The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

The Nightblade Adventurer's Build (Solo/PVE)

emily3989
emily3989
✭✭✭✭✭
This is for those that want to run through the regular PVE storyline of the game, PVE DLC, etc. It is based on the concepts of VARIETY and IMMERSION and just plain FUN.

PVP? This should probably be the last sentence you need to read.

Role-player that just can’t seem to figure out the whole stamina/magika what I want to do with my ESO life? It might be worth a look.

Or maybe you just want to make an alt for a little strange on the side to get away from the grind? If you are strictly a FOTM or min/max person, don’t waste your time.

It is not a hybrid build, but a 2-build combo designed to be able to swap your playstyle fairly cheap and on the fly.

Okay, the basic concept here is to be able to switch from a magika build to a stamina build on the fly and almost seamlessly. It will require about 175 skill points to do this (this is w/o crafting, legerdemain, thieves guild type stuff). If you want to start out with just one of the two builds due to lack of skill points, you should be up and running with about 75, ~100 to complete each one, which is explained below.

RACE
Whatever you want, definitely not a game-breaker for any regular game PVE content.

ATTRIBUTE POINTS
All into health. (Reasons are: survivability, not needing to go to a respect shrine every time you want to swap out builds (something you could do, but would incur having to travel and additional costs for the swap), gear and champion points are the counter for this).

GEAR (going to eventually need 2 sets, one light, one medium)
Gear here is kind of important, you are going to need it to counter the fact that all your attribute points are in health, esp. if you have no champion points.

I suggest multiple sets (w/ 2-3 item bonuses that give max/regen to stat) and try to get divine on all of them. As far as enchantments, anything max/regen of magika or stamina, depending on if it is your light or medium set.

The reason for all divine is you can up your crit chance/regen/max stat simply by changing your mundus stone, depending on where you are weak at that particular time.

CHAMPION POINTS
This is really going to have to be magika or stamina based, so this is the one recurring cost when swapping between the two, but is only 3K a pop, and you can do it anywhere. If there was a way to effectively hybrid these points, then you could theoretically switch between magika and stamina every fight, but I just don’t see it happening. As far as where to put the points, you should be able to decide this on your own, they are fairly descriptive in what they do.

LEVELING
If you are still moving up in the ranks, and have about 100 skill points, or even less since passives can be picked up along the way, I would choose one of the following builds. Once one build is complete, start putting points into the other one’s skills and make a “quest turn in ability bar” so when you have enough skill points for both builds, those skills will be mostly leveled up.

PASSIVES
Pretty obvious which ones you would want for both of these. I use all passives for all wps types used, race, and class ability trees. Only exception is for resto bar I only take restoration master (x2). Fighter and Mage guild I am selective as well, just read the descriptions and decide for yourself.

THE TWO BUILDS
(with 3 wpn/ability bar combos to choose from for each)

MAGICA BUILD (~100 skill points required)

3 skill bars to choose from

AOE DPS fun bar
(Destro Staff)

Inner Light
Volcanic Ruin
Blockade of Elements
Sap Essence
Force Pulse
U – Soul Harvest

This is just explosive fun. Drop volcanic ruin on a group of mobs, wait about 1 sec, then move in hitting blockade of elements then a few force pulse. Finish off with a few sap essence (really here for if-needed survivability).

ST DPS fun bar
(Any Wpn, I use DW for roleplay here)

Impale
Shadowy Disguise
Concealed Weapon
Sap Essence
Reaper’s Mark
U – Veil of Blades

Say you want to get your steel in flesh fix, but can’t switch to stamina just yet, or are too lazy to, just switch out your AOE dps bar for this. Also good choice for sneaky-sneaky role play, thieves guild activities.

ST boss/survivability bar (solo world boss, dolmens, end of questline bosses)
(Resto Staff)

Impale
Funnel Health
Crippling Grasp
Structured Entropy
Ward Ally
U – Veil of Blades (or whatever tbh)

I can solo anything in the regular game with this bar alone. Just keep all 3 dots up and weave funnel health in between. Ward if needed, Impale to execute, very simple and effective. Ultima can be based on situation (ex. Dawnbreaker if dolmen, Veil if slow moving mele mob, Ice Comet if mobile caster).

STAMINA BUILD (~ 100 skill points)

2H bar

Evil Hunter
Ambush
Wrecking Blow
Executioner
Rally
U – Flawless Dawnbreaker (or whatever)

Bow bar

Evil Hunter
Poison Injection
Bombard
Focused Aim
Reaper’s Mark

DW bar (if you prefer over 2hd or just want a diff playstyle available to swap to quickly.

Evil Hunter
[any 3 DW abilities you want
Reaper’s Mark

You shouldn’t need any real explanation of what these rotations would look like, stamina abilities are pretty straight forward IMO.

THE SWAP

If you have everything above, and pretty much all passives from all skill lines then you should be ready to go at just around 175 skill points.

None of the stamina abilities conflict with any of the magika abilities, I chose them with this purpose in mind. So, in order to go from a magika to stamina build/playstyle, you can simply:

1. respect your champion points (anywhere in the world)
2. swap your armor
3. change your skill bars

Your transformation is complete and cost only 3K gold! (Wykidd’s outfitter is very nice here)

Any more than 175 skill points, you got plenty to choose from to be more dynamic (vamp, WW, legerdemain, TG, crafting, etc.)

CAVEATE:
Pretty much any skill from the above 6 bars can be swapped out for something else, this is just what I enjoy. For example, Siphoning Attacks is a great one to filter in if you are having any resource issues.

I use the 3 magika ability bars, mostly the ST dps fun bar doing TG activities, mostly AOE/Boss bars for regular PVE activity.

For Stamina, I don’t do the DW bar at all, I find it non-engaging and very blah. I saw a guy spam Steel Tornado through an entire delve, he looked like the freaking Tasmanian devil. To me, a guy doing 100 consecutive triple sow-cows, and packing 500+ knives is not very immersive, but to each his own! This leaves me with only 160 Skill Points needed to round out both builds.

Enjoy!

Thasi - V16 Magblade Vampire PC/NA