The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Oh where, oh where, have the alliance motifs gone...

FortheloveofKrist
FortheloveofKrist
✭✭✭✭✭
In the first week after the TG release I found about 5 motifs, a couple Covenant and a few Pact with my two mains. But since then I haven't seen anything. Did they change the drop rate to...I don't know...zero? Do they no longer drop from the basic chests in IC and only the Arena chest and the portal chests? I even have the champion points allocated for better quality items in chests. Nada.

Any input would be helpful. Thank you.

• Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The first week of a new launch and the motif's associated with it are always high. After that, the drop rate is lowered to prevent a flood of motifs and to keep the demand for them somewhat high. It's like that for all 'new' gear.
  • FortheloveofKrist
    FortheloveofKrist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can see that, but I've opened about 200 chests since the first few drops and got one motif. Seems a bit low. Maybe just bad RNG luck?

Edited by FortheloveofKrist on April 15, 2016 10:43PM
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same. After the mob spawn rates were set back to normal (from instaspawm) they gutted the alliance motif drop rates.

Nothing like rewarding those who farmed the bugged Arena 24/7
  • Pomaikai
    Pomaikai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They still drop from chests?
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pomaikai wrote: »
    They still drop from chests?

I got one from an IC chest last night. Just one of the regular chests that spawn in the sewers. Of course it was dominion axes again.
  • MisterBastahrd
    MisterBastahrd
    ✭✭✭
    I'd be willing to trade some of my Pact motifs away for equivalent motifs in other alliances on PS4 NA. I'll even throw in a few Xivkyn.
  • FortheloveofKrist
    FortheloveofKrist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd be willing to trade some of my Pact motifs away for equivalent motifs in other alliances on PS4 NA. I'll even throw in a few Xivkyn.

Those Xivkyn became worthless pretty fast, didn't they?

• krees28b14_ESO
    krees28b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Those Xivkyn became worthless pretty fast, didn't they?

Supply and demand. Everyone was farming for rings and those motifs. The pages drop regularly and people demanded them. Once they have them you do not need another set. So the supply stayed high but the demand dropped off. The rings are the same issue. Willpower rings used to sell for 350k+ each but now around 80k each with agility being more than that. The supply is still there but the demand for them has dropped considerably.
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I been getting magicka willpowers for under 5k a peice on traders and reselling for 20k not sure any one buys for 80k still. Though I'm on xbox.
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • chaserstorm16909
    chaserstorm16909
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Would you be willing to trade for other pact motifs you don't have? I have shields, daggers, chests, belts, and helmets to get rid of. I need legs, shoulders and staves.