The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Digital Art Newbie (new stuff)

Rilves
Rilves
✭✭
Hi, I've recently been introduced to Digital Art and I made my first artwork.
This is my templar with no face because that's hard to draw. Lol.
Feel free to critique, give opinions, or tips. :smiley:

EDIT: I'm planning on posting more photos of my artwork in this thread to share and hopefully I improve in the future.

L5bd4Qp.png

My second drawing. Yass
21lixq9.png

My Sorc
Z50Eorg.jpg

My Khajiit
14alf0z.png
Edited by Rilves on July 1, 2016 12:20AM
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd buy that costume off of the Crown Store asap if I saw it. Just saying :)
  • Rilves
    Rilves
    ✭✭
    Edited by Rilves on May 6, 2016 10:43AM
  • Rilves
    Rilves
    ✭✭
    Going to work on my khajiit now :smile:
  • SlayerSyrena
    SlayerSyrena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice! Keep up the good work.
    Ebonheart Pact
    All PC/NA, Level 50 * Current Champion Points: 930
    Cyndril - Bosmer Vampire Nightblade - Dual Wield Blades and Bow
    Saryn Duskbringer - Altmer Vampire Sorcerer - Destro and Resto Staves
    Valmion Hlaalu - Dunmer Templar Healer - Resto and Destroy Staves
    Solus Lighthawke - Altmer DK Tank- Sword n' Board and Greatsword
    Stitches-for-Riches - Argonian Templar Healer- Resto
    Ashiran Zahuluu - Dunmer Stam Sorc - Dual Wield Blades and Bow
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Kivian Nightshade - Altmer Magicka NB - Destro/Resto Staves
    Daggerfall Covenant
    S'rala Sugar Claws - Khajiit Stamina Sorc - Dual Wield and Greatsword

Member of the closed early beta group, The Psijic Order
    Guest on first ESO Live
    My ESO fan art and comics
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good stuff
    Edited by Mojmir on May 7, 2016 7:04AM
  • cauxiq
    cauxiq
    ✭✭✭
    You've got a great grasp on anatomy—keep up the good work!!
    ★ Namira's Test Group | House Dathromir | ESO Blog
    ✧*.¸.·✧·:.¸.·*☆*:。.:・*·.✧.·*.¸.·✧·:.¸.·*☆*:。.:・*·.✧.·*.¸.·✧·:.¸.·*✧
  • Rilves
    Rilves
    ✭✭
    Aw thanks so much guys :smile:
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good job ! I remember when I first started back in 2002 . Went from photoshop to Mia Brice an Lightwave . This is great start . Keep it up and let Us see more as you progress on your characters !
  • Resfeber
    Resfeber
    ✭✭✭
    These are really cool! Love the poses! And its always really cool to see someone go the painterly route. People often get caught up in drawings/lines. Can't wait to see more progress :)

A tip, since you inquired: For the skin you start to lose the surface areas in places. For example, the chest is blending into hte arms in the first picture, and you also lose some of the really good shading in the second picture around the neck and chest. A good place to start fleshing that out would be to either start adding in line or start bringing in more contrast: ie. darker darks and lighter lights. You do a great job of that on our lovely elf separating her face from her neck.
    Resfeber (n.): the restless race of the traveler's heart before the journey begins, when anxiety and anticipation are tangled together; a travel fever that can manifest as an illness.
    [Jan '14 Beta Tester]
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rilves wrote: »
    Hi, I've recently been introduced to Digital Art and I made my first artwork.
    This is my templar with no face because that's hard to draw. Lol.
    Feel free to critique, give opinions, or tips. :smiley:

EDIT: I'm planning on posting more photos of my artwork in this thread to share and hopefully I improve in the future.

L5bd4Qp.png

My second drawing. Yass
    21lixq9.png

My Sorc
    Z50Eorg.jpg

Nice artwork.Your top one without the face? Why? I noticed you added faces to the other two.
  • Rilves
    Rilves
    ✭✭
    Resfeber wrote: »
    These are really cool! Love the poses! And its always really cool to see someone go the painterly route. People often get caught up in drawings/lines. Can't wait to see more progress :)

A tip, since you inquired: For the skin you start to lose the surface areas in places. For example, the chest is blending into hte arms in the first picture, and you also lose some of the really good shading in the second picture around the neck and chest. A good place to start fleshing that out would be to either start adding in line or start bringing in more contrast: ie. darker darks and lighter lights. You do a great job of that on our lovely elf separating her face from her neck.

Hiii! Yeah the shading always breaks my momentum. It's also very tricky to organize layers which I'm always working on improving. Thank you so much for the feedback!! :smiley:
    Volkodav wrote: »

Nice artwork.Your top one without the face? Why? I noticed you added faces to the other two.

The top one doesn't have a face because it's my very first drawing and I didn't know how to proportionate the face into his body xD
    Edited by Rilves on May 13, 2016 3:18AM
  • Rilves
    Rilves
    ✭✭
    My khajiit named Flavescent is done lol
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really hope you're new to Digital drawing and not drawing in general, cause making THESE with no practice is incredibly unfair! You're really skilled/talented, it doesn't even matter if you didn't give that guy a face, I think it actually gives the image more of a quality.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well Done! :)
    Edited by k9mouse on May 14, 2016 1:40PM
  • Rilves
    Rilves
    ✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    I really hope you're new to Digital drawing and not drawing in general, cause making THESE with no practice is incredibly unfair! You're really skilled/talented, it doesn't even matter if you didn't give that guy a face, I think it actually gives the image more of a quality.

hey thank you so much! :smiley: I think I improved a lot ever since i downloaded new brushes for the software I use to draw.
    k9mouse wrote: »
    Well Done! :)

Thank you :)
  • Rilves
    Rilves
    ✭✭
    This pretty cat was my entry for ETU's colouring contest sponsored by the talented @Meilinka shes the best by the way. She has amazing outlines for adults to color for fun and please check her out; she has a facebook page here. https://www.facebook.com/CandidEquineArt/

So yeah here's my entry yass
    2j0in9s.jpg