Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

House Ruptga

romarymj
romarymj
~
House_Ruptga.jpg
~
http://houseruptga.enjin.com/home
~
HOUSE RUPTGA
(Pronounced Roopt-ga)
~
About Us:
~
House Ruptga is lead by the prophet Uedo Ruptga (Mr Romes' main charachter). All genders, races, and species are welcome. We believe in defending the poor, learning the way of the walkabout, and enjoying horns of warm mead at The Sweetwater Inn.
~
(We are a growing guild that will work with you to help expand your gaming experience. Whether that means casual play, hardcore RPing, socializing, grouping, PvP, PvE, providing forums & a website, or just giving you an awesome tabard, we will work with our members to increase their immersion in ESO. Once you join you will be sent a personal message from Mr Romes with a gift and the opportunity to be promoted to your desired ranking. If it is RP you are looking for, contact TheFlyingGolem. Leave a comment below or message Mr Romes in the game or on X Box live to join. Whether you are more of a solo player, team player, or someone who wants to get creative and help design and shape our guild, we would love to have you!)
~
We are divided into 7 ranks:
~
Squire of the House
Recruits learning the way of the walkabout.
(New members)
~
Knight of the Far Shores
Warriors specializing in either attacking enemies or defending us.
(Tanks & DPS)
~
Warlock of the Walkabout
Mages specializing in either keeping us alive or killing the enemy.
(Healers & DPS)
~
Goldsguard of Tall Papa's Bank
Guardians of the coin specializing in growing our bank.
(Money makers & managers)
~
Maester of the Way
Masters of our history & religion specializing in defining who we are. Select few.
(Lore writers & Decision Makers)
~
Lordsguard
Elite members of the Guild. Make strategic decisions and lead the way in battle.
(Officers & VR16s who run the guild)
~
Lord
The leaders and prophets of our house.
(Leader)
~~~

History of the House:

House Ruptga was founded when the controversial and infamous Redguard healer, warrior, & prophet, Uedo Ruptga (Mr Romes), which translates to "Son of Ruptga," met Harkon the Swift, Father of the Lordsguard (TheFlyingGolem). Harkon was the first man to believe Uedo Ruptga's claim as the son of the Redguard God who is commonly referred to as "Tall Papa." Ruptga named him the leader of the Lordsguard and together they began spreading the Way of the Walkabout. (For more information on the "Way of the Walkabout," visit the Religion & Philosophy section of our forums.)

Uedo Ruptga's infamy revolves around his drinking habits. He has been known to proudly claim that he has been drunk since his 13th birthday. Born as an orphin under mysterious circumstances, he was raised by the owners of the Sweetwater Inn, a small tavern and hostel in the east of the Alik'r Desert. He was constantly surrounded by Redguard Sword Singers, hard drinking, religious men who would shout and argue about women, politics, and more often than not, religion. During a typical night sweeping the floors and clearing the tables for these Sword Singers, a fight broke out. Confused by the chaos, one of the Singers slashed Uedo across the chest. What followed can best be described by Uedo himself, the only living witness to the event.

"All I remember is becoming blinded with rage. I didn't feel any pain, just rage. I shouted into the sky, to the Tall Papa, asking him to rain lighting down on the man who opened me up with his sword. Dozens of lightning bolts crashed through the ceiling, killing every Singer in the Inn, including my own (foster) father. After it was all over I noticed that the wound on my chest had all ready began closing back up and I was rapidly returning to full health."

In an attempt to escape his guilt and depression over the death of his foster father, Uedo left the Inn and began drinking his way around the realm.

"I became depressed. I was only 13 and spent my whole life around Sword Singers. All I knew to do was to fall back on alcohol and religion."

Living drunk and homeless among the poor he began cultivating and utilizing his powers to both defend and heal the less fortunate, earning their praise. Some even began calling him the Son of Ruptga, or Uedo Ruptga. However, the governments and authorities of Tamriel disregard him as a drunken, radical, religious zealot with only a few gullible followers. In response, Uedo established his own House and began to build it into a respected force in defense of the poor, despite his reputation as an unpredictable & unreliable leader known to be gone and unreachable for days at a time while out on drinking binges that he refers to as spiritual "Walkabouts." This surprising success is attributed his followers, a dedicated group of warriors who are loyal to the cause and continue to keep House Ruptga on the rise.

House Ruptga's sigil is two footprints with a sword between them. The footprints represent the poor and the sword represents the need to defend them. They wear white tabards with a black foot print and are known to wear black armor from head to toe beneath their pale white tabards when fighting together in battle.

(I've never RP'd before so let me know if you liked this, hated this, or if there is anything I can do differently, edit, or improve. In our guild, Maesters are encouraged to continue to add things that they believe belong in the "History of the House" section of our forums, whether they are stories that they "researched," accounts they "discovered," or actual things that happened in the game.)
  • jarnkoldur
    jarnkoldur
    ✭✭✭
    I witnessed you guys develop in TESO RP, best wishes for you and the guild your creating. If ever I should travel XBOX ESO I shall gladly join your ranks.
    "And when the truth finally dawns, it shall dawn in fire!"
  • romarymj
    romarymj
    Thanks! We'd love to have you!
  • Krist
    Krist
    ✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately I am PC but very nice background for the guild! Good luck.
    "Krist the Lionheart? No. Lionheart was my dog" -Krist
    "Darling, if looks were everything, I would be king of the world" -Luke
    "That place, between day and night, that purple color just before dark, that is where you will find me"- Hughe
  • romarymj
    romarymj
    Thank you!

House Ruptga welcomes both of you into it's ranks if you are interested! We offer our website for your use and could create a PS4 & PC section of our Forums. There is no reason we can't exist across multiple platforms.

Let me know!

• romarymj
    romarymj
    In fact I just did! There are now specific sections of our forums for XBO, PS4, & PC/MAC, but most of the discussions will pertain to all members, regardless of which system they use in game.

Most of our RP activity is going to be through our website, so being open to all platforms & allegiances will be a major benefit to our growth. I hope you both will consider joining!
  • jarnkoldur
    jarnkoldur
    ✭✭✭
    I appreciate the offer Romarymj, I shall have to consider it. (^_^ )
  • romarymj
    romarymj
    Who is Ruptga?

"Pretty soon the spirits on the skin-ball started to die, because they were very far from the real world of Satakal. And they found that it was too far to jump into the Far Shores now. The spirits that were left pleaded with Tall Papa to take them back. But grim Ruptga would not, and he told the spirits that they must learn new ways to follow the stars to the Far Shores now. If they could not, then they must live on through their children, which was not the same as before. Sep, however, needed more punishment, and so Tall Papa squashed the Snake with a big stick." — Satakal the Worldskin

Ruptga, more commonly Tall Papa, is the chief deity of the Yokudan pantheon. He was the first god to figure out how to survive the Hunger of Satakal. Following his lead, the other gods learned the "Walkabout", or a process by which they can persist beyond one lifetime. Tall Papa set the stars in the sky to show lesser spirits how to do this, too.[1] It's said he was able to do this due to his enormous size.[2] When he undertook this endeavor, he created a purpose for Tu'whacca, the Yokuda god of souls and caretaker of the "Far Shores", who helps Redguards find that place of waiting between worldskins after death. He sired many children, earning him his moniker of Tall Papa, and when there were too many spirits to keep track of, Ruptga created Sep out of the dead skin of past worlds.[1][2]

Sep was supposed to help him regulate the spirit trade, but Sep could not think straight in his hunger, and Ruptga sometimes had to reach into Sep to save spirits his helper had eaten.[2] Sep convinced other spirits to help him build an easier alternative to the Walkabout, even though Ruptga did not participate or approve. When the plan proved to be a failure, leaving many spirits stranded on a dying patch-work worldskin, Tall Papa punished Sep for trapping the spirits.[1] Legend says he squashed Sep with a big stick for leading so many into a place where they could not reach the Far Shores, and Sep's hunger fell out. However, he refused to save the stranded spirits who had allowed Sep to trick them, instead proclaiming that they would have to find new ways to jump to the Far Shores.[2]

Redguard myth holds that Leki was Ruptga's goddess daughter, and Morwha was his favored wife. After the creation of the world, his son Zeht, an agricultural deity, renounced his father, which is why Tall Papa makes it so hard to grow food.[1] One elven scholar wrote he was the most popular god of the Redguard tradition, along with his children Leki, Hunding, and Ansei.[3]

1 Varieties of Faith in the Empire — Brother Mikhael Karkuxor
    2 The Monomyth
    3 Pocket Guide to the Empire, 1st Edition: Hammerfell — Imperial Geographical Society, 2E 864

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Ruptga
  • Vastorus91
    PS4 really needs more of this... :'(
  • romarymj
    romarymj
    Vastorus91, I'm copy pasting much of a reply to a similar post I just made over at teso-rp.com, but I think it applies here too...

I would be happy to support a PS4 division of our guild. I have some ideas of how this could work. RPing on console is still a relatively new and untapped frontier so in order to make it happen I believe all of us interested in it should team up and get creative. There are ways we can use experienced RPers to benefit our guild regardless of their platform.

The responsibility can be as little as just an advisor or as much as that of a "dungeon master," -- creating and organizing RP nights etc.. My strengths are getting people together, creating structures, websites, organization, delegation, etc. -- basically general management. My weakness is my lack of RP experience and inconsistency in availability in game (I'm on a lot, just not at consistent times. However, I am always available on the web.). What I need is a team of imaginative people with the initiative and availability to run the actual day to day operations required for a successful RP guild. I have some ideas about how to modify traditional RP to better suit the console platform and am looking for a team of experienced RPers to bounce the ideas around with and then eventually execute them. Again, if you two or anyone else are interested, please let me know and we will get things rocking and rolling!
  • jarnkoldur
    jarnkoldur
    ✭✭✭
    @romarymj
    If you desire you can join my guild's website and likewise I shall join uours and perhaps you can garner some ideas to better assist you in RPing.

Let me know.
  • Bonzodog01
    Bonzodog01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So...is there a branch on the Xbox EU? I haven't seen any RP guilds on the EU server as of late.
    Xbox One - EU - EP/DC
    Trying and failing to hold the walls of his Templar house up since 2015
  • jarnkoldur
    jarnkoldur
    ✭✭✭
    I doubt that there is an EU branch, but perhaps you should consider moving to NA for your RP needs.
    Edited by jarnkoldur on May 6, 2016 3:59PM
  • Faded_Legend
    Faded_Legend
    Soul Shriven
    I will put this frankly, I'm very much interested in a RP Guild such as this. My main character is a proud Nord, fighting under the banner of the Ebonheart Pact. To think that such a guild as this is promising even through text as the attention to detail is clearly present in the post. I enjoy casual play as much as the next player, but to see a fellow enthusiastic roleplayer is like witnessing a turtle riding a crocodile, which is pretty cool to see. I'd definitely join the guild and learn more whatever there is to know, and I'd be interested in other guilds like this too. Great post so far, you've put real passion into it.
    Geralt Whitemyre, Nord Dragonknight
    "We were forged in war. The Akaviri threatened our homes and our very lives. My hands once use to shake when holding my weapon. I had seen bloodshed and experience loss. After the war... My hands had stopped shaking."
  • mystic_gc525
    My wife and I play together on PS4 NA, Daggerfall Covenant. we would love o play to with any of you! We have never RP;d but we play really slow together and pay attention to detail. we play what we call ENAC : Ever Nook And Cranny. exploring every dungeon and finding every chest... taking our time to enjoy the full game. We're always up for dungeons, trials or whatever.

message me if interested!
    PS4 NA
    PSN: Mystic_gc525
    Atmun Yzir - LVL 41 Templar Battle Mage
    Roshan Solas - LVL 32 Dragon Knight Spell Sword
    Theodastyr Arc'hantael LVL 10 Sorcerer Spell Sword