Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Xbox player trying to level up blacksmithing

guangui
guangui
✭✭
Hi everyone,

As you know leveling blacksmithing can be tedious, I'm barely level 8 and would like to get some help speeding it up. If anyone has any crafted blacksmith items they would dispose of i ask kindly that you instead donate them to me. I'd highly appreciate any donations towards my road to black smith level 50.

Regards,

Guangui

• ThePMSBeast
    ThePMSBeast
    ✭✭
    Steal , steal and steal more my friend and DC the crap out of them. You don't need to launder them first either, just fill up your bags with gear/weapons from merchants, bags , delves etc etc and then DC away.

I hear ya , i am also leveling up my Blacksmithing but truly unless you had Vets tossing your gear left and right, you won't get enough "donations" to really make a dent in your leveling.

Best bet is to take an hour a day and just steal everything , even clothing and woodworking because you never know if you want to level them as well someday yes?

Good luck future forger!

(by forger i mean as in anvil and stuff, not counterfeit checks ..mmm yes, cleared that up. )
    Edited by ThePMSBeast on April 14, 2016 4:47PM
    " I know from righteous, I know from sin. I got two sides, and they both friends "
  • guangui
    guangui
    ✭✭
    You know it's funny. I tried the whole *whispers* stealing, thing and the bar doesn't much up much. Could it be because they're iron equipment? Would it be better with the next level and so forth?

I fed my woodworking one green staff and it went from level one 0 xp to level two. Blacksmith inst like that for some reason.

I'll keep on *looks around* rearranging city equipment into my anvil.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Steal , steal and steal more my friend and DC the crap out of them. You don't need to launder them first either, just fill up your bags with gear/weapons from merchants, bags , delves etc etc and then DC away.

Items marked stolen do not give much inspiration, like 300 points worth for deconning a Blue VR16 item. Have to be laundered first, and when laundered, can't go to 0 value.
    guangui wrote: »
    You know it's funny. I tried the whole *whispers* stealing, thing and the bar doesn't much up much. Could it be because they're iron equipment?

No, its because they are stolen.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

As you know leveling blacksmithing can be tedious, I'm barely level 8 and would like to get some help speeding it up.

Is your character level 8 or Blacksmithing is level 8? Because there is no reason to out-level your character on Blacksmithing unless you want to make things that are above your characters level.

If your character is high level, then just decon the mob loot you get.

If your character is low level, then decon the mob loot you get and it will level along with your character just fine.

In other words, you want to level Crafting, decon Mob Loot

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• guangui
    guangui
    ✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

As you know leveling blacksmithing can be tedious, I'm barely level 8 and would like to get some help speeding it up.

Is your character level 8 or Blacksmithing is level 8? Because there is no reason to out-level your character on Blacksmithing unless you want to make things that are above your characters level.

If your character is high level, then just decon the mob loot you get.

If your character is low level, then decon the mob loot you get and it will level along with your character just fine.

In other words, you want to level Crafting, decon Mob Loot

I am level 26 currently and i didnt know stolen loots gives less!

Wow, thats gonna save me some time now lol
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Do the crafting writs as well, they all add to it too
  • Kozer
    Kozer
    ✭✭✭
    As other people have said...Steal stuff. What you pick up is tied to your level so you will always get a flow of bars and what not by stealing armor and weapons and then deconstructing them