elemental Ring (can use Pulsar if you don't like swapping too much)
    2. Elemental Blockade
    3. Inner Light
    4. Inhale (any morph) / Proxy detonation
    5. Eruption
    6. (R) Standard of Might

If using DW for AoE, swap Flames of Oblivion and Elemental Blockade, and you'll have to use Burning Talons instead of Impulse.

**Rotations**

Assuming you already know how to weave, I won't add the light attacks:

AoE rotation (complex):
    Eruption, Elemental Blockade, (Inhale, Engulfing flames, Burning Talons)*

Repeat the * part, refresh Eruption and Elemental blockade when possible

AoE rotation (simple):
    Eruption, Elemental Blockade, (Inhale, Burning Talons, Burning Talons)*

Single target rotation:
    Fully charged Heavy attack (only the first attack)

Eruption, Elemental Blockade, Engulfing flames, Burning Embers, Flames of Oblivion, (Molten Whip)*

Refresh DoTs whenever possible, spam whip otherwise

**Extras on resource management and useful stuff**
    • This is supposing you got a healer putting Elemental Drain / Siphon spirit on your enemy, which, coupled with potions and a fair amount of CPs, make magicka management quite easy
    • Don't forget to drop the AoEs for some bosses, Burning Talons comes first, and leave room for Harness Magicka or equivalent.
    • Deep breath (Inhale morph) has some strong utility to it. Interrupting NPCs (healers especially) can make quite the difference.
    • You have a LOT of DoTs, invest in the Thaumaturge CP star. I'd need extra analysis to give you an exact % of the Dot's damage in your total damage tho, so I can't give you an exact setup for CPs.
    • Your source of Major Sorcery (+20% damage) comes from either potion, or another DK in the group. If you don't want to use potions and don't have someone willing to buff you up, you can swap Inhale for Entropy
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
  • guangui
    guangui
    ✭✭
    Im a brand new 50 and probably dont have access to all that gear but i will work on leveling a staff. It seems like a good idea.

And im talking for PvE
  • Love Wizard
    Love Wizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asmael wrote: »
    **Gear setup**
    -- Armor
    Julianos x5
    Willpower x3
    Nerieneth **or** Kena x2
    -- Weapons
    Maelstrom inferno staff (or a crafted inferno staff with nirnhoned) for single target
    Maelstrom inferno staff or Dual Wield (Torug if DW, everything nirnhoned) for AoE
    • Setup with destro / destro
    Single target bar
    1. Burning Embers
    2. Flames of oblivion
    3. Inner Light
    4. Molten whip
    5. Engulfing flames
    6. (R) Meteor (any morph) (mostly slotted for the extra 2% max magicka)

AoE bar (Destruction staff)
    1. Burning Talons / Elemental Ring (can use Pulsar if you don't like swapping too much)
    2. Elemental Blockade
    3. Inner Light
    4. Inhale (any morph) / Proxy detonation
    5. Eruption
    6. (R) Standard of Might

If using DW for AoE, swap Flames of Oblivion and Elemental Blockade, and you'll have to use Burning Talons instead of Impulse.

**Rotations**

Assuming you already know how to weave, I won't add the light attacks:

AoE rotation (complex):
    Eruption, Elemental Blockade, (Inhale, Engulfing flames, Burning Talons)*

Repeat the * part, refresh Eruption and Elemental blockade when possible

AoE rotation (simple):
    Eruption, Elemental Blockade, (Inhale, Burning Talons, Burning Talons)*

Single target rotation:
    Fully charged Heavy attack (only the first attack)

Eruption, Elemental Blockade, Engulfing flames, Burning Embers, Flames of Oblivion, (Molten Whip)*

Refresh DoTs whenever possible, spam whip otherwise

**Extras on resource management and useful stuff**
    • This is supposing you got a healer putting Elemental Drain / Siphon spirit on your enemy, which, coupled with potions and a fair amount of CPs, make magicka management quite easy
    • Don't forget to drop the AoEs for some bosses, Burning Talons comes first, and leave room for Harness Magicka or equivalent.
    • Deep breath (Inhale morph) has some strong utility to it. Interrupting NPCs (healers especially) can make quite the difference.
    • You have a LOT of DoTs, invest in the Thaumaturge CP star. I'd need extra analysis to give you an exact % of the Dot's damage in your total damage tho, so I can't give you an exact setup for CPs.
    • Your source of Major Sorcery (+20% damage) comes from either potion, or another DK in the group. If you don't want to use potions and don't have someone willing to buff you up, you can swap Inhale for Entropy

In my opinion, twice born star is better, but that's just my few cents.
    @IWM - EU - Member of Hodor
    Mashinate - Highelf Nightblade (Inactive)
    Love Wizard - Dunmer Dragonknight (Inactive)
    Godblade - Highelf Nightblade (Active)
    Mashixo - Dunmer Sorcerer (Inactive)
    Hjelmi's Sister - Dunmer Nightblade (Inactive)
    Mashiex - Orc Nightblade (Active)
    Beaminate - Dunmer Templar (Inactive)
    Kittynate - Khajiit Nightblade (Inactive)
    Godmancer - Orc Necromancer (Active)

Server: EU || Guilds: Hodor & Banana Squad || Previously Zerg Squad || Nightblade Lover

Scores: vMoL - 170840 | vSO - 177392 | vHRC - 159696 | vHoF - 221111| vAS - 115810| vCR - 132661 | vBP - 101083 | vSS - 247438

Achievements: Tick Tock Tormentor x3 - Immortal Redeemer x6 - Gryphon Heart x5 - The Unchained x1 - Godslayer x1

Worlds First Vet Maw of Lorkhaj Clear (Hodor! & Hodor!)
    Worlds First Vet Halls of Fabrication HM Clear - Worlds First vHoF Speedrun(Hodor!)
    World Record for All Trials Pre Thieves Guild Patch (Hodor!)
    Worlds First Tick Tock & Disassembly General (No death speedrun HM vHoF)
    Worlds First vAS Hardmode
    Worlds First Cloudrest clear, and hardmode
    Worlds First Cloudrest HM Nodeathspeedrun (Gryphon Heart)
    Worlds First Blackrose Prison clear
    Worlds First "The Unchained" title (vBP speedrun, nodeath, no sigils)
    World Record for all the Trials (Murkmire)
    Worlds First Godslayer