The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Newbie to Dungeons: How would you expect a Sorcerer to behave in your group in Fungal Grotto?

TiltedEvo
TiltedEvo
I got into my first group within ESO which is Fungal Grotto, I was shortly ejected by my group.

How would you expect a Sorcerer to behave in your group in Fungal Grotto?
  • TARAFRAKA
    TARAFRAKA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It may not be anything you did. They may not have liked it if you were under v16 or if you were a Argonian magicka sorcerer DD carrying a sword and board. People tend to kick others if they suspect their build is unconventional or a hybrid or if they think the person is too low of a rank to have enough experience doing that particular dungeon. I don't agree with it but it does happen.
    Also, it may not have been any of that at all. Some people kick others in order to get their friend in and still get the xp bonus for using group finder.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...killing the things!

But also - agreed on the above post, there can be alot of motives / judgement.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Basically, most people are accepting enough to let you go through a trash pull or two before asking you what your build is like (if even applicable at that point). And as the above said, there are always those that want min max for convenience, and will kick anyone wearing cloth if they have a tail.

Best advice is to join a guild, and cue with one other person if not. If either of you has crown it SHOULD follow, meaning you won't get kicked. Nothing stopping others from leaving though, but that is out 1, not out 3.
  • TiltedEvo
    TiltedEvo
    So basically, the people I was playing with, were *** and I should join a Guild to find nicer people to play with? lol
  • Fignutz821
    Fignutz821
    ✭✭✭
    when were you kicked? right away or after fighing some ads? I would assume your DPS being a sorc, if your not killing things effectively than your probably not going to complete the dungeon and why do I want to spend hours in fungal grotto just to fail! what level are you? as the second poster said it all pretty much most lower level vets will get the boot. I like to give people a shot at least at a first boss, but if I explain the mechanics to you and we still continue to fail then I'm not going to keep trying.
    Edited by Fignutz821 on April 15, 2016 6:07PM
    CR 561+
    LV 50 Nord Dk tank/stam DPS (stormproof)
    LV 50 High Elf Sorc DPS (flawless)
    LV 50 Argonian Templar Helaer (yes its a lizard, SMH)
    LV 50 Breton NB magicka DPS (stormproof)
    LV 50 Imperial Stamplar (Jabicus)
    LV 50 khajit Stamblade (Panthrro from the thunder cats)
    LV 50 Redguard stamsorc (stormproof/AD spy)
    LV 50 Dark Elf Magic DK (stormproof/ DC spy)

All characters are NA EP xbox1 (I bleed red)
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First of all, you need to have some kind of aoe spell for mob packs. Impulse (last spell of destro staff)+liquid lightning (storm calling) will be great for your char. If you dont have impulse yet, put lightning on the group, use elemental wall, lightning form to do aoe damage.
    For bosses, you need a spammable attack (and its NOT crystal fragments). Use force shock from destro staff.
    Also, do not use pet builds in dungeons, unless you solo them.

And f course, play smart and dont stand in red circles and block mobs heavy attacks. And stick to your role (dps, healer or tank), do not spam heals if you joined as a dd for example. Later on, you'll be able to add dps on support role, but while youre learning, play one role at once.
    Edited by LadyNalcarya on April 15, 2016 7:14PM
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • Bofrari
    Bofrari
    ✭✭✭
    This is easy to fix man just goto setting and turn off the enable to to get kicked option then no one can kick you.
  • TiltedEvo
    TiltedEvo
    JDC1985 wrote: »
    This is easy to fix man just goto setting and turn off the enable to to get kicked option then no one can kick you.

I cannot see that option? Where abouts is it please?
  • Luigi_Vampa
    Luigi_Vampa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    First tell us what you did. Your build, level etc... And then we might be able to find out why you were kicked. ie: you're a heavy armor wearing sorc hard casting crystal frags.
    Edited by Luigi_Vampa on April 15, 2016 9:11PM
    PC/EU DC
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

That was mean lol.
    TiltedEvo wrote: »

Nowhere. He/she/it is just trolling you.

That aside, it's pretty much been answered already. There isn't quite enough information in your first post to give a definitive answer - what role were you trying to perform(and queued as)? If you were dps, were you doing any significant damage? If you were healer, were you succeeding at keeping you teammates up? If you were tank, were you taunting? Did you die? Did they say anything to you before kicking you? Could be that you were underperforming in your role(which is more than understandable in your first dungeon, what level are you?), could be they just wanted to get a friend in instead or whatever. Kicking someone without an explanation whatsoever is mean either way imo.

However, you did get some solid advice up there;) I'm just going to add it may generally be a good idea to tell people it's your first time in the dungeon so they don't try to rush through and yell at you if you don't know mechanics. Not everyone is going to be patient with a newer player(such is the nature of people), but a lot of us will be, just let us know you need it because unless you're level 12, by now people usually assume it's your run #554285391 of the place and get frustrated if it turns out you can't keep up with them ;)
  • Bofrari
    Bofrari
    ✭✭✭
    TiltedEvo wrote: »

I'm sorry man I was messing with you what server are you on? I'm on na pc if your on the same platform I could take you through some runs I just made my 5th new vr16 and I need some undaunted exp anyway.
  • Bofrari
    Bofrari
    ✭✭✭
    Just let me know what server your on and your @name and if on were on the same ill get with you and help you out.
  • TiltedEvo
    TiltedEvo
    Just let me know what server your on and your @name and if on were on the same ill get with you and help you out.

My name is @TiltedEvo and im EU PC.

• TiltedEvo
    TiltedEvo
    Typhoios wrote: »
    First tell us what you did. Your build, level etc... And then we might be able to find out why you were kicked. ie: you're a heavy armor wearing sorc hard casting crystal frags.

lol exactly that!
  • Walties99
    Walties99
    ✭✭✭
    On your main bar, hardened ward and overload. On all your other bars since you get 3, hardened ward and overload.
  • Greydir
    Greydir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Evo
    There are a couple of things which can lead to you being kicked.
    Some of those things are related to communication problems. If you are new to a dungeon and do not know the mechanics, please say so to your group. Especially in a weaker group it is more important to know the mechanics of bosses.
    Secondly please communicate with your teammates if you have trouble with some mechanics. If you ask nicely, most players will not mind explaining the mechanics to you. If they kick you because you are inexperienced, than you might be better of at the moment anyways since you will learn much less in said group anyway. Communication is a important Factor of playing in a Group.
    Second thing: be aware of the rather, and regrettably steep learning curve this game offers. The PvE Solo areas are considarably easier than the 4 Person Dungeons, which are in turn again very easy compared to the Trial content. Variations exist of course, but in general the PvE Solo Level content is effordlesly playable without good equip, buffood and a distinct role. In Dungeon Groups in turn, especially if you are a newer player, you should have a basic understanding of your role and try to fullfill it as good as possible. Important again is the communication, that you still are learning and are new to this kind of content.
    Basic things that will help you in Group Content if you are new(er) :
    1) Play to your selected role - there are possibilitys for hybrid play in the simple group content, and especially the supportroles of Tank and Heal may have some leeway to strengthen the group via buffs and additional damage, but only if they do not let their main roles slack
    2) Buffood and Stat rising Buffood at that, not the regeneration stuff, is nearly mandatory for PvE groups, especially since the damage of your abilitys scales of the Maximum of the stat they are using. In general for DD and Heal Blue buffood Max Life and Magica/Stamina is what you want. As a Tank it is to your liking to use blue or purple food, Green food is generally inferior (there might be some exeptions but those are cornercases)
    Ebenherzpakt
    Sir Greydir - Dunmer DK
    Don Greydir - Kajit NB
    Ser Greydir - Imperial DK
    Dieser-Greydir-Heilt - Argonier Templer
    Greydir Finsterklinge - Bretone NB
    Greydir Drakenson - Nord Hüter
    Clear: vAA HM - vHrC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF TTT - vAS [+2] - vCR [+3] GH - vSS HM - vKA HM - vRG
  • Kozai
    Kozai
    ✭✭✭
    Also, do not use pet builds in dungeons, unless you solo them.

I was in a dungeon with a sorcerer the other day using pets and sometimes throwing a light staff attack. My tank was doing more damage than she was. We didn't kick her, but we are a pretty forgiving lot and were willing to 3-man it. The point is, as others said, nobody is going to kick you for being a sorcerer, what they MAY kick you for is signing up as a dps but not putting any out, or signing up as a healer and not healing, etc. People may be even less forgiving if they ask you about what is going on, and you don't respond, so communicate. The hard core dungeoners who can't stand anyone less than elite in play skills don't typically do dungeons with strangers anyway, just selected guild mates, so you probably won't find anyone too strict.

If you are new to it, announce that up front. If they can't stand it and kick you right away, it saves you a lot of time making it part way through then getting kicked when they see you botch something.